Texas Round Up 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1980 yamaha qt50, 2007 civic si sedan(wife's)
    Garage View Garage
i like the walkie talkie and cb radio idea. dave., your phone is always off. plus i can help with the grocery run and bill. i believe we the dfw crew should take the hit of the grocery bill since the out of towners will be spending just to get here.
A grown up living with their parents is a loser.

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
Food idea sounds good. Gimpalots hosting, so looks like you and i will flip the bill unless other DFW'ers will show up.

Lets go w/ the handheld FM radios. No scquelch noise like the CBs. I don't have them, but will pick up one before the meet. These are what the guys typically use for hunting. Cobra brand I hear is good, and radio shack have them as well as Bass Pro (I have to assume Wally world as well). So if you don't have one, check w/ a friend to borrow or buy. They're common.

Keepin' it OEM

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
motorola has a good brand that has a 9 mile range for $40 a set. Either way, we need to see about a few of them, to be passed out and returned, as it will be what Gimpalot and i will be using on our trip up north this year (if there is a meet this year dry.gif )

Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
Cool, I was expecting like $80 per radio for something decent w/ a charging station.
Keepin' it OEM

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
June 26 seems to be the consensus here am I correct in assuming? If I put in for it now I'll be there for sure... not that my job is all that important anyways haha
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Gimpalot

• Are we having fun yet?
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '85 CRX Si, '92 Goldwing GL1500A, '07 Silverado
    Garage View Garage
So far, June 26th is the main date....
We still may have a late the 25th start and a done sometime on the 27th end...

bp has said that if anyone wants to camp out, his backyard is open for campers...

greasemonkey and I have been talking and are thinking about a mini swap meet for this too...

Probably need to start a "Texas Meet 2010 WTB/WTS/WTT" thread so that we all have time
to get things together for each other...

QUOTE (Sinic @ Apr 21 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You really know you have made it far on rpr when someone quotes you in their signature. I can't wait for the day!

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1980 yamaha qt50, 2007 civic si sedan(wife's)
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Gimpalot @ Jan 30 2010, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So far, June 26th is the main date....
We still may have a late the 25th start and a done sometime on the 27th end...

bp has said that if anyone wants to camp out, his backyard is open for campers...

greasemonkey and I have been talking and are thinking about a mini swap meet for this too...

Probably need to start a "Texas Meet 2010 WTB/WTS/WTT" thread so that we all have time
to get things together for each other...

Sounds good to me. Probably going to take off that monday so I can have one day to myself. But everything sounds good. As for the out of towners is there something else yall may want to do. Sight seeing and such. We can also cruise in downtown fort worth as an idea.
A grown up living with their parents is a loser.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Photo shoot on tower 2 parking garage.
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Gimpalot

• Are we having fun yet?
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (badpenny @ Jan 30 2010, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Photo shoot on tower 2 parking garage.

is that what you are calling my shop now? tongue.gif
You really know you have made it far on rpr when someone quotes you in their signature. I can't wait for the day!

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
LOL, no, tower two is located.... Just a second.

click me There are a number of parking garages, in this area. Plenty with top parking, that or we just drive to the North East mall, kinda nice when the sun begins to set as a backdrop.

Gimpalot

• Are we having fun yet?
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (badpenny @ Jan 30 2010, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL, no, tower two is located.... Just a second.

click me There are a number of parking garages, in this area. Plenty with top parking, that or we just drive to the North East mall, kinda nice when the sun begins to set as a backdrop.

Good Point...
I very rarely see anyone on the Top level of the NE Mall garage....
(Also practically across the street from my house for those that already don't know)

Sinic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 04 STi, 00 STi RHD, 07 TL
Walkie talkies? Cant wait. biggrin.gif I think I still have a Ninja turtle one. That thing rocked. I bet it still gets all the stations. Exciting.

I'm going to need to get on the ball if I'm going to finish the car by then.

So do we have a count of how many people are coming so far?

Gimpalot

• Are we having fun yet?
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Sinic @ Jan 30 2010, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Walkie talkies? Cant wait. biggrin.gif I think I still have a Ninja turtle one. That thing rocked. I bet it still gets all the stations. Exciting.

I'm going to need to get on the ball if I'm going to finish the car by then.

So do we have a count of how many people are coming so far?

So far, based on response in this thread:
Gimpalot--yes(hosting)
badpenny--yes(camp host)
greasemonkey--yes
CRX-kid--sounds like yes
86hamstersi---yes
zakats--yes
AgressiveST--more than likely
Sinic---sounds like yes
MadMax---????

bp is contacting some other members to see if they are interested as well ph34r.gif
just based on the list above, this would be the biggest Texas meet so far... biggrin.gif

Gimpalot

• Are we having fun yet?
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Just remembered something.....

There is this new building we have here that may be good for a decent photoshoot....

I forget what it is called.......

Oh yeah, Arlington Stadium, or is it Cowboy's Stadium.....

Hell, I don't know what it is called, but the Dallas Cowboys call it home...
I think that the parking lots are usually open if there are not events there, may be worth a look...

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Gimp, LIke your idea. Makes it Texas.

Been pming folks about the meet.

So some other ideas to kick around. I think made good sense.

If guys come in from out of town, seems like lodging is needed. Sounds like Sarge has camping at his. others might use hotels. I don't want to push Gimp, but it seems like some of the guys here have unofficially offered a couch here and there for the budget minded.

Saw the Vegas planning and the car wash idea sounded great for those in need.

Some of the inputs were to ID any local yards w/ our cars in them for "parts hunting party". I've scoured 80 yards this past fall and my gut tells me we're SOL.

Start a seperate post for "parts needed, wanted to sell" so we can pass off at the meet.

Tee shirts. Might as well begin our t-shirt design for 2010 meet

I have an extra 11x17 crx post shot from my honda brochures I'll donate and the folks can draw straws for.

Plan time in case someone breaks down for repairs.

Radios seem to be a great idea to keep us all together.

I've been in a little contact w/ OK guys and there might be some interest in coming our way. So that'd be a good thing.

We're a brotherhood, we're here to help each other out.

Car washing and crashing at homes I can't personnally offer, but I'll leave it to you guys if you can. I'm sure there's a car was near Gimps house. In my town, the stage 3 water restrictions banned using garden hoses to wash cars. You have to go to a car wash.

I'll pm some of you about T-shirts. Plan on a poster give-a-way (1)

all bring cameras and take shots. the last one was in the evening and most of the time was racing the toy cars so pix were hard to get.

get directions to the "photo shoot areas". I think one of the cruises will be to target those areas for some spectacular shots. On top of a garage w/ the DAllas or Ft worth skyline would be cool. I don't know the area well. But Gimp/BP/Hamsta's backyard. so if you guys can call the shots there??

Worry about a rain date once we get down to the 10day forecast. end of june is historically light on rain around here. But high on heat. So hangin' midday under Gimp's trees might be a good idea.

Keepin' it OEM