• You cannot reply to this topic
48 replies to this topic

C_piddy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 turbo zc (turbo edit) -1986 carb dohc zc hf
i am a 2

once i was driving from missisauga to hamilton and my car started to cut out, i pulled off the high way and took a normal road into the direction of hamilton. my car started to die and get worse and worse... i didn't have one tool. and i had just replaced all my filters i new about a small hole in my fuel line somewhere but couldn't find it for the life of me. so i costed into a gass station and begged the clurk to let me fill up a winshield washer fluid jug with gass. i popped the hood and by passed the whole fuel system up to the fire wall. i had a smaller half a liter coke bottle full of gass in my engine compartment, i had to pull over everytime it died to fill the coke bottle with fuel i had in the windshild washer bottle. it was sooo bitterly cold. and i had 30 km to go, every two km i had to pulll over... i couldn't get the smell of gass off me for a week.

i call that magiver
chris
no fighting in the war room!

Dr. Strangelove

JDN14

3.5 im sure if i had the time, tools, and a place to work i could get most anything done. And i only really got into cars about a year and a half ago...just give me some time.
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (C_piddy @ Mar 31 2004, 09:53 AM)
i am a 2

once i was driving from missisauga to hamilton and my car started to cut out, i pulled off the high way and took a normal road into the direction of hamilton. my car started to die and get worse and worse... i didn't have one tool. and i had just replaced all my filters i new about a small hole in my fuel line somewhere but couldn't find it for the life of me. so i costed into a gass station and begged the clurk to let me fill up a winshield washer fluid jug with gass. i popped the hood and by passed the whole fuel system up to the fire wall. i had a smaller half a liter coke bottle full of gass in my engine compartment, i had to pull over everytime it died to fill the coke bottle with fuel i had in the windshild washer bottle. it was sooo bitterly cold. and i had 30 km to go, every two km i had to pulll over... i couldn't get the smell of gass off me for a week.

i call that magiver
chris

Now thats hardcore! (and even more dangerous than my hardwire fiasco!)

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

RETROCRX

• I AM THE STIG!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si (with big flares and a ZC!) 2004 Civic SiR
    • Image Gallery
Imagine the hardwire fiasco AND the gas bottle.....now THAT would be hardcore!!

biggrin.gif
Must.....go......racing.......

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX. Upgrades (so far) Illuminas on all four corners, new rims & tires & Eldo's carb mod. Needs some rust repair. 1993 Civic Si as a daily driver that I have sworn to keep stock (so $$ can go to the CRX).
I'm a three but I want to be a one (being such a big MacGuyver fan & all).
I'm hampered by lack of tools too.

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (RETROCRX @ Mar 31 2004, 10:16 AM)
Imagine the hardwire fiasco AND the gas bottle.....now THAT would be hardcore!!

biggrin.gif

Sounds like a recipie for an explosion, to me ph34r.gif

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

shadowboy

• RPR Resident Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX HF, D16A1-powah
    Garage View Garage
i am a number 2, except for the manual part. i have completely rebuilt the suspension on my CRX without once looking at the manual. it's pretty straightforward and shouldn't require it.

the only thing i use the manual for really, is torque specs.
Shawn
--------
1987 CRX HF, black top D16A1 power.
Best ET so far: 15.130 @ 88.53mph

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
i guess iw ould be a 2 i aint very good though

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
It depends upon a lot of factors, but I have done 95% of the work on my CRX. I let pro's with the correct tools do clutch and tranny work (one day I will have a lift, one day...)

I have fabbed many of my own mods. While I may not be in McGyver's league, I think that I can whip up just a solution to just about any problem. Home Depot and the junkyard are my favorite auto parts sources.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
2- I've helped out with a few later Honda engine swaps, and then went from having a D16A1 sitting under my car (mostly lined up, but nothing bolted or plugged in) to having it running in 19 hours straight (2pm to 9am blink.gif). Now, after an unfortunate incident involving a wall at Phoenix International Raceway, I'm going to be moving the entire D16A1/EFI setup from my 87 Si into the DX. I'm figuring the car will be down for about 2 weeks, which should give me some time to iron out any issues that come up before the car's due for emissions (end of April) and my next track day (May 8-9).

agreziv86E-AS

id say 2.....with a lil more experience and more monster garage style tools ill hopefully be at 1
"Been there, done that"

Airjockie

• I LIKE RED (spray-paint)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
<-----1 wink.gif

grew up in a machine shop, joined Air Force, became a F-15 Creiw chief, still build and repair Blackhawks, and been playing around with cars for a while....

duct tape and zip ties hold my turbo together.... tongue.gif
87 CRX SI, Wide body, and still not running...RB25DET?!?!?!
74 260Z....going to get rebuilt soon....
07 Subaru outback...Daily Driver...

crxmobber

• Mobbin Clean
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 85 CRX Si, 98 prelude, 5th Gen VFR, WRX
    • Image Gallery
well I would say i'm probably a 2. I have a shitty chilton book to guide me through, but most of the time it does me no good and i have to figure it out myself. blink.gif

SportInjectedClub

Masta

ummm.....a 1 I guess. Not so much on my car, but I think Tom can vouch.

D.
Civic Nation. Represent.

Dan-O

++1
I've been getting paid to fix cars (Cadillacs) for just shy of 14 years.
I can fabricate anything (I have a MIG and want to buy a TIG)
I've worked on everything, even restored a 1960 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud
My specialty though, is driveability and electronics work.

I've built a 500 HP motor from scratch, rebuilt trannys,
Plus, I can do body work and paint.

Expirience is the key here, lots of expirience!