B18a1

• You cannot reply to this topic
47 replies to this topic

ibcnya

• HNFTuning
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: his girlfriend crazy
Ok he wants to make it obd-1 then I cant help you with that. i know there is a distributor that works and has all the sensors inside it. This will allow him to take the cylinder position sensor off the exhaust cam and plug it with a B18a/b cam seal. As far as what model to use I dont know off hand.

Christ

• Parting out my '86 Si. Need anything?
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1989 Civic DX 4-Door - dead, parting out.
QUOTE (ibcnya @ Dec 15 2008, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok he wants to make it obd-1 then I cant help you with that. i know there is a distributor that works and has all the sensors inside it. This will allow him to take the cylinder position sensor off the exhaust cam and plug it with a B18a/b cam seal. As far as what model to use I dont know off hand.

yeah, thanks anyway, we'll figure it out eventually.

It's not a matter of whether we can make it work, it's just how long it will take to find the correct parts.
How about we just agree to respect each other's opinion?Even though yours is so obviously wrong...
Click here to see how I basically gave my car away to another RPR member!

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
ELD made simple. ELD does one thing, that is tell the computer how many amps the car is using for things like lights, wiper blower motor and such. The ECU uses that electrical load data to predict the impact it will have on the engine idle and adjust before the idle goes up or down to much from a change in the load. It is more of an emissions feature on a manual tranny car in that by preventing the ECU from having to play catch up on an already stumbling engine that is not going to run that clean while stumbling. On an auto it may serve a little more function in preventing a stall, can't remember if any over-seas autos were equipped with it.

Is it worth installing, I think so.

ibcnya

• HNFTuning
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (Screech @ Dec 15 2008, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it worth installing, I think so.

Once you hunt down how to wire the damn thing up. I still cant figure out if I have to run 12v source to it, ground it then run the R/G wire to B19. I keep finding mixed answers on how to do it. Guess ill try both ways ive found.

Christ

• Parting out my '86 Si. Need anything?
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1989 Civic DX 4-Door - dead, parting out.
QUOTE (ibcnya @ Dec 15 2008, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once you hunt down how to wire the damn thing up. I still cant figure out if I have to run 12v source to it, ground it then run the R/G wire to B19. I keep finding mixed answers on how to do it. Guess ill try both ways ive found.

You might check the wiring schematic for the integra that you took the harness from? It should *maybe* show it.
How about we just agree to respect each other's opinion?Even though yours is so obviously wrong...
Click here to see how I basically gave my car away to another RPR member!

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (ibcnya @ Dec 15 2008, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If my info on the 88 Integra is similar to what you need there are 3 wires (BK/Y, G/R and ground guessing it is black). BL/Y is from the ignition switch's IG1 through fuse No 4 (15A). G/R goes to ECU B19. And of course ground goes to ground

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2009 AUDI TT 3.2L, Project Teg powered Austin Mini Van
    • Image Gallery
ELD fix is relatively simple. Take the three wires and hook them up with a couple of resisters in a Y shape. It fools the ECU that 5V is continuous and everything is good. As I recall it is 1 to switched power/3.3k ohm, 1 to ground/1 k ohm and bottom wire to ECU proper pin. JS

If you want one of these Logos send me a PM

aan.jpg

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

ibcnya

• HNFTuning
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (Christ @ Dec 15 2008, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You might check the wiring schematic for the integra that you took the harness from? It should *maybe* show it.

I thought about this last night after posting this, why cant I look and see how its wired into the integra harness. it should be self explanitory.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (ibcnya @ Dec 16 2008, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought about this last night after posting this, why cant I look and see how its wired into the integra harness. it should be self explanitory.

Well, looking at my 87 Integra Manual it is not there (or I can't find it), looking in the 88 it is.

ibcnya

• HNFTuning
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (Screech @ Dec 16 2008, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, looking at my 87 Integra Manual it is not there (or I can't find it), looking in the 88 it is.

Yeah i noticed that as well, the 86-87 didnt have a IACV though, only the FITV.

88-89 ecu pinout locations

Notice how A17 doesnt say anything about the IACV on the 89 diagram but in the WIKI service manual its clearly shows the wires running back to A11 and A17.

Edited by ibcnya, 16 December 2008 - 11:40 AM.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (ibcnya @ Dec 16 2008, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah i noticed that as well, the 86-87 didnt have a IACV though, only the FITV.

88-89 ecu pinout locations
[IMAGE REMOVED]

Notice how A17 doesnt say anything about the IACV on the 89 diagram but in the WIKI service manual its clearly shows the wires running back to A11 and A17.

Looking in my 88 I see the A17 connection. It is 12V+ from the ignition switch's IG1 though fuse 2 (just found that elsewhere in the same data source it shows it going through fuse 4, the the exact fuse mentioned by be wrong) to A17 and the IACV unit (EACV, resonator control solenoid valve, idle up solenoid valve). Regardless of the fuse it should be the same Bl/Y as going to the main relay.

Also, just notice that is Wiki is for a JDM ECU, I don't think they used the ELD there.

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Here is a little better representation of the 88-89 PGMFI system match-ups to the 87 CRX with colour codes. The 88-89 has an EACV that has two wires that go to A11/A17. The 86-87 has both a FITV and an IACV. The 87 is wired a bit differently. One wire from the EICV goes to A11 and the power comes directly from the main relay. Just a little different set up but works the same. A17 on the 86-87 is the hazard fuse. JS

aan.jpg

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (strudel @ Dec 16 2008, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 88-89 has an EACV that has two wires that go to A11/A17.

The A17 side (Bl/Y) also goes to IG1 though fuse 2 or 4 (which ever leads to the Bl/Y wire that also goes to the main relay (5)). Without also connecting the A17 (Bl/Y) side wire to IG1 there is no power to activate the EACV.

Following is from this wiki page. I could not explain what I see better.
Once you have everything unwrapped, you can start adding connectors where they need to go, Add the IACV connector and wiring to the bundle of wires that lead to the Oil Pressure Sensor and Alternator, you might have to hang the harness on the block to get the right amount of length, put a wrap of tape around where the IACV wires will enter the harness, leave the wires hanging you can extend them later to the Main Engine connector. To get power for the IACV run the black/yellow wire over to the yellow/black wire that powers the injectors, it comes out of the small 6 wire plug on the driver side strut tower and goes into the resistor box plug, just cut the insulation back on the yellow/black and add the black/yellow wire to it, solder it in place then heat shrink and tape everything back up.

ibcnya

• HNFTuning
  • PipPipPipPipPip
As far as the ELD wiring goes, I pulled the ELD with its 3 wire harness from the main cabin harness. Now its been simplified to me. Seeing is believing....Removing the eld from the fuse box was tricky until I noticed the tabs that held the top part in, once thats outta the way it comes rite out. Traced the wires from the ELD plug back through the harness and pulled it out. I did have to cut the Bl/y wire since it ties into many others but it shouldnt pose a problem to hook up.

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Screech @ Dec 16 2008, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The A17 side (Bl/Y) also goes to IG1 though fuse 2 or 4 (which ever leads to the Bl/Y wire that also goes to the main relay (5)). Without also connecting the A17 (Bl/Y) side wire to IG1 there is no power to activate the EACV.

You are quite correct in your remarks. It would be one of the first items that has to be added in the harness. As other components connect to this wire (A17). Perhaps this hasn't been made totally clear in many comments as it may be perceived as having been done already. I will be more diligent in that interpretation in the future.

In my car the EACV is routed differently but does tag into the Bl/Y wire at the front left of the CRX in one of the old black box wires which leads to the Main Relay. which eventually leads to A17. JS

aan.jpg