The Kakabox Is For Sale!

• You cannot reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic

kakabox

• Turd Polisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: from point 'A' to point 'B' daily.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
THE CAR IS SOLD!
THANK YOU RPR!

read my post here: http://www.redpepper...e...st&p=535587

All,
It's an end of an era for me. The infamous Kakabox is up for sale!

The Kakabox was a labor of love for me and has provided me a wealth of pleasure; building it, running it and 'blogging' about it! It's been a great run...but now it's time for another of the faithful to continue on with it!
I'm currently pursuing other non-automotive interests.

The car is complete and needs nothing to be run at an AX or Track event. In it's current set up, on it's Kuhmo V710 race tires, it's quite fast on a ax course and is capable of posting ftd, or very close to it, at the local club level. It is street legal and can be driven to and from the track (and even carries it's own race wheels!). It could be driven to it's new home by it's new proud owner too!

HOWEVER, although this car is street legal and can be driven on the street, it is an extremely stripped down 3g Si w/zero creature comforts...no heat, no side windows, no carpet and plenty of 'exhaust note' (I wear earplugs when driving to the track). It is a 'hobby' car built for local club AX-ing or open track...IT IS NOT A DAILY DRIVER!

Please note, I built the car for my pleasure and paid no attention to any sanctioning body AX class rules during the build, so I have no idea what class it would qualify for. I usually ran time only so, it didn't matter. I would imagine the car would need to be de-modded a bit to qualify it for some class. Please don't ask me about this, as I have no idea...you'll have to do your own research.

Please read all about the specs and mods here: http://www.redpepper...e...st&p=307594 ...and in the long running Kakabox thread here: http://www.redpepper...e...st&p=194556

It was built from an extremely clean and rust free (zero) '87 3g Si over a 6 year period. It has proven itself time and time again on the AX track and it thinks nothing of driving 200+ miles on I-5 to get to the track (all while delivering 36 mpg). This is probably one of the best driving/running modified 3g's on the planet.

The Kakabox has one of the most developed 1/3g suspension on RPR sporting a 100% spherical bearing suspension featuring firstgencrx's (David's) spherical bearing front suspension and traction bars, full TEIN SS 16-way adj shocks and coilovers, adj rear sway bar, 29mm tbars. The chassis is very rigid by virtue of a Autopower 4pt roll bar (modified to 6 pts) and various custom chassis braces.

Again, please review/research the attached links for full details. It is currently riding on a brand new set of FALKEN 195/60-14 AT615K Azenis mounted on '99 Miata wheels (those are it's street tires) Comes w/a set of Lenso VPD's: 13 x 7.5, +25 mm OFF, 9.5 lbs/wheels w/215/50-13 Kumho V710 tires mounted, however, at my last ax, I chorded two out of the four. You could probably get by w/replacing the two, and running the two 'aged' ones in the rear. I was going to replace all four this season w/Hoosier A6 rubber.

I've priced this to sell as a whole car, hoping one of the faithful (RPR member) will purchase it. It has lots of life left in it.

If you are seriously interested in purchasing the whole car (plus spares), the price is $4000 cash, NO TRADES. This includes ALL of my 1/3G spares (everything goes! HF rear axles, custom stabars, headlights, body trim, rear hatches, hood, rebuilt D16 trans, etc, etc, etc)

Please check out the build thread...think about what the car is and what you'd use it for...then, if you're still interested, contact me here (PM).

Thanks RPR!

J.

mtcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (kakabox @ Feb 24 2012, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All,
It's an end of an era for me. The infamous Kakabox is up for sale!

The Kakabox was a labor of love for me and has provided me a wealth of pleasure; building it, running it and 'blogging' about it! It's been a great run...but now it's time for another of the faithful to continue on with it!
I'm currently pursuing other non-automotive interests.

The car is complete and needs nothing to be run at an AX or Track event. In it's current set up, on it's Kuhmo V710 race tires, it's quite fast on a ax course and is capable of posting ftd, or very close to it, at the local club level. It is street legal and can be driven to and from the track (and even carries it's own race wheels!). It could be driven to it's new home by it's new proud owner too!

HOWEVER, although this car is street legal and can be driven on the street, it is an extremely stripped down 3g Si w/zero creature comforts...no heat, no side windows, no carpet and plenty of 'exhaust note' (I wear earplugs when driving to the track). It is a 'hobby' car built for local club AX-ing or open track...IT IS NOT A DAILY DRIVER!

Please note, I built the car for my pleasure and paid no attention to any sanctioning body AX class rules during the build, so I have no idea what class it would qualify for. I usually ran time only so, it didn't matter. I would imagine the car would need to be de-modded a bit to qualify it for some class. Please don't ask me about this, as I have no idea...you'll have to do your own research.

Please read all about the specs and mods here: http://www.redpepper...e...st&p=307594 ...and in the long running Kakabox thread here: http://www.redpepper...e...st&p=194556

It was built from an extremely clean and rust free (zero) '87 3g Si over a 6 year period. It has proven itself time and time again on the AX track and it thinks nothing of driving 200+ miles on I-5 to get to the track (all while delivering 36 mpg). This is probably one of the best driving/running modified 3g's on the planet.

The Kakabox has one of the most developed 1/3g suspension on RPR sporting a 100% spherical bearing suspension featuring firstgencrx's (David's) spherical bearing front suspension and traction bars, full TEIN SS 16-way adj shocks and coilovers, adj rear sway bar, 29mm tbars. The chassis is very rigid by virtue of a Autopower 4pt roll bar (modified to 6 pts) and various custom chassis braces.

Again, please review/research the attached links for full details. It is currently riding on brand new FALKEN 195/60-14 AT615K Azenis (it's street tires, mounted on '99 Miata wheels) and comes w/a set of Lenso VPD's: 13 x 7.5, +25 mm OFF, 9.5 lbs/wheels (at my last ax, I chorded two out of the set of 215/50-13 Kumho V710 tires and will have to be replaced).

I've priced this to sell as a whole car, hoping one of the faithful (RPR member) will purchase it. It has lots of life left in it.

If you are seriously interested in purchasing the whole car (plus spares), the price is $4000 cash, NO TRADES. This includes ALL of my 1/3G spares (everything goes! HF rear axles, custom stabars, headlights, body trim, rear hatches, hood, rebuilt D16 trans, etc, etc, etc)

Please check out the build thread...think about what the car is and what you'd use it for...then, if you're still interested, contact me here (PM).

Thanks RPR!

J.

Wow, this comes as a big surprise. Someone is going to be very lucky to get this beautiful example of how to do a car build right. You have been the core, guide, and inspiration for the rest of us and our builds. Good luck and stay in touch with the site (in case we have more questions on how to build something).
MTCRX
1987 CRX-SI
Daily driver, autocross, and track days. Fun car and getting better with each improvement learned from RPR members.

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
wow great price !

KSousa

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 1986 integra LS
NOOOOOOOOOOO! not the kakabox! ... alright whats her name, there must be a woman behind this. unsure.gif
Check out my build!http://www.redpepper...showtopic=48435
custom extended fiberglass rear spoiler that wont develop rust bumps and weighs half as much as oem!http://www.redpepper...showtopic=55523
Tired of replacing/fixing your brittle plastic fenders? Wihttp://www.redpepper...showtopic=55674

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)
The Kakabox deserves a place of honor like those drag cars of days gone past sitting proudly in a museum, occasionally brought out for a tribute race! It's definitely a huge part of RPR history and I hope whoever gets her treats her like that.

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
It's a giveaway price!
Sharing with others what I do for myself!

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
You forgot a digit on the price?

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
Potentially very interested. Problem would be getting home......hmmm, wonder if an airline would let me check wheels and tires in the cargo hold of the plane so as to have real tires to drive home on.

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
QUOTE (Maine_Honda_Racer @ Feb 24 2012, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Potentially very interested. Problem would be getting home......hmmm, wonder if an airline would let me check wheels and tires in the cargo hold of the plane so as to have real tires to drive home on.

I think it has real tires to drive home on. "It is currently riding on brand new FALKEN 195/60-14 AT615K Azenis (it's street tires, mounted on '99 Miata wheels) and comes w/a set of Lenso VPD's: 13 x 7.5, +25 mm OFF, 9.5 lbs/wheels (at my last ax, I chorded two out of the set of 215/50-13 Kumho V710 tires and will have to be replaced)."

This is an amazing price. Much great kit in this car.

But forget driving it home, with all the stuff it comes with, you'll need a trailer.

sxpkpower

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX HF, 85 CRX SI, 84 CRX D16A1 swap, 76 Scirocco, 90 Firebird, 70 Charger R/T, 87 V8 S10
Wow, talk about tempting. Wonder if I could talk my wife into it if I sold my Firebird? Last thing I need is another race car, but this one is so well sorted out.

Interceptor

• Check your rearview if I'm not behind !
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '84 Honda CRX - '72 Datsun S30Z - '89 Austin Mini
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Wow. I never thought I'd have to read this ohmy.gif

WTB Blue CRX interior parts & Dashboard

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
I'd really hoped that I could visit Washington one day and meet the 'box/owner.

I could pony up the dough but it would be at least a month before I could make the flight- I doubt it will last that long on the market sad.gif

lets keep the OT chatter to a minimum, guys.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Blacktop Swap, 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD, 2012 Toyota Rav4
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (firstgencrx @ Feb 24 2012, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a giveaway price!

agree
The Original CR-Z driver

cahitapower

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 civic si
WOW!....speechless

if you interested in parting out please let me know... goodluck with the sell...hope it goes to a good home...

this has been one of the main builds here and has taken a major influenced on mine...
So MuCh In SUcH A SmALL BoX

Project Build "CahitaPower"

Xipher

• OMG! I posted THAT!?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Si (project), 98' GMC K2500 BIG BLOCK 4WD, 2008 Honda Fit Sport, 2017 Chevrolet Volt
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Maine_Honda_Racer @ Feb 24 2012, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pft, just ship them there, cheaper ;P
Full of The Internets!
etmydst - ""...and since he was the hardest gangster in all of stockton they were to scared to go in his house so they drove by and said "slow down forest"..."
My Vouch Thread