My Crazy Crx

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

CRX'Y

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Crx SI
Hey ya'll been a while since I peppered last. Shout out to all my peppers that gave good advice. Anywho writing to say that u just haven't got this rebuild right yet. I had it it was running oh so nice but due to my error of not tightening the timing belt enough I. Got the sweet dissatisfaction of having your car jump timing. Sad day in my poor crx's life. But since then I removed the head (which I now have down to a science) took it to the machine shop had them tell me that the valves were fine and to reassemble. It kinda struck me as odd because the valve definitely kissed the piston. Not like a full blown french kiss but more like a little peck. So now Im at the part were the thing that I thought was causing the problem my not be the problem. The initial problem was that and this is an assumption when the timing jump it locked the engine up. It would start up putter around for a little and die within a minute or so. Aside from the new head gasket and clean head I changed the fuel pump ignition coil I could use new spark plugs I got some weird e3 brand because they were out of ngk but imma snag me some of those soon. Anyways any ideas feel free to post whatever all advice would be appreciated. I just want my cr'sexy to live again

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango

Did you replace the fuel filter?

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

CRX'Y

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Crx SI
Yes

sedanman

• Slowpoke