Poll: Are You Looking For Parts?

• You cannot reply to this topic
87 replies to this topic

Poll: Which would you like somebody to produce?

Which would you like somebody to produce?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Masta

Please make your choices. If there is something not on the list, please say what you would like to see made. I am getting antsy up here in Northern Ontario at the in-laws, and can't help but think with the promise of our cars becoming vintage legal in the coming years, that there will be a demand for some race parts that were around back in the day. Tom and I have the skills, and resourecs to build pretty much anything you could ask for. Obviously the key factors are price and quality. It is hard to get both, but we proved it can be done with our introductory offering of adjustable panhard bars. If you really don't think you'll buy parts from us for your car, please say so, we don't want to start making parts and nobody buys them. I know you guys have been down this road with us before, but our ability to do more advanced fabrication, and the desire to go road racing with my CRX is once again tempting me. I'd also like to get into building the engines for these cars, and doing some nice tubular suspension pieces down the road. Please be honest with me. Tell us what you want!(if anything) Is there a market?

D.
Civic Nation. Represent.

DarkHand

I voted short shifter, but I'd also love an all in one brake upgrade. I'd buy both. smile.gif

I'd also like a Si wing and the wind deflector that goes on top/in front of the sunroof, and they're somewhat hard to find... smile.gif
DarkHand

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
I saw a 1st Gen with a intregal camber/caster/strut brace at CRXPO in Monterey, CA a fee years ago. It was beautiful! I have aset of OPM camber plates and a Greddy front strut brace, so I am not "missing" anything.... but that conbination unit was sweet!.

If you and Tom were looking for a product to market to the D15A3 community I would suggest a larger throttlebody with a modified intake plenum. The restrictive induction side of that engine is the only thing holding it back from real power. Plus it could be combined with a turbo kit for insane power.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

Masta

Maybe a B-series TB mated to a modified stock Intake manifold with a custom plenum? That's a good idea, but how many people would buy it? As far as getting rare factory Honda parts, that's impossible. I was thinking more in the realm of race parts, unless the market is bigger for Lambo door mods, or CR-X Carbon Fibre Altezza clear euro tails dry.gif

D.
Civic Nation. Represent.

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
Shipping would be a pain on a complete D16A1 swap kit, plus I've already done that. Unfortunately, the cheapest/easiest way to do that swap is to find a wrecked Integra, and I wouldn't want to deal with the quality/reliability complaints that will come with selling engines & trannies that are at least 15 years old.

I'd definitely be in for an adjustable panhard, and caster/camber plates with a strut tower brace. Anything for the D15A3 wouldn't do me any good, and I don't consider NA mods for the D16A1 to be particularly worthwhile, either. IMO, the best/biggest market for these parts would be in suspension pieces.

Masta

A swap kit for the D16/ZC wouldn't include a motor/trans/ECU, but include everything else required to do the swap such as mounts, axles, instructions, wiring, etc.. It would make it much easier to get a motor/trans combo from a jap. engine supplier and just bolt on the parts and go. It's just a thought, there are so many question everyday regarding the D-series swaps, it would be a much simpler option. I agree that suspension mods are high on the list for the hardcore guys, but what kind of parts? Solid bushings? Tubular front control arms? Tubular rear trailing arms? You guys buy Koni's and stock stuff where you want, I'm thinking more about stuff that isn't being made at all, shoot me your ideas. Go here for some pics of the Panhard bars we made.

Thanks

D.
Civic Nation. Represent.

ImprtRcr02

• You Dare Mess With A Saiyajin??
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 04' Srt-4, working on the crx beast
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I voted for the complete swap kit bc Im not a hardcore racer so I wouldnt buy much like that. Im focusing on my drag project but I also have a car for daily driving. But somewhere down the road it be great to put a d16/zc in it but I dont want the hassle of finding another wrecked car and pulling everything out. I already have three! If all I needed was a engine/trans/ecu I might buy the kit.

ImprtRcr02

DarkHand

QUOTE (Masta @ Jan 2 2004, 03:31 PM)
A swap kit for the D16/ZC wouldn't include a motor/trans/ECU, but include everything else required to do the swap such as mounts, axles, instructions, wiring, etc..

Ah ha... There's an idea...

Get in touch with dmotoguy and make some K-Series mounts...

ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
DarkHand

Masta

Well, if we could actually fund a project like that, I'm sure we could do it. But I'm thinking we need to start a bit smaller than doing a swap where the motors are still $6000+ into a car that has a value of 1000$. I like your thinking, but it may be a bit unrealistic at the moment. Now a DSM 4G63T into a 1G/3G, that would be fun.......and AWD , well now that's just crazy talk.

D.
Civic Nation. Represent.

BlankReg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '86 civic si hatch, '92 civic si hatch
If you and Tom were looking for a product to market to the D15A3 community I would suggest a larger throttlebody with a modified intake plenum. The restrictive induction side of that engine is the only thing holding it back from real power. Plus it could be combined with a turbo kit for insane power.

I second Scotts idea. I'd love a new (larger) TB for my EW4, and I haven't found any available. My budget for that would be 300-500 US, depending on the dyno results. I voted for the turbo kit, because i've been shopping around for one for my D16Z6 in my 92 civic. I'd rather have one in the 86, though. If you guys could put together a turbo kit (with turbo, manifold, blow-off valve, etc), say around 7 pounds of boost with good instructions and photos, i'd shell out about 1700.00 US. Those prices may be low, but that is realistically what I can afford, and I thought that might be helpful to know. Oh yeah, a carbon fiber hood would be cool too... smile.gif

LEW

• member 420
  • PipPipPipPipPip
since were dreaming OL, i wanna mugen efi intake mainfold w/tb and ecu

Edited by LEW, 02 January 2004 - 08:39 PM.

user posted image
ebay id mike_lew
user posted image

Masta

For Carbon Fibre hoods, please see Marcus(Mr. Disability) and he'll hook you up. As far as a turbo kit goes, I was thinking of using HF/1300 manifold(certainly not optimal, but surely functional, and cheap) a Garret T25, a DSM BOV and a custom fabbed IC and piping as an option. A set of Teg injectors, or maybe DSM injectors and a rising rate FPR would be included, but we would expect you to provide timing and fuel fine control, unless of course you'd like us to provide it. Are people looking more for a basic kit, non-intercooled, or a complete kit. How about a basic kit to start, with an extensive(albeit costly) options list? That may be the way to go. here is an example:

Very Basic Kit

HF Manifold Turbo adapter plate
Garrett T25 turbo
Custom downpipe that would mate up to stock exhaust
Custom air intake with Ractive Air filter
non-intercooled piping and all silicone connectors and t-bolt clamps

Options:

Ceramic coating on Manifold
Mild porting of manifold
polished S.S. piping
larger downpipe
K&N Air filter
Front mount intercooler with S.S. piping
MSD 6 BTM timing control
Apexi S-AFC fuel controller
cartech(or similar rising rate FPR)
3" exhaust
EGT gauge
Motec Wideband o2 sensor
Boost gauge
and the list could go on.

If this is something many people would be into, let us know. How many Si's are out there that would liek to go turbo? I'm not quite convinced there are enough people to justify making a kit. I MAY turbo my CRX, which would be the template for a kit.

D.
Civic Nation. Represent.

BlankReg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '86 civic si hatch, '92 civic si hatch
Dood, you are SO getting my hopes up here...

In a perfect world, I'd love to be able to choose between a basic kit (no intercooler), and a more souped up version with some bells and whistles. I can't stress enough that it would need good instructions with photos. For me, that is really important. Something written like the factory service manual would be awesome. Sure, I can swap out my own shocks, but installing a turbo is a whole other ball of wax.

IamNOTaRicer

• U sux0rz @ teh intArweb
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '86 Civic Si, '81 Mazda RX-7
The turbo kit is my choice, but what I was really thinking about was this. How about a complete install-it-yourself Hydra kit? gtpilot seems to have good results with this, and if there was a way you could make it a bolt-on package that doesn't involve yanking the engine that would REALLY appeal to me. Pre-cut firewalls and floor pans to accomadate a small block Chevy and a Ford 9 inch would be pretty cool too! laugh.gif

--Danny

b16a87civic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 civic si 1996 honda civic hb
    • Image Gallery
i voted for the brake kit. not really a big brake kit, i still want to use 13" rims and slicks. i would love it if i could buy everything i need to upgrade my brakes one time and from one place. rear disk brakes, master/booster, pads, lines, everything. theres just too much info its get i confusing.
also a carbon fiber hood for my 87 hatch would be great!!!!!!!!!!