My Civic (spoon Upgrade)

• You cannot reply to this topic
72 replies to this topic

Christ

• Parting out my '86 Si. Need anything?
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1989 Civic DX 4-Door - dead, parting out.
QUOTE (86hamstersi @ Dec 2 2008, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a bunch of fuckin haters. You have to remember that everything thats available here ain't always available in a third world country. I applaud him for his effort which I do not have. Plus you have to remember that their isn't as much competition there as there is here for car shows. Just my 2 cents.

Awaiting the stones.

I said my two cents, but IMO, if you can't make it look half way decent, it looks like shit. There is no lee-way... it's not "kinda cool" to have parts on your car that OBVIOUSLY don't fit. If you don't have the skills to make them fit, either find someone that does, or choose another part.

Honestly, you're defending a bone stock car with everything done to it that most of us shun... it's called a ricer. It's not a perfect example of what NOT to do, but if he keeps modding it this way, it soon will be.

"Clean" is a far cry for a car that nothing fits on. Color coordination obviously isn't a strong point here either.
How about we just agree to respect each other's opinion?Even though yours is so obviously wrong...
Click here to see how I basically gave my car away to another RPR member!

OVNi_CIVIC

• fear me...fear the self...
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 Wagon AWD, 86 CRX, 01 EM2, 04 ES1, 93 civic hatch
    • Image Gallery
Wow, where'd the RPR love go?

...i guess we are getting an influx of H-T garbage...

Car looks good. I can tell you right now those aren't "spoon" wheels, they are rota. But im no Rota hater, hope you didnt get ripped off on price for them thinking they are what they arent. As far as part fitment, i'd work on that, and it would be supewr cherry! biggrin.gif nice!

"Tie two birds together, even though they have four wings they cannot fly"---Circle of Iron
MySpace.......... www.myspace.com/kored

Wagovan-Clan Member

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i'm thinking the issue we have is that he is passing of fakes as real parts. or atleast trying to. if he said they were rota wheels, we wouldn't have a problem. and i think we can all agree if the time is taken to adjust some of the fitment, the car would look 100% better. that is where the hating is coming from. good ideas, but need to be carried out a little bit better. we, as a group, are engineers, inventors, and the best at adapting parts to our cars. only thing is that for the most part we all agree that it takes time to do so and you can't just go slapping parts on without care. these cars take a lot of time and attention to detail. if someone doesn't feel like spending the time on it, just buy a 5th gen hatch so everything is pre-made to fit.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1980 yamaha qt50, 2007 civic si sedan(wife's)
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Christ @ Dec 2 2008, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I said my two cents, but IMO, if you can't make it look half way decent, it looks like shit. There is no lee-way... it's not "kinda cool" to have parts on your car that OBVIOUSLY don't fit. If you don't have the skills to make them fit, either find someone that does, or choose another part.

Honestly, you're defending a bone stock car with everything done to it that most of us shun... it's called a ricer. It's not a perfect example of what NOT to do, but if he keeps modding it this way, it soon will be.

"Clean" is a far cry for a car that nothing fits on. Color coordination obviously isn't a strong point here either.

I guess you really haven't been on this site long enough to understand and see what half on the cars on this site look like. There are as many ricers as there are clean looking cars. Like I said not everyone has the resources that we do here. And let me ask you a question. Is there a reason you are swapping the dash on your car other than looks? The only person I have seen that from is anjin and his has a purpose. His engine setup is helped out a lot more with having the cluster and surround that actually came with it. But that is your project so we'll see.
A grown up living with their parents is a loser.

NWClassicHonda

• "Leader of the pack"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 87 Civic Si, 88 Integra Special
    Garage View Garage
I wasnt hating on shit, his build is wack because of the mis-used fake parts everywere and I gave my opinion. I dont care what country you live in, a clean build is a clean build period and his car isnt. If I was doing something totally wrong like this Id want people to tell me too...

Oh ya, you can mailorder parts from anywere so thats no excuse either...

"for all your pre-1988 Honda restoration needs 206-940-8173"

"vouch thread"
http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1

1g, 2g, 3g Civic

1g CRX

1g Integra

1g, 2g, 3g Accord

1g, 2g, 3g Prelude

cars, parts, collectibles and more!

http://www.nwclassichonda.com

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1980 yamaha qt50, 2007 civic si sedan(wife's)
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (jdm4drda7 @ Dec 3 2008, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasnt hating on shit, his build is wack because of the mis-used fake parts everywere and I gave my opinion. I dont care what country you live in, a clean build is a clean build period and his car isnt. If I was doing something totally wrong like this Id want people to tell me too...

Oh ya, you can mailorder parts from anywere so thats no excuse either...

I think you should help him find some stuff. You have too damn much rare stuff. How about you give me your address too. unsure.gif
A grown up living with their parents is a loser.

Christ

• PipPip
QUOTE (86hamstersi @ Dec 3 2008, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there a reason you are swapping the dash on your car other than looks?

I said I was going to test fit it, and if it wasn't a direct fit or close to it, that I wasn't going to bother. I personally prefer the look of the 2nd gen dash. But, once again, so there is no issue with clarity, IF I CAN'T MAKE IT LOOK LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THERE, IT'S NOT GOING IN. I will still post the images for comparison. Try reading the thread.

Personal choice to swap parts, honestly, but at least I would take the time to make it look like it was supposed to be in there... i.e. didn't have straggling edges, huge gaps, overlaps, etc.

The difference between rice and real is that rice doesn't care what it actually looks like, they're fine with the supposed "coolness" of having the part... (or thinking they can fool someone into believing it's "the part", as also the case with this OP)

You have such a hard-on for defending this guy, YOU send him some parts.. YOU help him build his car the right way.

I didn't start out calling him a fake, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but when comments were made, and OP was nowhere to be found, damn, that should say something to you.

I don't know what you think, but no one I've ever met that was actually in the kind of league to build their own car, do serious modification, really put some work, time, and money into their shit, is going to stand by and be idle while someone is talking about their work like it means nothing.

This OP has made it quite obvious that he's not even proud enough of his work to defend it. Usually means that it's not his work to begin with. He took parts, slapped them together, and called it a car. End Of Story.
How about we just agree to respect each other's opinion?Even though yours is so obviously wrong...

flashmatrix

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: Lexus GS300
QUOTE (OVNi_CIVIC @ Dec 2 2008, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, where'd the RPR love go?

...i guess we are getting an influx of H-T garbage...

Car looks good. I can tell you right now those aren't "spoon" wheels, they are rota. But im no Rota hater, hope you didnt get ripped off on price for them thinking they are what they arent. As far as part fitment, i'd work on that, and it would be supewr cherry! biggrin.gif nice!

QUOTE (flashmatrix @ Dec 1 2008, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For some strange reason those actually look like slips. SW388s actually look like they have a bbq flat black finish. Dont ask me how I know, I just do.

I completely agree.

"Your arms are too short to box with GOD."

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
Wow. poor guy. Chances are that he might never post in this forum again.

One of the best APPEALS to this forum is that, as I have come to see it, is that it is made up of a MATURE group of individuals. Mainly, because the younger boys are attracted to the newer, "shinier", models (mid 90's and up). Most of them don't know a THING about the 80's, in general. Thus, they would not even think about building a 3g Civic. That's why I LOVE this site. Not a bunch of teenage garbage on here.

However, the last 10 posts on here have reminded me up such immaturity. I'm sorry to say it, but the noob is calling you 2 or 3 out.

You STARTED off with some well-said, good advice...or "constructive criticism". IMO, it should have been left at that. From the pictures, he is obviously old enough to "read in-between the lines".

Give him a chance to voice his opinion to those responses. It may take a day or two.

Then, if he still didn't get it, you could have explained a little further, and really broke it down for him.

However, I don't think blasting the poor guy out before he even came back to see the original responses was the approach.

I know that I have really appreciated the comments that I have gotten from this site, even if they were all positive. More than likely, there have probably been plenty of people who have felt negative towards my build, or some of my decisions. However, they haven't voiced their concerns in a rude, demeaning, or insulting manner, and I appreciate that.

Just my thoughts....

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

1stgenfan

• Lando is my friend
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si (donor car), and 85 crx hf (project), 91 mitsubishi 3000gt
QUOTE (OG Wagon @ Dec 3 2008, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow. poor guy. Chances are that he might never post in this forum again.

One of the best APPEALS to this forum is that, as I have come to see it, is that it is made up of a MATURE group of individuals. Mainly, because the younger boys are attracted to the newer, "shinier", models (mid 90's and up). Most of them don't know a THING about the 80's, in general. Thus, they would not even think about building a 3g Civic. That's why I LOVE this site. Not a bunch of teenage garbage on here.

However, the last 10 posts on here have reminded me up such immaturity. I'm sorry to say it, but the noob is calling you 2 or 3 out.

You STARTED off with some well-said, good advice...or "constructive criticism". IMO, it should have been left at that. From the pictures, he is obviously old enough to "read in-between the lines".

Give him a chance to voice his opinion to those responses. It may take a day or two.

Then, if he still didn't get it, you could have explained a little further, and really broke it down for him.

However, I don't think blasting the poor guy out before he even came back to see the original responses was the approach.

I know that I have really appreciated the comments that I have gotten from this site, even if they were all positive. More than likely, there have probably been plenty of people who have felt negative towards my build, or some of my decisions. However, they haven't voiced their concerns in a rude, demeaning, or insulting manner, and I appreciate that.

Just my thoughts....

i agree with this, i visit a few different car sites, but redpepperracing is the mature based one where i dont have to worry about logging on only to have to read dissing and rude remarks. so the guys car isnt the best for various reasons. some of you put it nicely, some of you not so much. im not lecturing people on how to act, simply that i didnt really expect this on this site.

p.s.
not all youngin's are mid 90's up car fans lol. im twenty and have two mid 80's crxs, and looking at picking up a mid 80's corolla. mind you, there is not alot of us, but some of us are smart enough to realize how good the 80's were for imports laugh.gif

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Nov 4 2008, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have taken the $300 John Force drag racing Course . Now I know what the champions do thus making me, in sense, a champion.

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
QUOTE (1stgenfan @ Dec 3 2008, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i agree with this, i visit a few different car sites, but redpepperracing is the mature based one where i dont have to worry about logging on only to have to read dissing and rude remarks. so the guys car isnt the best for various reasons. some of you put it nicely, some of you not so much. im not lecturing people on how to act, simply that i didnt really expect this on this site.

p.s.
not all youngin's are mid 90's up car fans lol. im twenty and have two mid 80's crxs, and looking at picking up a mid 80's corolla. mind you, there is not alot of us, but some of us are smart enough to realize how good the 80's were for imports laugh.gif

Awesome, sorry to stereotype!

80's lover you are! I think that the your pic to the left over there, with the Mr. T/Chuck N. hybrid is enough to prove it! LOL!!

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Christ

• PipPip
<(--- only 23. tongue.gif

I mixed up the 80's, 90's, and 00's... I have a M:TG creature card with Chuck Norris on it.

1stgenfan

• Lando is my friend
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si (donor car), and 85 crx hf (project), 91 mitsubishi 3000gt
QUOTE (OG Wagon @ Dec 3 2008, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome, sorry to stereotype!

80's lover you are! I think that the your pic to the left over there, with the Mr. T/Chuck N. hybrid is enough to prove it! LOL!!

ha ha no worries man. i honestly dont see how anyone can hate on the eighties lol..

QUOTE (Christ @ Dec 3 2008, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a M:TG creature card with Chuck Norris on it.

i am honestly very jealous that you have such a rare and powerful card biggrin.gif

ha ha ha now this is the rpr iv come to admire and love so much
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Nov 4 2008, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have taken the $300 John Force drag racing Course . Now I know what the champions do thus making me, in sense, a champion.

specialTEG

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: integra 88 ls-se
unsure.gif

Christ

• PipPip
QUOTE (specialTEG @ Dec 4 2008, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unsure.gif

If you didn't LOL you instantly lose...

Punishment: you become