Junkyard Finds

• You cannot reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic

JDN14

Yesterday i went to a salvage yard in columbus with rachel (aka pocketrocket). We were looking for a passenger door window for the 4g civic she drives (i also was hoping to find a few pieces for my rexes). Of all the strange things they have a total of 2 4g sedans and 1 2g CRX, no hatches whatsoever. On the other hand, the had 4 1g CRX's, all of them 86-87, one of them an si the other 3 dx/hf's. Now on to the goodies i managed to obtain:

A front bumper cover and lip in nearly PERFECT shape (one small scratch) for $20

A new clock for my 85 for $3

A headlight bezel thing for my 85 for $5

A driver's side floormat (pass. side was ripped) fitted to the 1g crx with the 1g CRX lettering on it for 99 cents, i thought that one was really cool.

Also got a new wiring harness for the stereo in my 86 so can actually listen to music soon!

None of them had good header panels or the bumper support i need but there are other yards in the area. They also had several good fenders, front lips, and bumper covers which im sure i can obtain if anyone is really interested.

enjoy,

Jacques
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

fhrcng

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 Civic S Solo 2 car-owned since new-42000 miles , 05 Dodge Magnum R/T (And yes it had a HEMI!) with Superchips Flashpaq, CAI, Exhaust, Bilsteins)
    Garage View Garage
You must have been to U-Wrench it. That sounds like the inventory they had last weekend. You did not happen to see any 3g base model Civics in your travels did you? I am still looking for a rear seat from a base model for my CSP car.

Thanks,

mikey
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too
dark to read. -Groucho Marx

agreziv86E-AS

Did they have any white 86-87 crx si's there............im lookin for the two bottom sideskirts (rocker mouldings).........
"Been there, done that"

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
A driver's side floormat (pass. side was ripped) fitted to the 1g crx with the 1g CRX lettering on it for 99 cents, i thought that one was really cool.

Nice score! I used to have the stock floormats in my first crx (black '85 Si) but like a dumb-ass I didn't realize how rare they were and I wore a hole in them, D'OH!

bryman<---Jealous of Jacques floormat acquisition...
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

JDN14

fhrcng, i actually did see a few 3g's (3 i believe). One of them was an si and the other two weren't, i didn't look that closely at them as i was too busy being thrilled about the 1g's. And yes it was U-Wrench-it. I still can't get over how cheap it was, when they told me $35 for all of it i had a stunned expression on my face, id expected to pay $70+. (and will you be at the WOR/OVR challenge on the 9th? I wont be driving my CRX but i'll be there for sure)

agreziv, they had one 87 Si, however i noticed the drivers' side sideskirt was obliterated, the pass. side MAY have been OK but im not completely sure. It was also red.

Edited by JDN169, 29 April 2004 - 12:13 PM.

fhrcng

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 Civic S Solo 2 car-owned since new-42000 miles , 05 Dodge Magnum R/T (And yes it had a HEMI!) with Superchips Flashpaq, CAI, Exhaust, Bilsteins)
    Garage View Garage
JDN169: I might be at the challenge if I get everything back together in time. More than likely I will be at the OVR event on the 23rd. What lot do they use at Wright State? I might have some aerial photos of the site.

BTW: The 3g Civics they had were the DX models with the pulley operated seatbacks and sliding lower seat tracks. They are too heavy and they are the same as the 1500s rear seat. Have you noticed how Chevy is making a big deal about the sliding rear seat in the Malibu but the Civics had it 20 years ago. Big deal Chevy!!!!!

See you.

ImprtRcr02

• You Dare Mess With A Saiyajin??
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 04' Srt-4, working on the crx beast
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Yeah man i want a stock one-piece Rex Si lip to go on my car. See my sig pic. You think they have one? Thanks

ImprtRcr02

pocketrocket

• ho-ho-dilly or chacha?
  • PipPip
    • Drives: candy van
balls.... i hate junckyarding with jack, i think he scares off all of the 2/4th gens.. dry.gif
go ahead, touch it..

timing belt, $40, pully thing $11, callin jack in the middle of the night to tell him his car was next, Priceless.

oldschoolsi

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si
I wouldnt mind gettin a SI front lip. I think mine was ripped off by the non driving previous owner. He trashed this poor little car sad.gif

buymysoul

• Still for sale
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 93 Integra LSS, 87 CRX Si
I'd heard that was a good yard. I think that might be the same one that has "half off days" maybe you got lucky and made it on one of those.

Did you notice any 86-87 integras in the yard? I'll soon be in the market for a D16A1 ect.
-Robin

fhrcng

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
U Wrench it had 2 86-89 Integras last weekend. The motors looked like they were intact.

buymysoul

• Still for sale
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 93 Integra LSS, 87 CRX Si
Hmm, interesting.... thanks for the info, I'll give them a call after I get this rex.
-Robin

kenny86si

• Phoenix CRX
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI(sold)- 91 Mustang 5.0 LX
    • Image Gallery
Sometimes junkyards are fun. I managed to get a door plastic (lower half) and molding clips; a side mirror; doorpanel junk; and the rear window light small clock in dash all for under 20 in Phoenix. I thought for sure it would cost 40 +. That was a good day.
kenny

t25_civic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Turbocharged 1997 Civic CX HB, and currently rebuilding an '85 crx
Damn, I need to get out to that junkyard. I need a front and rear bumper. The piece between the tail lights and passenger mirror.

Nick

JDN14

fhrcng, if you really need that seat, Xenia iron and metal in Xenia has TONS..and i mean TONS of 3g civics, they also have AT LEAST 10 1g CRX's, i only saw one 1g si though. All of the front lips ive seens so far are 3 piece.

I forget the lot number but it's the one closest to meijers (it's the farthest western lot) it's a HUGE lot. It looks like ill be driving a 92 civic dx at this weekends event as my crx is in about 4000 pieces at the moment. Im gonna try to make a few OVR meets when it's back together. Have you seen autocrossforum.com, they have their own OVR section that i find kinda neat.

oh, and i got my bumper support for $10 (honda only wanted $53 but im beyond broke)

Edited by JDN169, 03 May 2004 - 11:15 AM.