Turbo D16a1 Crx Update With Pics

• You cannot reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic

jdmcraig

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84 crx

okay guys i got the turbo mounted... used a hf manifold and custom flanges... and welded it... i need to make intercooler piping and install my mf2 fuel system... and im pretty much done... i got my oil pan tapped and installed my coolant temp, oil pressure, and boost gauge... i have to install my egt gauge and im done... with the gauges... i changed my oil pan gasket... installed a geo metro radiator... soon i should make my intercooler piping and install my mf2 and im done...

Edited by jdmcraig, 13 November 2004 - 07:49 PM.

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
nice work man... it looks like your intake goes thru the wheel well? or am i just at the wrong angle? any pics of that?

looks awesome.. i like the blue.. usually it would be considered rice, but since alot of other things are matching the blue , i like it

Edited by bigk3000, 13 November 2004 - 07:36 PM.

EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

87MugenProCR-X

• Just Drive...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 Honda CRX, 94 Honda Civic 4dr, 95 Volvo 850 Turbo Wgn, 91 Mazda Miata
Looks like the pipe just ends there but i can see what your saying. Nice work what size turbo are you using?

Julian

boosted_zc

• In need of anger management
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 90 Civic Si, 91 Turbo ZC Civic Hatch,95 4X4 Sonoma
An odd way to mount a turbo, but hey if it works it works
If it has an engine....i will tear it apart.

90 Civic Si
87 CRX DX !!SOLD!!
91 Civic Hatch w/ turbo ZC
95 Sonoma 4X4
02 CRV (the wifey's)

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
any moderators wanna fix this double thread
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

jdmcraig

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
welll how did everyone else mount there turbo in the engine bay my turbo wouldnt fit any other way... any pics? i figure it will get good air supply?

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (jdmcraig @ Nov 15 2004, 03:19 AM)
welll how did everyone else mount there turbo in the engine bay my turbo wouldnt fit any other way... any pics? i figure it will get good air supply?

Rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise from what you have is pretty standard. Where are your charge pipes going to run, under the car?
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

jdmcraig

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

ok my cars done... heres pic

pwr_crx

it looks like your compressor is piped directly to the rad in that picture:P

i still dont see how you are going to run the charge pipes with the turbo mounted that way, it looks like the compressor is aiming towards the ground in that last picture.
Bryan....
user posted image

87 Si Dohc - T

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
You put the intercooler behind the radiator?

Also, I'm not entirely convinced a single-core half width radiator will have enough cooling capacity for much time under boost....

jdmcraig

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
theres no away to fit the turbo nor the intercooler or anything else any other way that that... its too tite... i couldnt do anything else... how would you guys have done this? the stock d16a radiator wouldnt fit... cause of the turbo... no matter how i put the turbo in there it wouldnt fit... then the compressor outlet was hard to conect up any way... and the downpipe was in the way of the mounting of the turbo... so it had to be mounted that way... i also installed my MF2 system with its extra 2 injectors before the throttle body... and i made the turbo manifold adapert plate... the radiator is from a geo metro cause it was the only one with the input and outlet in the right spot to make it fit...

i was also wondering if anyone know how close our gears are in a d16a1 tranny is a civic ex shorter gears?

85SiHybrid

Here is what mine looks like before the radiator install

Full size Si radiator with the bottom moved forward about an inch

The turbo has never touched the radiator (going on 3 years turbo'd now and running 12 psi.)

Cj
user posted image

jdmcraig

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
heres pics of my 2 secondary injectors...

Edited by jdmcraig, 03 January 2005 - 12:12 AM.

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
was also wondering if anyone know how close our gears are in a d16a1 tranny is a civic ex shorter gears?
It doesn't really matter, because a Civic EX tranny won't bolt to the D16A1 engine, won't work with your axles, and the mounts won't line up with the car.

C8V6C

I love the neon green zip ties, lol

Good luck to ya

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg