Sale Of Car

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

What should happen here?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What price should I put in the police report for the wheels?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

Christ

• Parting out my '86 Si. Need anything?
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1989 Civic DX 4-Door - dead, parting out.
The CRX that I once owned has been sold to 1985 CRX SI.

It will remain in my possession until he comes to pick it up, within a reasonable amount of time.

The details of the sale have been made clear to both myself and him, and are being adhered to.

(I still have to get him the head and hub that I threw into the sale, they're up with my Van.)

This post is simply to make it public that as of today, My paypal has been credited $300 for the sale of said vehicle, and this post also serves the purpose of preventing wrongdoing on either side of the transaction.

This concludes our broadcast day.

EDIT: In case this is the first time you're reading this... the guy took the car without me being present, and grabbed the wheels off my other car as well. The rest of the thread past the first few posts is dealing with that situation.

Edited by Christ, 18 February 2009 - 09:31 PM.

How about we just agree to respect each other's opinion?Even though yours is so obviously wrong...
Click here to see how I basically gave my car away to another RPR member!

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Christ @ Jan 27 2009, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The CRX that I once owned has been sold to 1985 CRX SI.

It will remain in my possession until he comes to pick it up, within a reasonable amount of time.

The details of the sale have been made clear to both myself and him, and are being adhered to.

(I still have to get him the head and hub that I threw into the sale, they're up with my Van.)

This post is simply to make it public that as of today, My paypal has been credited $300 for the sale of said vehicle, and this post also serves the purpose of preventing wrongdoing on either side of the transaction.

This concludes our broadcast day.

blink.gif Umm, why is this not in the vouch/feedback section or in the forsale section? Someone should get a mod to move this, oh wait yeah. Just a sec. and Taa dah!!!! Boom goes the dynamite. tongue.gif
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Christ

• PipPip
I just threw it up in the OT section b/c I wasn't sure that it should go in vouch or classified... it's not really "for sale" anymore... and it's not a vouch yet.
How about we just agree to respect each other's opinion?Even though yours is so obviously wrong...

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Yeah people usually do this on other forums on transactions. Mostly forums with a lot of scammers, but this one has very little.. I probably could count the scammers on 1 hand since I've been a member..

Sounds like the guy got a great deal!..

Christ

• PipPip
Re-subscribed just in case buyer leaves a message or something.

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Christ @ Feb 16 2009, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
JEFF, if there was a problem that prevented you from getting here, I apologize for my "tone" in this posting. You still should have called or sent a message, though.

I am sorry I missed you. I arrived at your house @1:30 knocked on the front door,knocked on the rear door, no one answered. I found the CRX still up on cement blocks did not have a jack to lift the car high enough to get off block so had to destroy them to get the car down. Noticed that you put the extra wheels (85 SI) I bought on the car and my phone dials from my CRX on the Civic. Had a really hard time loading this on the trailer because of 2 flat tires that came off the rims. I just walked in the door to my house just about 10:45
Thanks for everything.
Sorry for any inconvenience you think I may have caused you (I forgot your phone number at home and could not call you)
Jeff

Christ

• PipPip
I just got back home and looked out back. I hadn't even realized that you had been here, honestly. I was here @ 130 though LOL. I was upstairs waiting for you to call. Well, I know what "rut" in the yard the home owner was talking about though.

Thank you for picking it up, I will delete that last post.

I apologize for the earlier post, Jeff. Everyone that read it before I deleted it, disregard it.

PS - I told you that I would give you the '85 Si wheels INSTEAD of the phone dials b/c they were on my Civic. I hope you didn't take both sets...

Edited by Christ, 17 February 2009 - 12:00 AM.

Christ

• PipPip
Jeff - You weren't supposed to touch the other car. At no point in time did I tell you that you were taking BOTH sets of wheels, It was made very clear that they were swapped onto the Civic so you could have the 13" wheels. You've now left me with an immobile vehicle, which may cause me several problems with the township.

You now have two options -

You can either bring the phone dials back,

or you can pay me the $200 that I have to give back to the man that ACTUALLY DID PAY FOR THEM.

Choose.

Edited by Christ, 17 February 2009 - 12:01 AM.

Christ

• PipPip
I've sent buyer a paypal request for $200, the amount I had to return for the sale of the wheels.

I will wait until Wednesday to allow ample time for a reply from the buyer, after that, I will pursue legal action.

I have sent an email, made paypal payment request, a PM here, and this thread. Ample notice has been given. Make no mistake about it, I will pursue any action necessary to make this situation right.

Christ

• PipPip
I checked the car to make sure nothing else was missing, and as best I can tell, nothing is... that said, I don't want anyone to get confused in thinking that I'm calling this guy a thief - I'm not.

I honestly believe that he just made a mistake. It happens. I'm not going to allow myself to lose because of someone else's mistake though. If it was a simple mistake, just be a man, admit it and make it right. There should be no argument over whether the wheels should have been included in the deal. It just doesn't make any sense.

Originally, he offered me $275 for the car. I countered with $300, since I was including a spare browntop head with it. He asked for the '85 Si wheels for that price, I said fine.

At the time, I was still driving the sedan... the '85 Si wheels were on the sedan, so I had to swap them out, and put the '86 (PhoneDial) wheels on the sedan, to keep it mobile...

Logic prevails - a set of aluminum rims is worth MINIMALLY $60 at a junk yard. Why would I include another set of wheels for $25 more, when I could (and did) sell them for far more? Especially after including a full spare head?

If you were unsure about the wheels, you knew that you would be back through this area anyway to go to Sarge's meet... why not leave them here instead of creating such a problem? Had they been part of the deal, and if you had left them here, I'd have simply held on to them until Sarge's meet, so you could pick them up. As it sits, they were not part of the deal, and you SHOULD have left them here.

At one point, I had told Jeff that all the parts that were going with the car would be either on, in, or behind it. The Civic was sitting in front of it, with all four wheels secured to it, by four lug nuts each, and was still in a driveable condition. (I had just moved it the other day, to show someone that the engine was OK and the transmission worked.)

Jeff, I need you to get back to me on this. I will work with you if it was a mistake on your part to get it settled fairly and promptly, I think I'm pretty reasonable about things like this. But if you avoid me, I will have no choice but to file a police report.

The owner of the store next door has already told me that they have footage from the back door camera of you pulling the wheels from the car, and said they would save it. I don't want it to go down like that.

Edited by Christ, 17 February 2009 - 07:49 PM.

ChrisF-dude