87 Crx Engine Swap To B17a1 Help

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

MajorE40

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 civic crx hf
This is my first Honda and I was planning on keeping the car the way it is but a friend at work told me he has a 93 teg gsr engine and 6 speed tranny for sale I offered 300 bucks and he sold it to me. He dosnt have any clue how rare that engine is so i got a sweet deal! I would like to know what I will need for this swap before I get started. Mounts, axles, torsion bars, wiring, fuel system, and any sensors i will need to pick up for the speed-o and that kinda stuff. I do plan on calling HASPORT and talking with them about this but its something I have not ever seen or read about. Can any one help?

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (MajorE40 @ Apr 12 2008, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a friend at work told me he has a 93 teg gsr engine and 6 speed tranny for sale I offered 300 bucks and he sold it to me.

^^^
What is wrong with this picture?
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

crazy87rexsi

• A big hairy american winning machine
  • PipPip
    • Drives: To much for you pal, Ferrari...lol.......B16 1G, stock as a mofo!! ;)
    Garage View Garage
upgrademotoring.com has t-bars 29 mm at the largest, on ebay right now there is a b-series mount set from innovative mounts for $327 all you need is the rear trns bracket should be from a 99-00 civic si,you can also get the axles from innovative just ask them, throttle cable from90-93 teg, clutch cable 88-91 civic/crx(or a hydro conversion) innovative mounts has one on their site, custom shift linkage( hasport told me that you could use 86-89 teg but my swap book say no), radiator hoses, knuckles from 86-89 teg should also use the brakes, i got a walboro 255 from fuel-pumps.net for $166, and a VSS from an hf which you may have,almost forgot OBD0-OBD1 conversion

i think thats everything........i hope so im tired

hope that helps

Edited by crazy87rexsi, 12 April 2008 - 11:22 PM.

Josh

-part of the exclusive side license plate club

qouted from CarNutCertifies
Sex should be like a Civic; slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear

Pics of Build

Build Thread

crazy87rexsi

• A big hairy american winning machine
  • PipPip
    • Drives: To much for you pal, Ferrari...lol.......B16 1G, stock as a mofo!! ;)
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 13 2008, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^^

i hope he knows
Josh

-part of the exclusive side license plate club

qouted from CarNutCertifies
Sex should be like a Civic; slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear

Pics of Build

Build Thread

ibcnya

• HNFTuning
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: his girlfriend crazy
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 12 2008, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^^

He trying to swap a engine that he knows nothing about? a 93 LS never came with a 6 speed? this guys paying 300 bux for a B17 GSR engine? Hasports owner Brian is a member here and the owner of a CRX with a b swapped into it? I dunno...what?

Edited by ibcnya, 12 April 2008 - 11:30 PM.

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
parts list at onegvtec.com as others have said, there is no 6 speed, if it says b17a1 on the block it is likely to be mated with a ys1 unless it has been replaced, but it is still a 5 speed regardless...
grimms mom

MajorE40

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 87 civic crx hf
I am getting crap from every fourm about this trans. I plan on going over there today and looking at it and taking pictures but as far as i know he said its 6 driving + R! ill post pictures when i get them. thanks for the help slowpoke.