Need Opinion On Master Cylindar And Booster

• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
QUOTE (Disco Stu @ Jul 25 2005, 08:43 PM)
Fenco master cylinder part numero 52039 you can get it at your local AutoZone. Just double check.... my stock CRX one might be floating around wink.gif

laugh.gif
Some '90-91 Civic EX owner is going to be wondering why his brakes are so soft thanks to me.

Add me to the list for taking 1hr+ to grind a Prelude MC to fit a CRX booster. There's a lot of material to be taken off, and I was using a low-speed bench grinder sad.gif. It looks like there's some variability in parts-store information about the Prelude MC's, since at least Checker/Shuck's/Kragen listed the same part for all the Preludes along with 86-9 Integras when I checked.

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Vandemar @ Jul 26 2005, 04:07 AM)
QUOTE (Disco Stu @ Jul 25 2005, 08:43 PM)
Fenco master cylinder part numero 52039 you can get it at your local AutoZone. Just double check.... my stock CRX one might be floating around wink.gif

laugh.gif
Some '90-91 Civic EX owner is going to be wondering why his brakes are so soft thanks to me.

Add me to the list for taking 1hr+ to grind a Prelude MC to fit a CRX booster. There's a lot of material to be taken off, and I was using a low-speed bench grinder sad.gif. It looks like there's some variability in parts-store information about the Prelude MC's, since at least Checker/Shuck's/Kragen listed the same part for all the Preludes along with 86-9 Integras when I checked.

actually the first mc i got was an 86 integra. it was 7/8. then i remembered the write up in the faq about the lude mc, and took the teg mc back.

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

boostinginvegas

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 crx SI..89 crx si b16 turbo...91 firebird formula...93 toyota 4 runner
ok its official here is what works from autozone.......87 prelude 1.8 liter carbed m/c bolts straight in........thanks for everones help once again......ps using stock booster works great

DougY

FYI
From experience, be careful when using the 88-91 Civic/CRX booster with the 15/16 Prelude M/C. The M/C bolts right to the booster and the booster bolts right to the firewall but there is one thing to look out for.

Even the 88-91 Civic/CRX booster is a tight fit. So tight in fact that on my car, the booster case split and leaked vacuum.

Let me explain. The booster is manufactures as 2 stamping that represent the front and back halves which are then crimped togther. On my car (3G Civic), when I went to install the new assembly, I notice that the booster was contacting the fire in a couple of spots very slightly. I bolted it down and didn't think anything about it. Well one day I lost vacuum in the booster.

The cause: The slight contact of the booster on the firewall distorted the booster enough to cause it to leak between the case halves. Nope, couldn't straighten out the booster.

The cure: Make a 1/8" thick spacer to put between the booster and the firewall to eliminate the contact. Yes, you will have to adjust a push rod slightly.