• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

Richardcoto452th

• OEM
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 Honda CRX Si
    Garage View Garage
Has anyone tried a crx 1 piece hood or stock hood successfully inside the trunk area or roof of a 1g crx?
I need to pick up a heeltoe 1 piece and all I have currently is my crx any ideas appreciated.

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage
No reason why it shouldn't fit at an angle in the hatch area
Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

Richardcoto452th

• OEM
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Yeah that's what I thought of too but I was unsure of it holding in place and wanted to confirm with someone that has done it without troubles. What hood did you do this with, the 1piece or stock hood?
And what points were the best to hook the ropes? Trunk hatch& tow hooks?

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '11 F150 Ecoboost

I can test fit my stock hood and take some pictures of clearances if you like when I get home.

MichaelStar

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2003 Jaguar S-Type R

You could always switch them out real quick.  Im sure the factory hood would fit in the rear, or if it is on top you don't have to worry about damage to it. 

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Alright, so I just test-fitted my stock hook in my gutted CRX and I don't think it's going to happen unless you remove the passenger seat.  Even then, it's going to be tight and most likely leaning on you while you drive.  If you're comfortable strapping something like to your roof, that's probably the way to go; otherwise borrow someone's car/truck that can fit it without issues. 

There's no way it's fitting in there sideways, as it's a little too wide.  The only way is to have it like in my picture, but angled towards the drivers seat and halfway into where the passenger seat would be.  Even then, it's going to be tight if it fits at all.  The hood's about 4.5" away from the very back of the trunk area in the below picture.  Keep in mind that mine is completely gutted, so you could maybe scoot it back another 2.5" or so if you still have your interior.  Even with doing that, you're not going to clear your seats.

photo_zps9922095f.jpg

Best of luck.

Richardcoto452th

• OEM
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
I'm thinking I can have it at that angle but a bit out of the trunk and just shut with rope. Anyone have pictures of a 1piece hood in there?

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

I really don't think a one piece is going to fit and I also don't recommend propping it on there with your hatch open.  The hatches on these cars are quite heavy and with it only open a little, the gas shocks aren't going to support much of the weight.  I'm assuming it's a CF one piece hood? 

Is there really no option for taking a different car?  Basically any car other than a miata would do better than the CRX.  Haha!

KSousa

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 1986 integra LS

Another option would be to install the one piece hood when you pick it up and put the oem hood/header panel in the back. You could even take the header panel off before you go.

Check out my build!http://www.redpepper...showtopic=48435
custom extended fiberglass rear spoiler that wont develop rust bumps and weighs half as much as oem!http://www.redpepper...showtopic=55523
Tired of replacing/fixing your brittle plastic fenders? Wihttp://www.redpepper...showtopic=55674

Mark L

Remove the hood and header.

Drive to location

Pick up the new one and install

Drive home.

1989 Integra RS
1991 Civic RT4WD
1994 Integra
icerace.com

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Remove the hood and header.

Drive to location

Pick up the new one and install

Drive home.

Oh damn, you're too smart!  This is pretty much your only option.  

Richardcoto452th

• OEM
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
I thought of that last option and was worried about the hood not having hood pins installed.. They say it's not needed but will the vibrations cause any delamination to the composite fibers?
Stock hood latch is functional.