88 Teg Into 87 Crx Si.

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

CRXdan

what to use, what not to use. what to do with emsion box? how about map sensor... can i use old one? is it on the firewall? i need as much info as possible...
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

CRXdan

Sorry I was tired yestreday, thats why my post was so general. My question is, guy pulled an 88 teg motor out of an integra. He disconnected all sensors and didnt even take the main engine harness. My question now is, what, other than the main engine harness, do I need? Do I need the injector resisitir box? How about the emsion control box? Anythign else?
I dont mind gettign the engine harness form a yard... might as well get some other things while im there...
90 crx si
86 samurai g16 turbo

D16CRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1988 Honda CRX SI, 1991 Civic Sedan DX (HAHA my parts hauler)
Hey CRXDAN the Harness from an88-91 Civic/CRX will work, and yes you do need the resistor box and emissions box. My sugestion is if you want it to work proper when you drop it in. Just go to a yard. Pull the engine harness and every sensor and resistor ox, map sensor etc. thas attached to the harness. Good luck nad hopfully it will be done in time for the meet. Late man cool.gif

D16CRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
p.s. We need to hook up. I need to get some ideas for future mods and also id like to check out your ride. And hey, sorry about the spelling mistakes laugh.gif laugh.gif

CRXdan

excelent, this makes it much easier, now i can just grab a 88-91 civic one. does ot have to be an si? and can I use the emsions/injector resistors from it as well?

How about a distributor?
90 crx si
86 samurai g16 turbo

CRXdan

Are the valve covers on the 88 interchangable with the 87 ones?

Edited by CRXdan, 19 February 2004 - 06:28 PM.

90 crx si
86 samurai g16 turbo

D16CRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
yes u can use the injectors and yes it has to be an si. the si has 4 injectors where the dx only has 2. The emmissions crap should be the same also. later.

Guest_-TJ_*

• Group: Guests
Any D16A1 valvecover will bolt onto any D16A1.

You will need an 88-89 D16A1 distributor for an 88-89 D16A1. There is no USA bolt on substitute.

Be sure you've got all the Helm Manuals for the swap, do not try to rely on internet info alone. The last few pages of each manual are the most valuable - The pgm-fi wiring and connector location diagrams. By all Helms, I mean the one for your car, an 88-89 Integra Helm, & the appropriate Civic/CRX Si Helm if you are getting a harness from one of those (yes, depending on the year, the wiring is different on an 88-91 Si).

To illustrate my point about the helm manuals further, look at my webpage on the swap subject at hand. Clear as mud without the manuals, right?

Follow the link to TJS HONDAS.

-TJ

CRXdan

So other than the injector resisitor box, emisions box, and Main engine harness, there uis nothign else I woudl n eed assuming that when the engine was rmeoved each sensor disconnected...
90 crx si
86 samurai g16 turbo