• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

Richardcoto452th

• OEM
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 Honda CRX Si
    Garage View Garage
Is it possible to lower the car even more if you remove the adjustment nut and weld the bolt to the torsion bar? My idea would be to make the bolt and arm flush then weld them together, if anything goes wrong of course be able to grind away on the welded surface. Dumb idea but give me some input.

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
You could also just reindex the torsion bar, or machine a longer nut with a longer bolt.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery

There is a point of diminishing returns on lowering a street car. Lowering comes at the expense of suspension travel, something these cars do not have a lot of to begin with. If you plan on doing a lot of hard parking, slam it to the ground. If you plan on driving the car in the real world of curbs, pot holes and speed bumps, do not get overly ambitious about making the tops of the tires disappear into the wheel wells.

Posted Image

Form Follows Function

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage

Scotts completely right, if you want it to look tucked, get a bigger set of wheels and tires with a taller height around 24", then lower the car 1" and if you want to get ambitious use a set of a fender flares to bring the body line down. 

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

Richardcoto452th

• OEM
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 Honda CRX Si
    Garage View Garage
Hey chedda can you machine a set for me? & how much?
Yeah Scott I'm not too ambitious about My wheels disappearing in my wheel whells that's too far, but I'd sure like to get as close as possible. So back to that question, is It possible to weld it or best get a longer set of nuts and bolts?..

squareback

• Nothing's stock at this house . . .
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 90 Civic Si, 89 Civic Si, 16 Pilot, 13 Ruckus
    • Image Gallery
Seems like it would be better to just re-index the torsion bars, but I wouldn't do it if you're actually driving the car. A stance that low is asking for trouble on our cars with their limited suspension travel. I've bottomed out many times at near-stock height, so I can't imagine lowering the car more. If you do, at least upgrade to stiffer bars.
No power . . . no weight

KSousa

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 1986 integra LS

yes, upgraded torsion bars are a must if your trying to lower it more than an inch or so. and if you cant get the car as low as you want by backing off the adjustment nut, messing around with longer studs or welding nuts would be considered mickey mouse. The proper way would be to re-index. 

Check out my build!http://www.redpepper...showtopic=48435
custom extended fiberglass rear spoiler that wont develop rust bumps and weighs half as much as oem!http://www.redpepper...showtopic=55523
Tired of replacing/fixing your brittle plastic fenders? Wihttp://www.redpepper...showtopic=55674