Hf Jets

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

rileyescobar

• hating white people since 1982
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 crx dx(R.I.P.) 86 civic dx(under the knife) big things to come! 87 CRX HF(Devac'd and running like a champ!)
long story short,HF carb is F'd,have dx carb,figured i'd re-jet it to match the HF,and rebuild it and install it

any help appreciated
no,it isn't "too rusty"....now sweep it up,and let's talk price

Bubba

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Dx hatch with 1.5 CVCC and auto trans, devaced 87 CRX HF with rebuilt 1.3
It probably would be easy to take out and use the HF immersion tubes. Have you checked car-part.com for a whole HF carb?

If you do the devac and want good mpg, you might want to look for jets and immersion tubes from a 1.3 carb (assuming you can remove the jets from your dx carb without damaging it)

rileyescobar

• PipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx dx(R.I.P.) 86 civic dx(under the knife) big things to come! 87 CRX HF(Devac'd and running like a champ!)
funny you should mention that,as there's a civic 1300 at my local pic-a-part,which I was planning on nabbing the carb from anyway

rileyescobar

• PipPipPip

I now officially have one of each carb that ever came on these carbs XD
*cars

there Kaymo,happy now?

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
they had carbs that came on carbs? wow thats a lot of carburation!
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

jjamiemmark

• Spit pop bang
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX,91 CRX SI
    Garage View Garage
I don't see a CDM carb in there rolleyes.gif
05192012083.jpg

rileyescobar

• PipPipPip
touche'

QUOTE (jjamiemmark @ Oct 28 2011, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see a CDM carb in there rolleyes.gif

kaymo

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
oh thats not fair... modify your post so that my correction seems unnecessary! how rude biggrin.gif

rileyescobar

• PipPipPip
QUOTE (kaymo @ Oct 28 2011, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh thats not fair... modify your post so that my correction seems unnecessary! how rude biggrin.gif

fine......there ya go

kaymo

• PipPipPipPipPip
lol much better now i dont look quite so retarded. i dont need any help from you i can make myself look retarded on my own LOL

rileyescobar

• PipPipPip
reviving my own old-ass thread:
ended up using the stock HF primary jet,1300 emulsion tube,dx secondary jet/tube.
car is AWESOME! super efficient running on primaries,rocket when secondaries engage.
I'm building a second engine(Si Head/DX block/CDM mani Weber DGV)
but I'm having a good bit of fun with franken-carb for now.

Eric L

• CRXpert
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 1988 CRX Si, 1993 Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
That sounds awesome! I've been lurking on a few of the threads having to do with devac-ing and also the HF model carbs in particular, since I have 2 - '87 CRX HF's and also an '84 1.3 which is still in running condition (barely).

One of my '87 HF's barely starts and doesn't keep running at all. Its been like that since the day I got it, and I just have it stored at the moment.
The other '87 starts and runs 'ok', but not great. It's a California market example, which is why I bought it (Rustfree) and now I have it registered and drive it a few times/week. I ran a few bottles of various carb cleaners through it last year, and it's running a bit better. But still not perfect. When you cold start it, it will quit a few times before 'catching' and settling into the high idle mode. Then after it warms up enough to cut out of the high idle mode and tries to change to the 'normal' idle, the motor usually quits. You can start it again, but it barely holds the idle (I'm thinking of just trying to turn the idle speed up a bit to about 900rpm, currently it idles at barely 500-600.
However, once the engine really warms up it seems to settle in and is less prone to quiting, although if I have to stop at a light right after cruising at speed for a while, it will still occasionally quit again.

It's not great, but not bad enough yet to motivate me to replace the vacuum lines or risk doing a de-vaccing either. I really don't want to lose the purpose of having an HF and screw up the fuel economy.

What you have done to your HF carb really interests me, especially if it works good!! (high mpg, and good power when you need it)
Something that I've wondered about but never saw anyone discuss here on RPR is if anyone has installed a manual choke control on one of their DX or HF carbs and just threw out or disconnected the factory automatic choke altogether.

Keep us posted on your carb experiments please!!!
Thanks!