Drifting?!?!?

• You cannot reply to this topic
44 replies to this topic

Rollin

• Desert.
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 88 Wagon "Fiona", 85 1500DX "The Tick", 90 HB (Rip), 86 Wagon 4x4 (Rip)
Just out of curiousity, has anyone tried drifting or can it even be done in a 1g/3g? And how would you make a suspension set-up for that? (Purely curiosity).

cool.gif
Andrew
- Just Rollin, bruised and rebuilt but Rollin.
- "Insanity is defined as doing the same old thing the same old way and expecting different results." Albert Einstein
- --> Under Construction <-- [Always]

CSPCRX

Do it all the time at the track. Easy to do if you have a car with some suspension tuning ability. Dont try it on the street. youll just be another statistic.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

1g Supremacy

Technically, from what I've read, true drifting can only be done by a RWD or an AWD car. Drifting is a controlled wheelspin..which means the wheels have to be pushing, and on a FWD, they're pulling.

But hell. You can powerslide all you want. biggrin.gif

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
QUOTE (1g Supremacy @ Jun 16 2004, 02:27 PM)
Technically, from what I've read, true drifting can only be done by a RWD or an AWD car.  Drifting is a controlled wheelspin..which means the wheels have to be pushing, and on a FWD, they're pulling.

But hell. You can powerslide all you want.  biggrin.gif

powesliding is going through one turn sliding. drifting is multiple tuns sliding (with out regaining traction)

Drifting in a 1g is enormoously hard... i am pretty sure it cant be be done on a road.. but on dirt the car is rear happy at 45mph

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
Getting the car to rotate is easy, like CSPCRX said. Getting big, long slides and the accompanying tire smoke is better left to RWD cars.

pwr_crx

FF pwn3z y0u f00
Bryan....
user posted image

87 Si Dohc - T

Simple87Si

the technique used to drift FF cars is called left foot braking.. ph34r.gif
user posted image

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
QUOTE (pwr_crx @ Jun 16 2004, 04:20 PM)

FF pwn3z y0u f00

blink.gif what???? blink.gif

1g Supremacy

FF (Front-engine, front wheel drive) owns you.

3y3 5p34k l337.

Edited by 1g Supremacy, 16 June 2004 - 04:54 PM.

Airjockie

• I LIKE RED (spray-paint)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor

ph34r.gif
87 CRX SI, Wide body, and still not running...RB25DET?!?!?!
74 260Z....going to get rebuilt soon....
07 Subaru outback...Daily Driver...

Airjockie

• I LIKE RED (spray-paint)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
There was a vid up somewhere with my rex drifting....hehe...drifting better than a S2000...I can't find it now, but its around.....

And no...I don't use E-brake or any other tricks...just a big wide feint with a lot of entry spreed...and then hit the boost...going wide...and the car will swing around when you tighten the wheel to grip the corner....and bald tires on the rear helps wink.gif
87 CRX SI, Wide body, and still not running...RB25DET?!?!?!
74 260Z....going to get rebuilt soon....
07 Subaru outback...Daily Driver...

Vildalix

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx Si
being a RWD enthusist now, and owning a 240sx i will tell you that drifting is something only a RWD can do, i used to think it could be done with a FF also, but the feeling is diffrent in a RWD, the slide is more controlled.

Drifting isnt through more than one turn it can be done with a single turn, a drift is started before you even enter the turn, oversteer-countersteer in the direction you want to go- throttle control- more counter steer- come out of it, now to drift all of those must be put together at one time, and i dont know about you guys but oversteer is best left to RWD in my opnion.

nivek2002

I am going to a Texas Drift event saturday, ill bring back many pics biggrin.gif

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
<----------------- ph34r.gif

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

DarKGifT06

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: honda civic 1986 1.3
drifting on dirt is super fun i do it quite often. its exactly like u said oversteer and then counter prity simple as long as the rear is light, bald tires, or just tuned right. or all of the above biggrin.gif but on dirt its prity simple makes me feel ph34r.gif