Ink?

• You cannot reply to this topic
130 replies to this topic

JDN14

After two or so years i finally worked up the courage to get my first tattoo....and then i couldnt stop. Here's my ink so far (BTW i suck with a camera):

robot Gir:

The start of my Invader Zim half sleeve:

My star:

anyone else wanna share? Just curious as to how big of freaks you guys really are tongue.gif

enjoy,

Jacques
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

87CRXkid

• THE HUL-KOGAN
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX DX with 88 D16A1 swap, all round disc's,tokico HP's and more!
    • Image Gallery
Im getting some Daffy Duck and Bugs bunny ink cool.gif

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
My wife has 9, same as you once she started she can't stop. I'm looking to get one this year just haven't desided what I want yet. smile.gif

Here is a link to her big tattoo, it's my daughter
My wifes tattoo of my daughter

Edited by WOLFCRX, 16 March 2006 - 10:10 PM.

RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I have a couple..my wife has some.. BUT i am contemplating a traditional tribal. BUT the thing is I dont drink much and this will be painful (as my family has told me) I like yours ..very nice work..

Edited by etmydst, 16 March 2006 - 10:12 PM.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
can someone please explain to me why it is "cool" to cut the skin open and fill the wound with ink just to have a picture posted on your body? sounds pretty sick to me.

a little story here for anyone that cares. back in november my wife and her mother decide that they are going to go get tattoo's together with total disreguard to how i feel about it. so anyway, i didnt even find out the appointment was made till about 3 days later and i told her that if she got the tat, she better pack her shit because if i wanted a chick with tat's i would have gotten one in the first place. she did know how i felt about them years before concitering getting one. so what happens the next day? i come home to a tat of a fairy 5 inches tall and 4 inches wide on the side of her leg. she said "i figured you would get over it". i immediately told her to pack her shit and get out (not like i hadnt warned her before she did it). after 2 days of fighting over it she decided that our relationship was more important than the tat was and agreed to have removal done. the tat removal has proved to be many times more expensive than the actual installation (which was way un-professionally done and looked like shit, not to mention disgustingly huge on her leg).

anyway, i dont have a problem with people getting tat's as long as it means something special to you and i dont have to look at it on my wife or myself. with my wife's tat it didnt mean anything more than getting a tat because thats what her friend did (or so it seems to me). she didnt even know that the fairy is the universal symbol for lesbian (not like calling your guy friend a fairy and meaning gay, more like the "de colours" rainbow being generic symbol for gay pride....or some queer shit like that) till i told her. so at that point she was stuck with a lesbian tat and has no lesbian tendencies.

not talking trash or hating. just wanted to share my tat experience since the subject was brought up. for anyone planning to get a tat, please think it through first and make sure it has a special meaning to you. also make sure you know what it symbolizes and deffinitely talk it through with your significant other first because it is a serious thing that people have strong feeling about and can easily cause huge problems in a relationship. not to mention cost. in my case it was a very poor quality (from so called professional shop......*cough*skin images in hanover pa*cough*) $65 outline to put on and has already cost hundred to remove so far. will be in the $300-$500 range (if we are lucky) by the time it is completely gone. not to mention, she said that the removal hurt 1000 times worse than putting it on. she was in so much pain and i felt really bad for her. she only got to "enjoy" it for about 40 minutes total and only got to show it to 3 people.

well, back to the pic's
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
^^^^same reason you mod your car^^^ TATOOING IS A body mod.... SOME PEOPLE LIKE IT SOME DONT .. SOME DONT UNDERSTAND WHY WE MOD OUR CARS SOME DO.. just a quick analogy..

JDN14

can someone please explain to me why it is "cool" to cut the skin open and fill the wound with ink just to have a picture posted on your body? sounds pretty sick to me.

Well, it sounds bad but it's all done with sterile equipment and you treat a fresh tattoo pretty much like a bad case of sunburn for about 3 weeks so it doesnt seem too out of the ordinary.

As for the rest, it's just different strokes for different folks. Some people like 'em, some dont.

Meaning is all relative as a tattoo can represent any number of things that or going on in, or have gone on in your life. As you said, the decision is not one to be made lightly and for the love of god make sure you find an artist who know's what he's doing. You only live once so you may as well do it without regrets!

Oh, and personally i think girls with tattoos are hawt!! ph34r.gif !
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
QUOTE (crxls @ Mar 16 2006, 10:17 PM)
can someone please explain to me why it is "cool" to cut the skin open and fill the wound with ink just to have a picture posted on your body? sounds pretty sick to me....

I was around for part of that. That was a doozie.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (etmydst @ Mar 16 2006, 10:24 PM)
^^^^same reason you mod your car^^^ TATOOING IS A body mod.... SOME PEOPLE LIKE IT SOME DONT .. SOME DONT UNDERSTAND WHY WE MOD OUR CARS SOME DO.. just a quick analogy..

but you arent stuck with that car attached to your body for the rest of your life. you can always alter it again, put it back to normal, sell it, give it away, part it out to fit your needs when you grow out of it. the tat is stuck there and not so easy to get rid of.

like i said, not here to hate or argue. you guys are welcome to do whatever you choose with your bodies and it dont bother me a bit. i wont argue and sorry for somewhat hijacking

enjoy!
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 2000 Civc Ltd Edition w B16a swap
QUOTE (etmydst @ Mar 16 2006, 07:24 PM)

So a tatoo is like putting huge vinyl graphics on your car? ph34r.gif
JK
IMO if they have meaning or whatever then sure, but if its just "I got a tatoo cuz I felt like it" then I'm not a fan, some tatoo's look good, some dont, I'm kinda undecided on them on other people, but they're not for me, as I'm way to fickle to get something put on my body for good, hell I have a hard time doing irreversable mods to my car, wherever possible its returnable to stock:p

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX. Upgrades (so far) Illuminas on all four corners, new rims & tires & Eldo's carb mod. Needs some rust repair. 1993 Civic Si as a daily driver that I have sworn to keep stock (so $$ can go to the CRX).
I got one & plan on at least one more.
I don't have a camera handy though so you can't see it!

I've heard (and it makes sense) that the reason people tend to get more than one is that once you've got that first one you start thinking of your body as a canvas. I know that for me hearing the buzzing of a tattoo m\needle just makes me start wanting more.

That's nice ink BTW JDN14. smile.gif

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
Ya my gf has 4 now and I only like 1 of them. What realy pissed me off is she went on vacation with her family and came back with a new one without even telling me. Dam I was mad too.
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (stevo911_ @ Mar 16 2006, 11:42 PM)
So a tatoo is like putting huge vinyl graphics on your car?

No, tatooing is more like "KEYING" Your own car that you don't ever plan on repainting.

I am with crxls on this. I can't stand them. My wife got one during one of our spat/trial separations. She justified it out of the fear that I "may" have slept with someone else, while we were separated, and that I would have to get over it. I told her, "You get another, and consider the divorce." I am dead serious. I didn't marry the woman to have her change. But I also didn't marry her to test my patience either.

I like tattoo's but not on the person I am with. I can appreciate it as an artform, but not as a means to express yourself. Poets, visual artists, musicians, express themselves as do tattoo artists. I just have a belief that I don't have to be someones canvas to do so.

I do, however, recognize that there are societies where it is considered a status symbol to have tattoos. Egyptians, did it ages ago. Hell, I think they even invented it. Just like other indian cultures do with piercings.

In short, I like 'em, just not on myself or the person I am with. But the one tattoo I can't freaking stand is the tramp tag. BLECHHH

You have nice tatts, JDN14, I would show you my wifes, but I really don't think it would help my situation out. She has been talking about getting another. Perhaps she is bored with me? Hmmm dry.gif

Oh, forgot. My sister has 12, my younger brother has 7 and my dad just recently has gotten 2.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
My GF has 5...i gave her 2 for her b-day (shoulders), they are special to both of us because it was when i was gone. she has one blue one (my fav color) and one purple one (her Fav color) but if you look closely the blue one has a small difference...i will get petter pics of hers and min...i have 2 and im getting more for sure!

1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

AggressiveST

right shoulder:

left shoulder:

piercings:

THEN: soon after that : next in order of time, position, narration, or enumeration <walked to the door, then turned><first came the clowns, and then came the elephants>

THAN: used as a function word to indicate difference of kind, manner, or identity ; used especially with some adjectives and adverbs that express diversity <anywhere else than at home><older than I am> <easier said than done>