Header Panel

• You cannot reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic

White86CRXSi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si
Anyone Have One of these for sale? or know a good place to order one online? Mine blew off going down the highway and disintegrated, lmao

poweredbyhonda22

• silly ricers usless wings are for peguins
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1990 ZC EF, 1984 Trans Am
    • Image Gallery
www.crosscanadaparts.com get out your checkbook they want 400 canadian for it and its really hard to find a used one specially thats not cracked or broken in any way

1GEN_SI86

• Homina Homina HOMINA!!!! POW right in the kisser
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic CRX SI
    Garage View Garage
meh, 400 bucks....smack that down on on a nice 1 piece carbon fiber or fiberglass hood biggrin.gif

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2009 AUDI TT 3.2L, Project Teg powered Austin Mini Van
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (White86CRXSi @ Mar 25 2009, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone Have One of these for sale? or know a good place to order one online? Mine blew off going down the highway and disintegrated, lmao

I have several but all need repair of some kind. Put your location under your name via "My Controls", it helps. JS

If you want one of these Logos send me a PM

aan.jpg

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

Sgt. Pepper

Ebay ones aren't bad (I have one on Liz).
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
How's the quality of fit and durability of the Canadian one for $400? Anyone installed and can give their opinion on this?

There was some discussion the other month about Certifit vs the "thicker on one on ebay". Someone mentioned how the thicker one was a little shorter and plastic was a little wavey so it wasn't a perfect fit (but I think this was in reference to the fender peice, not the header. I haven't really heard much about the certifit fenders/headers.
Keepin' it OEM

White86CRXSi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Im outside of atlanta about 35 minutes.. ive almost come to the point of getting some chicken wire or something of the sort, shaping it and attempting to fiberglass it..

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The e-bay one is fine.... Fit is actually pretty good it is not all wavy etc... I have owned one, and seen one, and held one, and rubbed it ,and molested it.. etc.. For $120 shipped ITS A DEAL..

White86CRXSi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
well.. i'm going with this one ... Ebay

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
WHITE86,

Let me know what you think after you get it. Sounds like RARE is happy w/ his. At some point, I need to repaint several of my cars, and I want to get fenders/headers that'll last a long time. I really don't want to repair the old b/c they are so sundamaged, its not worth it, unless for my daily driver that would get abuse anyway.

Thnx

D
Keepin' it OEM

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's @ Mar 28 2009, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WHITE86,

Let me know what you think after you get it. Sounds like RARE is happy w/ his. At some point, I need to repaint several of my cars, and I want to get fenders/headers that'll last a long time. I really don't want to repair the old b/c they are so sundamaged, its not worth it, unless for my daily driver that would get abuse anyway.

Thnx

D

The Repro fenders are good ..The passenger is great but the drivers has a sort of lip that needs to be sanded down to be the same height as the hoodline from my experience they are all like this.

I chucked my BNIB e-bay one for a 1 piece hood, but my brother has it on his and it fits damn good to tell you the truth.

White86CRXSi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I'll let all know how it works out.. with pictures

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Had some time today and spent researching headers/fenders for 87crxsi.

Scott mentioned in an earlier post about most coming from Taiwan. I'm thinking he's right. I found 6+ distributors (many w/ the help of you peppers)... Certifit, US auto parts, CrossCanadaparts, AutosDepot (the ones currently on ebay w/ the red/yellow frame around the ebay pix), AutoPartsOnline, PrimosAutoBodyParts, AutoBodyParts...... And they all might come from the same molder.

So most did not list the manufacturer. I"m going to call early this week to see if they'll tell me. 2 of these guys (USAutoParts and AutoBodyParts) state a manufacture (or maybe its a buried third party distributor) w/ the name of "Replacement". The "R" on replacement on the logo is inside a red box. So these 2 "Replacement" suppliers have headers around $180. The others w/o describing a manufacturer are around $120 per header. So this makes me think it might come from different sources, or they're marking up the part.

W/ that said, I'll call the other distributors this week and find out what I can.

My plan is to buy the L&R fenders and Header from "Replacement", then drive over to Certifit (about 50 miles for me) and AutosDepot (ebay ones, and they happen to be about 30 miles from me) and compare the panels w/ "Replacements" in hand,.. that's if they'll let me open the boxes. Since I use to design molds and worked in a thermal plastics lab in a past life, I'm hoping to check out the part and see whats up on quality. Best test is to instal them for fit, but I don't plan to purchase each one and piss away the $$.

I've got 5 crx's to repaint and re panel, so its important to me to invest the time on this one. I don't expect to get an answer quick, but do whatever your planning and I'll post my results as I get them, and as time permits.

If I'm ambitious enought, I might take the plastic to a lab for Izod impact testing at cold temp to see what material is really the best. I think my buddies are all gone at my old lab, so SOL on cost saving there...

RARE mad a good point that's worth repeating: "use new rubber washer upon reinstallation and tighten bolts just enough to snug down panels". And Scott's mention of strengthening the backside.

What ever other inputs you guys have, PM me. I'm keeping notes on fit and opinions from past posts.

Thnx
D
Keepin' it OEM

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
my 87 SI came with both a replacement nose piece and fender which appear to be from taiwan. both are very much thicker plastic than a factory piece, but definately seem to be of different composition of plastics. its got that cheap plastic feeling, just like comparing cast iron to a piece of steel...

both are still in pretty good shape. i have been thinking about selling my ebay panel because i dont like it and id rather have factory or make my own fiberglass replacements

QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

4N2NR

• Fossil of the forum
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 1990 CRX Si, 2013 Cadillac SRX, 2003 Hummer H2
    Garage View Garage
The header panel from Houseman is $165 (the one from the Mugen style body kit).
http://www.housemanautosport.com
Body Kit Pricing (March 2009)
I put the FUN in dysfunctional!
Just tell her you are fixing it for someone and it is not yours and when they never show up to pick it up tell her you are keeping it for all of the work you put into it.

SEX - StreetEXtremes