Mikuni Jets

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Finally, our own forum! biggrin.gif Anyone know of a place where I can get jets for my 40 PHH's for a fairly cheap price?

DSMTimeline.jpg

fhrcng

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 Civic S Solo 2 car-owned since new-42000 miles , 05 Dodge Magnum R/T (And yes it had a HEMI!) with Superchips Flashpaq, CAI, Exhaust, Bilsteins)
    Garage View Garage
You mean you are finally going to work on those things? smile.gif

I used to buy mine from Select Sales in Florida. Not sure if they are still in business but they were a factory auth Mikuni Dealer. Weber jets might work as well. Not sure on that either.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too
dark to read. -Groucho Marx

keithg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: SCCA FP/GTL 1985 Honda CRX (EW)
I don't know about cheap, but I get my Mikuni parts/jets from Rebello Racing. www.rebelloracing.com
Weber and Mikuni jets won't interchange.

Edited by keithg, 11 December 2004 - 08:23 PM.

Keith Gillespie
Hasport Performance
www.hasport.com

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
My one order from Rebello was a complete clusterfuck- lots of promised ship dates, and they ended up arriving a week and a half late- I had to drive home between sessions of an HPDE so I could pick up parts that should have arrived in time for the autox the previous weekend mad.gif. The jet recommendations they made worked fairly well, but no on at the shop seemed to know what was going on with the actual ordering process. I'm planning to go to someone else for my next order, and I'd recommend you do the same.

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Thanks everyone! fhrcng, I'm gonna give it a try this winter to keep me busy. biggrin.gif I talked to Robello this summer and they were really friendly on the phone and helped me out. But I'll take your advice and look around for other places to order from.

DSMTimeline.jpg

criticalmass

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2006 Ridgeline
I've had good luck with Overseas Distributing in BC. They seem to have a lot in stock for the 40's.

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
criticalmass, thanks for the info...do they have a website or phone number?

And does anyone know which jets would be best for my 40's at temperatures between 65-90 degrees, 50-80% humidity and an elevation between 1800 and 2000 ft.??? Are there any downloadable charts or graphs that show proper jetting for Mikuni's?

Edited by Airgazm86, 13 December 2004 - 06:59 PM.

DSMTimeline.jpg

criticalmass

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2006 Ridgeline
QUOTE (Airgazm86 @ Dec 13 2004, 06:58 PM)
criticalmass, thanks for the info...do they have a website or phone number?

And does anyone know which jets would be best for my 40's at temperatures between 65-90 degrees, 50-80% humidity and an elevation between 1800 and 2000 ft.???  Are there any downloadable charts or graphs that show proper jetting for Mikuni's?

hmmm... number I've got for Overseas is: 800-665-5031
I've only seen their ads in Grassroots and SportsCar magazines. Don't think they've got a website or maybe they do, but it just has contact info on it. I just call them.

You've got wide ranges there as far as temp and humidity... probably lots of different jet combos in those ranges.... Mikuni does have a tuning card. I found it online someplace, but it didn't print out well so I usually just followed their manual as far as making changes to jets. Other things like head porting, exhaust manifold, compression ratio, and cam make a big difference with the Mikunis too. You really need to get a good baseline setup, make sure you have no vacuum leaks at all, and then tune from there. I'm pretty sure that I started with the factory setup, as listed in the back of the manual, in my 40's and then adjusted from there based on EGT's. Be sure to only change one thing at a time so you can be sure what works and what doesn't. I got a long lesson on Mikunis from a guy named David Weber at Malvern Racing, but he has since passed away much to the detriment of the broader racing community-- he was a true expert at tuning carbs and is missed by many.

Steve91

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (Airgazm86 @ Dec 11 2004, 08:11 PM)
Finally, our own forum! biggrin.gif  Anyone know of a place where I can get jets for my 40 PHH's for a fairly cheap price?

Last time I checked, Toysport in Santa Ana Ca. had a full selection of PHH jets and parts.

lohatch

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 92 hatchback, 85 crx
www.wolfcreekracing.com should be able to hook you up.
their phone number is 516-635-6775