Dodge Srt-4

• You cannot reply to this topic
41 replies to this topic

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
So I was in training this week and a co-worker had just purchased a stock Dodge Neon SRT-4. I got a joyride in it shotgun style. Holy crap was it fast , accelerates like a rocket. I am certain Wilq's STi is faster, but I have yet to be given a ride in that beast. It's still a Neon on speed and will eventually break down, or fly apart, but damn it was fast! My CRX definetly needs the greddy kit now. Makes my CRX ZC feel like a Geo Metro. sad.gif Unless you got boost, don't play with these things.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

AudioCra-Z

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 07 Honda Fit
My gutted DX with a B18A1 (non VTEC) eats up SRT-4's. You don't need boost to win against them, just the right HP/Weight ratio. The only SRT-4 that ever won against me had alot of "upgraded" parts in it.
Above all else, my WIFE I f33r the most!
Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF;

user posted image
RIP 86 CRX DX B16A

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
yes, srt-4s are fast. a buddy of mine zack has one with a huge ass turbo and manifold and big fmic and a bunch of b/s done hes pullin somewhere in the mid 400 hp range. that thing is ungoldy fast, i think hes pushin 30 psi.

Sean

lemons

• Carbs are better (lol, not really; but they sound cool)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
SRT-4's are poopie...

they are on the same page as a chevy cobalt in my eyes.

I have a die hard honda allegence. VIVA LA CRX
I have nothing...

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (AudioCra-Z @ Jul 1 2005, 07:35 PM)
My gutted DX with a B18A1 (non VTEC) eats up SRT-4's. You don't need boost to win against them, just the right HP/Weight ratio. The only SRT-4 that ever won against me had alot of "upgraded" parts in it.

yeah, same here, i kill them with full interior and 175-75-13 tires. a little more specifically, i beat them from a 40 mph roll and give them the jump (as soon as they go for it is when i go for it). i'll be the first to tell you that i cant touch one out of the hole with the current suspension and tire setup but even then they get a run for thier money.

quick car?...............................................yes
look good?..............................................kinda ricy if you ask me
will it take the abuse my honda's do?........doubt it
will it last long?........................................time will tell (once again, i doubt it)

Edited by crxls, 01 July 2005 - 07:58 PM.

When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

hoopty dx

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic, 92 civic, 06 taco
    • Image Gallery
my brothers friend has neon without turbo though and burns oil at 40k

add the turbo and that doenst sound liek its gonna last lol
QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Jun 22 2004, 06:08 PM)
They got that engine out withtheir mighty facial hair cant you see

Team BUrnOUt Member # 3

Cäz™

• I love Wal*Mart
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 93 Civic Lx sedan
but when you think about it...those SRT-4's were made to be quick.

Civics/crx's were made to be more economical and last you for years upon years...and thats with abuse.

Im glad they made the SRT-4 though...those regular neons are just piles of crap. I should get a picture of the one we have out on the lot! woo...i'll tell ya whut.
smile.gif

I like fried rice

Facebook me!
http://www.myspace.com/xcazx "...but like i said, i am not desparate...seriously. just bored..."

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
those things are a dime a dozen and are soo disposable. in about a year maybe 2, there is going to be a very big market for rebuilds
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
Actually, i see alot of the old dodge turbo motors that lasted a long time. But they werent running quite as hot as the SRT-4 is, then again the technology has gone a bit farther since then. My guess is that the SRT wont have any problems running past 100k just as long as you perform regular maintenance.

86 crx

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
he doesnt think as everyone else here does, off with his head!!!
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
well i hope that noone on here was talking about street racing an srt4, because street racing is bad, smile.gif i think the srt4 should last. its derived from the 2.2 turbo engine that they used in the 80's. as long as they fixed the headgasket problem it should be alright. and since the srt4 was designed to go fast it should. im not saying its going to see 300k, but what turbo motor does when its used like it should be? (wot all the time, lol)

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
i think the srt4 should last. its derived from the 2.2 turbo engine that they used in the 80's. as long as they fixed the headgasket problem it should be alright.
Well, I suppose you could say that Dodge's experience with the 2.2/2.5L turbo motors played a role in the development of the turbo 2.4L. But saying a DOHC 2.4L engine is "derived" from a non-crossflow headed SOHC motor makes it sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Here's a Hot Rod article where they go over some of the details of the turbo 2.4L: http://hotrod.com/te...e/113_0309_srt/

I have some doubts about anyone with an NA D-series or LS engine in a 1G staying ahead of one in a straight line- they're kind of heavy by modern standards (29xx), but with 220whp stock, they're capable of high 13's at around 97mph- which looking at the "RPR's All Time Quickest" thread, not many people on this site are matching.
those things are a dime a dozen and are soo disposable. in about a year maybe 2, there is going to be a very big market for rebuilds
Got any facts to back that up, or was that statement entirely conjecture and your personal bias?

IMO, it makes more power than you can really use well in a narrow-tired FWD car...but for a new, quick car in the low $20k range, it's about the best thing out there. Personally, I'd rather spend the money on a Saabaru 9-2X with an uppipe & turboback, some sort of tune, and STi takeoff springs/struts, but that's not too warranty-friendly, in addition to adding up to a couple thousand more than the SRT.

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i was thinking of the dohc version that used heads designed by lotus, but i guess derived is a bad word. how about experience. they have had experience with turbo 4 cylinder cars. hopefully they learned from their mistakes

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

Crx1984B18B

I find amusing to intend to praise the SRT4! It should not be forgotten that that is and remained Neon SX to modify but a product of quality doubtful of dodge! In this moment all is well but in 1 years? 2 years? their fabulous 2.4 dohc did survive of abuse? They think of leading cars invicible !Maybe you do not make a élusion it will never have Japanese reliability! HONDA Writes on the heart! biggrin.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif
If you want some.....

COME GET"S SOMEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX. Upgrades (so far) Illuminas on all four corners, new rims & tires & Eldo's carb mod. Needs some rust repair. 1993 Civic Si as a daily driver that I have sworn to keep stock (so $$ can go to the CRX).
I have a die hard honda allegence. VIVA LA CRX

Amen!

(Though I would still like a few other cars *in addition* to a few CRXes... The STI is very close to the top of that list, as it the *coughFordcough* GT40...)