• You cannot reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic

Gant

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure

WTF is that?!? blink.gif

Idk, I think its pretty cool looking...... kinda, but for a hybrid not to get over 40mpg? yeah not thinking so, BUT if I could buy a shell and drop in a supercharged k-series it would be a bad little bitch cool.gif

^^click for wagoplan alpha^^

My name is Garrett.... like the turtle

KSousa

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 1986 integra LS
I think the instant torque from the electric motor will make this car surprise a lot of people. Honda has moved in a completely new direction with this thing. No one thought much of the crx when it first came out. But hondas little crx project surprised people. It has its peak torque and hp are on opposite sides of the rev range. Im guessing that means a larger steady poweband. With a little more power, I think this car can be a success. Lets just see what aftermarket can do with it.
Check out my build!http://www.redpepper...showtopic=48435
custom extended fiberglass rear spoiler that wont develop rust bumps and weighs half as much as oem!http://www.redpepper...showtopic=55523
Tired of replacing/fixing your brittle plastic fenders? Wihttp://www.redpepper...showtopic=55674

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i dunno, i may just save the money and get a Fit. ahaha. who am i kidding, i'm not getting rid of my 91.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

crxgator

• Buttsex in the hottub
  • PipPip
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Jun 26 2010, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dunno, i may just save the money and get a Fit. ahaha. who am i kidding, i'm not getting rid of my 91.

if you do, let me know... ph34r.gif
2nd gen driver...1st gen lover...

1g Supremacy

The power/weight ratio is almost the same as the '91 Si, with better gearing and a 6 speed and a buttload more torque.

I don't really think weight is going to be a huge factor for it.

I would like to see them ditch the Hybrid, drop in a K-series or a V6 and call it the CR-Z Si. That would be amazing.

But regardless, I'd take the '85 Si. Mine will look like that again some day.

RedSIBaron

• buford's problem child
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
QUOTE (1g Supremacy @ Jun 29 2010, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The power/weight ratio is almost the same as the '91 Si, with better gearing and a 6 speed and a buttload more torque.

I don't really think weight is going to be a huge factor for it.

I would like to see them ditch the Hybrid, drop in a K-series or a V6 and call it the CR-Z Si. That would be amazing.

But regardless, I'd take the '85 Si. Mine will look like that again some day.

im glad someone else has crunched the numbers on the car...

i think once people get to drive them they will like it...in japan they are flying out of dealers...

from what i understand they are going to be doing a type r version of the car which will have higher output out of both the engine and electric motor...

honestly, my plan is to pick one up, daily drive the piss out of it for a few years, when the battery on it gets flakey, rip the guts out of it and swap in a k20a from the ITR dc5

done and done 220whp, 6 spd, LSD, track gearing, 11.5:1 compression, revs to 9k...how can you go wrong...

plus my guess is since the crz shares a lot with the fit and the insight, it wont take hasport very much to adapt what they learned with the k-series swap kit for the fit and adapt it to the crz...

now the only question is, if its not a hybrid what do we do with the 3 buttons (economy, normal, sport)...

...im thinking run 3 tunes on the vehicle biggrin.gif

just have the 87 1G crx and an f150 now...womp womp
-Charles McCusker-

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (RedSIBaron @ Jun 29 2010, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im glad someone else has crunched the numbers on the car...

i think once people get to drive them they will like it...in japan they are flying out of dealers...

from what i understand they are going to be doing a type r version of the car which will have higher output out of both the engine and electric motor...

honestly, my plan is to pick one up, daily drive the piss out of it for a few years, when the battery on it gets flakey, rip the guts out of it and swap in a k20a from the ITR dc5

done and done 220whp, 6 spd, LSD, track gearing, 11.5:1 compression, revs to 9k...how can you go wrong...

plus my guess is since the crz shares a lot with the fit and the insight, it wont take hasport very much to adapt what they learned with the k-series swap kit for the fit and adapt it to the crz...

now the only question is, if its not a hybrid what do we do with the 3 buttons (economy, normal, sport)...

...im thinking run 3 tunes on the vehicle
biggrin.gif

boost presets wink.gif
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

RedSIBaron

• buford's problem child
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
QUOTE (zakats @ Jun 30 2010, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boost presets wink.gif

there we go... laugh.gif

just have the 87 1G crx and an f150 now...womp womp
-Charles McCusker-

1stgenhybridCR-X

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx
QUOTE (SEEKERone @ Jun 22 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fresh infomation...

On sale date of August 24
2 transmission choices- 6 speed manual and CVT
3 trim levels LX (base), EX, and EX w/Navigation

and for fun....

The the CR-Z looks sweet from the front, the rear/back looks really ugly- like an honda insight so that messes up the whole design, this car is not anywhere close to a hybrid by mpg standards today, and it weighs too much, unless you are willing to waste $25-30 G's to buy it and swap in a k20, and modify the rear, then you will have something to be proud of IMO, that was the decision i made from fixing up my 86 crx, why should i buy this new cr-z when my crx will always have more potential to run people off the track

crxgator

• Buttsex in the hottub
  • PipPip
QUOTE (1stgenhybridCR-X @ Jun 30 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The the CR-Z looks sweet from the front, the rear/back looks really ugly- like an honda insight so that messes up the whole design, this car is not anywhere close to a hybrid by mpg standards today, and it weighs too much, unless you are willing to waste $25-30 G's to buy it and swap in a k20, and modify the rear, then you will have something to be proud of IMO, that was the decision i made from fixing up my 86 crx, why should i buy this new cr-z when my crx will always have more potential to run people off the track

the CR-Z seems to be holding its own on the track. So it's a pretty good contender and people usually like the rear of the car better than the front...seems like you're the odd man out... tongue.gif
2nd gen driver...1st gen lover...

Toneco

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 civic Sedan
QUOTE (KSousa @ Jun 26 2010, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the instant torque from the electric motor will make this car surprise a lot of people. Honda has moved in a completely new direction with this thing. No one thought much of the crx when it first came out. But hondas little crx project surprised people. It has its peak torque and hp are on opposite sides of the rev range. Im guessing that means a larger steady poweband. With a little more power, I think this car can be a success. Lets just see what aftermarket can do with it.

SUPERCHARGER FTFW

goes perfect, I'm not really a fan of boost lag.

If you want to save gas honda has plenty of hybrids that offer that but if you want a NEW pretty dope lookin "IMO", the CR-Z is purty alot of potential like its cousin or brother W/E the CR-X. I would give it time and watch people will be ballin with these. Sooner or later some R tard will get ina little fender bender, car goes to salvage yard for sale or parts car then thats the time you buy it and go ape shit on the MOFO

just my 0.02 pesos

Toneco.
myspace.com/toneco9227
87 civic Sedan DD[Stolen]
93 civic EH [SOLD]
87 civic Sedan [SOLD]

3rd1stGEN

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si; '07 Tundra; '01 Honda Magna
    • Image Gallery
I test drove one this past weekend and it surprised me how it was to drive. On paper it seems like a slouch, but it felt torquey. I would consider getting one if it was more practical.

Chris

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
QUOTE (3rd1stGEN @ Oct 7 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I test drove one this past weekend and it surprised me how it was to drive. On paper it seems like a slouch, but it felt torquey. I would consider getting one if it was more practical.

Chris

My daughter and I test drove a 6-speed EX a few weeks ago. I was impressed with how peppy it felt. Seemed reasonably priced, all in all.

The copy of Grassroots MotorSports I received this week had a good comparison of the CR-Z with a 2nd gen. CRX. Their acceleration and handling tests found them to be dead-even.

Keith

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

Tim

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si
QUOTE (kedwards @ Oct 7 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My daughter and I test drove a 6-speed EX a few weeks ago. I was impressed with how peppy it felt. Seemed reasonably priced, all in all.

The copy of Grassroots MotorSports I received this week had a good comparison of the CR-Z with a 2nd gen. CRX. Their acceleration and handling tests found them to be dead-even.
Keith

See, that there is my problem with the CR-Z. First, we all know that hybrid technology is somewhat of a joke. All that extra weight offsets most of the fuel economy, not to mention what to do with all those toxic batteries. I'm still partial to Colin Chapman's mantra of "Add Lightness". And don't get me started with all that airbag mess. Use a seatbelt, and if you ARE in a wreck, you won't be deafened or burned or even killed by those quick, tiny explosions airbags rely on.

After 20 years, that car should not settle for "dead even". It should slay the '91.

Don't like it. At all. Only my opinion. Don't flame me, I'm just not impressed. And no, haven't driven one.

Cannot drive with the window up

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
The only thing that disapoints me at all is the fact that its a hybrid, other than that, i really like this car. I nearly baught one to just so i could make it a rear wheel drive little street machine, but then i rememberd that i have an RX8 and its a better platform.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719