Jdm Factory Power Window Write-up

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

evilGearhead

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 crx si
I just received my set of JDM factory option crx power window units with hardware today, from new zealand, $260 shipped. From the same seller that sent me my digi-dash and dohc-pgmfi steering wheel as well, I believe that these window modules are even more rare than the digi-dash, as I constantly comb ebay and other sources for htf jdm goodies, and this is only the second set I have ever seen. I got black ones. biggrin.gif

Heres what I got:

The problem is that the unit that controls both windows and the pass. window power mounts on the pass. side of a USDM car, leaving the driver with only one switch.

Not for long.

Here is what is underneath the plastic covers, very simple, just switches and motors, the switches are all the same, as well as the motors themselves, the motor on one side is mounted upside down. You can also see that the passenger side has a provision to mount the second window switch. how convenient.

now remove all the screws that hold the motors and switches in, so we can swap housings:

you will need to desolder the power switch and simply bridge the connection that it use d to make, as it cant be moved to the other housing, no big deal, the switch only serves to cut off or enable the pass. side window.

now simply swap the guts, youll have to tweak the wires around some, and flip the switches and motors over, easy stuff.

now the plastic covers have to be modified as well, because now theres two switches where there were one, and one where there was two.

easy as pie, looking at the bottom, you can the that the switch covers are just glued in, and theres already two slots for switches in each side.

go borrow the better half's hairdryer and heat up the glue until the switch covers come off, and swap 'em. didnt even need new glue , as it was still plenty tacky.

and now you are all swapped up. control of both windows is now on the usdm drivers side. the only downside is that the now inert pass. power switch is still on the pass. side, but its really no big deal at all.

The wiring is super easy, it will route just as intended, especially now that you have the switches on the correct sides, theres only three wires that tie into the cars harness.

the little black wire is the only ground, so mount it well, the pair of large white wires are the positive feed, they are actually the same wire with both male and female plugs, meant to tie into an existing connector that usdm's dont have. and the yellow/green wire is switched battery feed, its branched just like the white wire.

And thats about it, only took me about an hour to do. ill put them in the project car once I start doing the interior work, hope this helps somebody.

BTW, I am the King of JDM tongue.gif

Edited by evilGearhead, 28 November 2006 - 04:56 PM.

My how-to's
JDM digital dash
JDM power windows

My project needs your help
Parts wanted

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
so you mount these to the door pannels, and have the big black box stuck to the doorpannel?
Posted Image

evilGearhead

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
correct. Honda did things the easy way back then.
You hardly notice them, less than two inches thick, and they fit between the door speakers and armrest. the whole setup weighs less than five pounds.

My how-to's
JDM digital dash
JDM power windows

Parts wanted

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i guess get a pic of them on the car installed and illl make up my mind, but right now i can imagian it looks horrible.
Posted Image

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
That is awesome info. Now, I need to get a set of those to get the last "luxury" on my car, aside from the A/C I'm never getting.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
why couldnt you just put the drivers side on the passenger side and vice versa?

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

evilGearhead

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
because it would put them really far forward, and over the speaker covers.

My how-to's
JDM digital dash
JDM power windows

Parts wanted

1stGENcrxLOVER

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: white 2004 civic ex 2dr. black 2008 odyssey touring. blue 2007 ford f150 xl
i got a set and thay fit like a glove.

fritt

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 02 rsx type S . 91 civic
thoes are cool i want to get thoes now tongue.gif

lil buddy

• obsessive compulsive...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 civic si Resto Rod,85 civic DX,84 CRX 1500 DX, 79 XL 75,69 Z50 mini trail, 03 Pilot and my 2013 ride on
biggrin.gif sorry ment to pm

Edited by lil buddy, 10 December 2006 - 07:43 AM.