Racing Fender Flares

• You cannot reply to this topic
27 replies to this topic

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 Racing Civic , 1995 Street Civic CX , 2007 Honda Civic 4dr, 1992 Racing Acura integra
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well I just got the front flares back yesterday and got them painted up and will be putting them on tonight.

here are the pictures

http://www.redpepper...gallery/albun89

These flares stick out about 1 1/4" from the stock ones . Notice I do not have any side rubber door bumper strips to interfear with installation.
They have been pop-riveted onto the car.

If you are interested in a set of these for your car ,I can have a set pulled because I have the molds and the cost is $200Canadian plus you pay for shipping for a set

more talk about them here
http://www.redpepper...=ST&f=15&t=2045

My info:

Chris Doodson
22950 Purdey Ave.
Maple Ridge , B.C.
Canada
V2X 7M1

agreziv86E-AS

wow......they look sweet. how much would they be in u.s. money? is it possible for you to ship to the southeast u.s? also you think by any chance theyll fit a wagovan huh.gif ???
"Been there, done that"

nivek2002

we have already tried them on a sedan and they dont work, so i would guess they wouldnt sad.gif

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Racing Civic , 1995 Street Civic CX , 2007 Honda Civic 4dr, 1992 Racing Acura integra
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The only car they will fit is a 84-87 Civic HatchBk with no side rubber mouldings

I can ship anywhere if your paying for it smile.gif

Doodson

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I added a couple front shots to the gallery

http://www.redpepper...gallery/albun89

Doodson

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Um, quick question. It seems that the fronts are rivet on additions to the front fenders, yet you also show a complete flared fender. Which is which? Is the kit four flares, or two fenders and two flares?

Enquiring minds want to know! smile.gif
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Sorry for the confusion. The kit will be 4 rivet on style flares. The picture of the whole front fender is what I had to make in order to get a mold made and pulled. You could call that the Plug. I guess they could have made the whole front fenders but I am interested in CHEAP and the way I did it ,both the front and back flares are installed the same. (Same look) These are not meant to be show car quality.
I call them "Good from Far but Far from Good" tongue.gif I dont think anyone has ever made some flares that rivet or mold to the 3rd gen civic and I think $200 Canadian is a good deal compared to a Mugen or other after market flare. I know a guy who just got some generic flares for his 89 CRX and they dont fit without alot of work and they cost him about $300 U.S. sad.gif

Doodson

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Doodson @ Mar 7 2003, 05:37 PM)
Sorry for the confusion. The kit will be 4 rivet on style flares.  The picture of the whole front fender is what I had to make in order to get a mold made and pulled. You could call that the Plug. I guess they could have made the whole front fenders but I am interested in CHEAP and the way I did it ,both the front and back flares are installed the same. (Same look) These are not meant to be show car quality.
I call them "Good from Far but Far from Good" tongue.gif  I dont think anyone has ever made some flares that rivet or mold to the 3rd gen civic and I think $200 Canadian is a good deal compared to a Mugen or other after market flare.  I know a guy who just got some generic flares for his 89 CRX and they dont fit without alot of work and they cost him about $300 U.S. sad.gif

Doodson

I wasn't disputing that it was a good deal (it is!) I just wanted to know exactly what's included. Now I know. Cool.

They don't have to look good. You'll never notice it going by at 100MPH anyway... smile.gif

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
You need some more goodies on your car if your only going 100MPH biggrin.gif

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
no shit. smile.gif I should have said 'on the way past 100MPH'

Outlaw_78ca

• Street fighter
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 94 Integra/95 Neon
if some sort of trim was added to the edge that meets up against the fender to fill the gaps. would the flairs look ok on a street driven civic? I may be gettin one soon so i need to know lol. (Looks like i may be joinin the hatchback Clan lol)
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Rev it up and pay Redline a visit
'94 Acura Integra RS
'95 Dodge Neon
'85 Honda VF750F Interceptor

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Um, yeah, I'm going to need a set of those to fit the 225 Hoosiers... smile.gif

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I think if you have some body work backround then you may be able to graft them in seamlessly. But I did make them for the track. If your Civic has a rusted out rear end fenders then these would be a quick cover up. I have sold 2 sets so far and just sent one out today. I look forward to seeing them on other cars.

Please E-mail if interested
[email protected]

$200 Canadian a set ( you pay shipping )

Doodson

toxicshit

I have used civic hatchback rear fenders to repair my old and rusty G1 CRX fenders it did fit verry nicely !

Can you send a pair of your fender flares to The netherlands ????

Edited by toxicshit, 17 April 2003 - 04:55 PM.

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Like I said before : I will ship these things anywhere in the World , BUT , You are going to pay the shipping.

1 set of 4 fender flares to fit 1984-1987 Civic = $200 Canadian + you pay shipping.
Made of Fiberglass, Rivet on style front and back

I only take certified cheques
Contact me for info
Would be willing to trade for Good Camber plates

Chris Doodson smile.gif