• You cannot reply to this topic
36 replies to this topic

simplyhonda

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 89 Wagon RT4wd, 1979 Civic 1200, 1986 Land Cruiser
    • Image Gallery
I saw two 1st Gens today which inspired me to start this thread.
Post your daily experiences with crx/3G spottings.
What did they look like? Did you talk to them? Give them an invite?
did you get pics? etc...
1st crx I saw today was a white HF driving down the road.
It looked like hell, rusty, 5 star mags. I gave the guy a
head nod as I passed.

2nd spotting of the day was a silver si parked beside
the gas station. Looked pretty rough, but repairable.
Just the usual - Cracked fenders, worn seats,
missing horn button, phone dials. But it did have
a nice sunroof deflector and new exhaust! Also
it was loaded with clothes & boxes like they were
moving. I left them a note
with my e-mail & web invite No pics this time.

What did you see today?
Helping keep the first generation CRX alive!

Vicious

QUOTE (simplyhonda @ Jun 12 2009, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What did you see today?

laugh.gif i haven't seen a 1g or 3g in forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wait when was our last meet florida people laugh.gif

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

DarkHand

Today?! I measure my Civic/CRX spottings by the year, not the day. biggrin.gif

Last Civic I saw was last summer, a beat up (but didn't see any rust!) red Si hatch. CRXs on the other hand, haven't seen one for about 3 or 4 years. A blue HF facing me at an intersection, turned left and I got a good look at it. Pretty bad shape.
DarkHand

1styearSI

• first year SI
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 civic SI SOLDI, 92 accord ex SOLD,84 yamaha virago 95 FIREBIRD FORMULA RAM AIR,2014 civic lx
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i see a 3g everyday 2 blocks away from my house it's a beater DX but about 2 months ago there was a MINT 1g si 3 blocks form my house no cracks no rust original black paint(shinny) freshly redone seats in katzkin leather,new carpet probably eBay but nicely done professionally installed, dash like new,no mods and garage kept 134k miles on it 2500 obo it sold in like 5 days i was gonna post it here but it was to clean and cheap to last.i can't remember the last time i saw a cleaner rex for sale other than that i never see 3g's or 1g's the rex always crack up and have too many miles for you average guy to wanna fix plus rust. according to auto zone only 14% of the civics sold were Si's. the carbed ones normally screw up and end up in the junk yard plus the rust

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I saw a pristine 85 SI full body sideshot one the history channel. The program was "GANGLANDS" MACHETE MURDERERS (Trinitarios gang).

ef91

• 87 stock box
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 black hatch si, 91 red hatch si
    • Image Gallery
don't see shit, our cars are too old. unsure.gif ... i did see a flat black 3g si running the streets of richmond with a papa john's pizza delivery sign on it.... this was about five months ago....

Lucky

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si...2001 ITR...1991 NSX
QUOTE (1styearSI @ Jun 12 2009, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i see a 3g everyday 2 blocks away from my house it's a beater DX but about 2 months ago there was a MINT 1g si 3 blocks form my house no cracks no rust original black paint(shinny) freshly redone seats in katzkin leather,new carpet probably eBay but nicely done professionally installed, dash like new,no mods and garage kept 134k miles on it 2500 obo it sold in like 5 days i was gonna post it here but it was to clean and cheap to last.i can't remember the last time i saw a cleaner rex for sale other than that i never see 3g's or 1g's the rex always crack up and have too many miles for you average guy to wanna fix plus rust. according to auto zone only 14% of the civics sold were Si's. the carbed ones normally screw up and end up in the junk yard plus the rust
WHY!? CANT I FIND 1ST GEN LIKE THIS??? mad.gif

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
Yeah, I measure the sightings in terms of qty per year. I buy more in a year than I see on the road in that same time (1G si's).

D
Keepin' it OEM

1styearSI

• first year SI
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 civic SI SOLDI, 92 accord ex SOLD,84 yamaha virago 95 FIREBIRD FORMULA RAM AIR,2014 civic lx
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
it's a shame I've seen more in the JY than on the road. unsure.gif to make it so bad some dudes had to make a website devoted to those makes,possibly to find others, and so people could exchange parts and tech i think they call it redpepperracing laugh.gif wink.gif

KSousa

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 1986 integra LS
there is a super clean 1g 86-87 si black a few blocks from my house. looks all oem, but its clean. i was driving by one day, and saw a guy in the front yard. i got out to talk to him but "he was so mean" - hangover

then there is this one guy who modified the front to accept 1gteg flip up headlights. not the teg front end, just the lights. he cut off the end of the fenders, and welded in the front piece of the teg fender to match the headlight. not sure how he did it since i think the teg has metal fenders. either way, ive talked to him too, mentioned rpr, he never showed any interest.

randomly have met two other 1g who both said they have been on rpr.

met this one guy at a junkyard, said he had shitload of 1g parts. apparantly he was from sacramento, and he was in a san jose pick n pull. said he goes around every other weekend to random pick n pulls to see what he finds. asked about rpr, he said that people on forums dont know what they are talking about. but he offered me dc headers for $200. also an si transmission with hf fifth in it for $150. ive tried calling him several times, never answers.

basically i see a 1g/3g atleast once a week
Check out my build!http://www.redpepper...showtopic=48435
custom extended fiberglass rear spoiler that wont develop rust bumps and weighs half as much as oem!http://www.redpepper...showtopic=55523
Tired of replacing/fixing your brittle plastic fenders? Wihttp://www.redpepper...showtopic=55674

kjeffery

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Crx SI, 06 Ford Focus, 08 Ford E-150
I think a good idea would be someone to make a standard flyer we print out and stick under winder shield wipers in case if we see a potential member in a parking lot or something.
I paint my hood black for that carbon fiber look!!

~zeus~

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '87 Honda Civic si "BetSi" RIP, 2001 Mazda MPV, 2007 Kia Spectra
The only one I see regularly is my own. tongue.gif wink.gif happy.gif

There's a really clean 3g si down the street from my friend's house.

I probly see 2 3g's every 6 mos. 1g's are more rare. Maybe only one per year.
QUOTE (Optimus Prime @ Transformers Season 2 Ep. 1)
"Megatron is behind this. I'd bet my titanium torsion bars on it."

AggressiveST

I saw an extremely clean silver 86/87 crx si at the store next to my work on Wednesday, when he and his wife came out I ran out to talk to him. He didn't seem to speak much english but I told him about rpr and showed him my car and he asked me to write it down for him. I don't expect to see him on here but he was a nice guy.
THEN: soon after that : next in order of time, position, narration, or enumeration <walked to the door, then turned><first came the clowns, and then came the elephants>

THAN: used as a function word to indicate difference of kind, manner, or identity ; used especially with some adjectives and adverbs that express diversity <anywhere else than at home><older than I am> <easier said than done>

kodi191

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 honda crx
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (AggressiveST @ Jun 14 2009, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw an extremely clean silver 86/87 crx si at the store next to my work on Wednesday, when he and his wife came out I ran out to talk to him. He didn't seem to speak much english but I told him about rpr and showed him my car and he asked me to write it down for him. I don't expect to see him on here but he was a nice guy.

i have had my 1st gen crx for a lil over a year now and i have onley scene one i live in wv and not one junk yard has scene one in years but i got pulled over by a cop about two monthes ago and after he gave mea warning he told me he had one with no title he would sell me for 400 but i havent looked at it yeat

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
lol cop wants to sell you a stolen crx W00T! haha
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol: