1g/3g Brake Conversions

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

blacksheep

• bah bah blacksheep
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 04 S&M Black Bike, 03 Redline Proline Pro Big Block, 93 Auburn CR20RX, 84 Honda Civic 1500S
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
a 90 Acura Integra just fell into my lap!! it's heavy too!!

has a b18 blacktop, 4 wheel disc brakes...independent rear suspension...

will the disc brakes fit a 1gCRX/3gCivic???!!!

I will make pics available shortly...putting battery in to see if she will start...

Edited by blacksheep, 04 August 2005 - 12:59 PM.

bah bah blacksheep, do you have any wool? NO!

just build it
blacksheep gallery

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
dude, your thinking all wrong. screw the brakes. put that engine and trans to good use.

i dont think that you can use those brakes from the 90 teg but its only as hard as seeing if they bolt up or not. if they bolt up then your good, if not then your outta luck.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

blacksheep

• bah bah blacksheep
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 04 S&M Black Bike, 03 Redline Proline Pro Big Block, 93 Auburn CR20RX, 84 Honda Civic 1500S
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (crxls @ Aug 4 2005, 01:59 PM)
dude, your thinking all wrong. screw the brakes. put that engine and trans to good use.

i dont think that you can use those brakes from the 90 teg but its only as hard as seeing if they bolt up or not. if they bolt up then your good, if not then your outta luck.

engine and trans are up for sale...engine runs...best use for me as $$!!

I'm keeping the EW1 in my 3g, adding dual webers and an Si head...I want as little electronics on my motor as possible...

the brake conversion is not a big deal to me...was curious though...since I got this teg for nothing...
bah bah blacksheep, do you have any wool? NO!

just build it
blacksheep gallery

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
Last I compared the brakes(not scientific in any way) the breaks looked very different. but hell, figure something out for us!!
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The fronts might fit, the rears, not likely.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2009 AUDI TT 3.2L, Project Teg powered Austin Mini Van
    • Image Gallery
Take all the brake stuff from an 86-89 Integra. Calipers, rear bolts as the size is different, rotors, biasing valve, MC. Do not take the booster as it won't fit. If you want the Teg MC to fit into your CRX you need to source a booster out of a 90 Civic. It has the following number on the little plate on the top NM205V-3 (green plate). It uses the same bore as the Teg. The Civic had NM205V-1 on it.

Here is the interesting part. As I did the comparison at the junkyard and not on my CRX I used an 87 Civic booster for comparison as I assume it is the same as the CRX. It had a rectangular spacer on it. You need to put that on the 90 Civic booster and the spacing is perfect for the 87 Civic. Again I stress, it works on an 87 Civic. I have uet to take the CRX booster apart but the service manual has said plate although it only shows in the picture and no mention made anywhere about it.

Good luck with the swap. JS

If you want one of these Logos send me a PM

aan.jpg

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
Sell the rear trailing arms, complete with the brake stuff (hoses & ebrake cables included), to someone with an 88-00 Civic. They're more or less useless to a 1G CRX owner, but there's a slight track increase with the DA trailing arms that makes them good for the later cars.

The front brakes won't bolt on. They also don't fit under any 13" or some 14" wheels (stock 86-7 CRX Si wheels won't fit), and you'll need an adapter of some sort to mount the calipers. I've heard that Fastbrakes makes a bracket to mount the 10.2" caliper on a 9.5 or 8.9" hub (like you'll find on a 1G), but it's not on their web site.

The independent rear suspension definitely won't work. It requires a whole bunch of mounting points that you won't find on a 1G chassis- there are 4 various arms & links connecting the trailing arm to the body.