16 replies to this topic

opmcld

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1984 civic hatch Babe Blu
hey ,

i finally got my image gallery up and running

please check it out , i 'd love you hear from you guys , comments , opinions , whatever

there will be more to come biggrin.gif

http://www.redpepper.../gallery/opmcld

IamNOTaRicer

• U sux0rz @ teh intArweb
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '86 Civic Si, '81 Mazda RX-7
I'm sorry.. but do you and a bunch of friends pile into it and go to the circus? Come on.. 17's look like crap on these cars. It looks like a giant Hot Wheels car. Completely out of proportion.. not to mention the fact that you're WAY beyond the point of diminishing returns with sidewall height if you plan to keep the speedometer close... why don't you sell those to someone with a later Civic and get a set of 14's or 15's? You'll thank yourself later...

--Danny

DarkHand

I agree, you'll honestly thank yourself later if you get some smaller wheels. smile.gif
Other than that, that's a VERY nice looking Civic... Excellent condition! smile.gif
DarkHand

nivek2002

yes they are to big fo rmost people but they are nice looking rims, and i think once you get it lowered they will look much better - biggrin.gif

87X

• Mazdawgin
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1993 Mazda B2200 Pickup
    • Image Gallery
looks like a monster truck tongue.gif

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx hf w/B18C and a RAM
    • Image Gallery
It's all about you. It doesn't matter what others think about it.
Since you did ask though, the car looks great. Very good shape, but the wheels, in my opinion, would look better as 15's. Nice wheels though.
twitter: @lylehatton

PacerRacerGirl

• Racerchick
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: Old car: 1986 Civic Si. Then a 94 Mazda MX6. Now a 90 Miata and a 87 Civic Si
Nice car, what have you done besides the wheels? That's a very cool looking style. (BTW, I'm with everyone else about the size. The car is just too small for anything over 15")

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
BEAUTIFUL clean car! HORRIBLE wheels!
"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image

crx_86dx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 honda crx dx
nice car nice wheels but not the right wheels for the car

opmcld

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1984 civic hatch Babe Blu
HAHA!!

you guys are great! biggrin.gif i love the comments...you guys really ripped me a new one, lol!

yea, i guess it is all about personal preference

i like the hotwheels comment the best , i was rolling in my cube !!

hmmmm, what would you guys think if i cut out the wheel wells and dropped her on 20"s HAHA!!!

on, the serious note, i think she looks good
i bought this car because i had too, i crashed a much newer car and can't afford the insurance anymore,(this is my everyday driver) i hated her when i first bought her ( mostly because i was downgraded ) but sure enuff day by day i fell in love. now i'll never let her go, untill she runs into the ground. I'm hoping to sort out my insurance soon and purchase another car and have this one as a project.
Then i can put some performance into her. I can't now because i spent all my money on MY 17"S HAHAHA!!!!

DarkHand

QUOTE (87sivtec @ Nov 5 2003, 07:40 PM)
It's all about you.  It doesn't matter what others think about it. 

Now I feel bad for not mentioning that. smile.gif

He's right, Everything we say is our opinion, just like you've got yours. Don't go changing the wheels if you like them... It's your car, you're building it for YOU, not anyone else. smile.gif
DarkHand

crashm7066

• Granny
  • Pip
hey i agree with what everybody is saying nice car nice wheels but they just need to be smaller but besides that everything is great and it should make a really good project good luck

87dxhatch

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: honda
right on, im glad you can hack it. that is a straight 3g, have fun biggrin.gif

agreziv86E-AS

looks clean.....im another " im not feelin your 17s" guy....but hey.....its what YOU like wink.gif .....good luck with the 3g dood.
"Been there, done that"

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
Well dry.gif ... As a fan of 17" wheels, (I have a set of 17x7 Racing Harts on my 86SI biggrin.gif ) I think you really need to lower it to make it look right... I think the wheels look nice but it does look like a bit of a monster truck with it being so high... Oh, and by the way, nice 3g cool.gif ...
RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image