Moto-scooter Build Thread

• You cannot reply to this topic
27 replies to this topic

cahitapower

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 civic si
Hey nice workk!!....nice to see another member thats building a scooter!...

Heres a few shots of mine that i've been building for drag/street ride..lol.... hope you dont mind..

was doing a few test and tunning anddd...gOdFreakIng BOOoM...!!! blink.gif

The second piston blew(the one with the bigger hold) right before a money run..i had to run higher octane gas since when i replace it, it was a higher compresion set up in which i missed calculated tongue.gif

Striped it down and rebuild

i was happy with the results, i managed to hit 93mph and i know there is more...i will be putting more work into it in the summer since my scooter is in my house in D.R

Heres a few links to websites that i've bought performance parts from, hope it helps out with your build:

http://www.sip-scoot...nfigurator.aspx
http://www.scootercraft.com/
So MuCh In SUcH A SmALL BoX

Project Build "CahitaPower"

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
QUOTE (cahitapower @ May 3 2011, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i was happy with the results, i managed to hit 93mph and i know there is more...

93 MPH!? blink.gif I've only had my GS400 to about 111, and that was pretty well all it had in it. Granted the GS 400 is no CBR 400 (or Busa) but that's not the point!
93mph on such a tiny frame and such small wheels is pretty crazy. ohmy.gif

Jayscrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 06 Honda CRV , 08 Honda Fit Sport , 86 CRX Si
Ya, 93mph is crazy on something like this! If I were you, I would buy a steering stabalizer to prevent any head shake at those high speeds. I had one on a 2001 Honda CBR 929, and a Yamaha FZ1. They make a huge difference and it is a hole lot safer. Keep the rubber side down and have fun.

Jay V.

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
ok you have to give me more details. obviously its a 2 stroke but its got a top motor mount that makes it look like a 150cc... so is it a 2stroke 150? 93 mph? you are crazy!! a steering stabilizer might be a good idea but probably not too easy to attach to a normal scoot. i have considered getting one for mine if i can get one cheap. would probably go well with my wheelie bar biggrin.gif

also what size is that flat slide carb? i was seriously considering going to a flat slide because i have heard really good things about them. i also am switching to a thumb throttle later on which has a flat slide cable... but by then i probably wont want to mess with things if i get it tuned right. im not sure how much i should be jetted with my intake the way it is....

updates will be soon, i am working on this currently.
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

kaymo

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
still working. i have figured out how to connect the real forks to the fake forks that the handlebars go on without some big ugly brace or rigged up nonsense. it wont even be visible.

also working on taillight and tail rack. probably using more scooter frame. cant really get anything else done till i weld the stupid motor mount... which would have been easier if some asshole hadnt come over and unclamped my wheels and threw everything out of alignment. bah gives me time to rebuild the front end and maybe when i reclamp i will get it straighter than before

also... had to put 8oz of slime in my rear tire to make it keep pressure. they are nylon tires (can get out of round undriven) i wonder if that or possibly where i clamped it could have effected it. anyway im sure it will also clamp straighter with air in the tire.

must get this done soon. weather is too nice and i need wheels!

cahitapower

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 civic si
QUOTE (kaymo @ May 5 2011, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok you have to give me more details. obviously its a 2 stroke but its got a top motor mount that makes it look like a 150cc... so is it a 2stroke 150? 93 mph? you are crazy!! a steering stabilizer might be a good idea but probably not too easy to attach to a normal scoot. i have considered getting one for mine if i can get one cheap. would probably go well with my wheelie bar biggrin.gif

also what size is that flat slide carb? i was seriously considering going to a flat slide because i have heard really good things about them. i also am switching to a thumb throttle later on which has a flat slide cable... but by then i probably wont want to mess with things if i get it tuned right. im not sure how much i should be jetted with my intake the way it is....

updates will be soon, i am working on this currently.

Well actually it was a pretty smooth run...ofcourse this was done in a secure space...the scooter is a yamaha jog nextzone which come as 50cc, but I swaped out the engine with an yamaha Axis 90cc, which are compatible with the mounts and it was a smiple bolt on...the carp is a 32mm and the cyclinder was port out to fit a piston from an motorcyle(I can't remember which one)...I love the performance on the carb, but would not recomand it if you engine is not fully build, on top end that thing is a beast just need to tune for low idle and when ure going to launch so u won't have a slow start, and have a quick responds...I got most race parts, Malossi, Polini, stage6 I recomand those brands...good luck with the build...diff tuned in
So MuCh In SUcH A SmALL BoX

Project Build "CahitaPower"

kaymo

• PipPipPipPipPip
the motor i am starting with is already enough to get me in plenty of trouble. that thing looks like a beast. i do plan on some mild porting to the head but only because its a cheap engine with rough castings. i may keep my benelli scooter engine as a backup donor for this bike as it will bolt in place of this jonway engine just the same.

for those who have been waiting for an update, i can give you this:

i have headlights, and front turn signals. i have the forks assembled and am getting a little closer to welding the motor mount...

sorry. thats it. no pics. no nothing really. kinda sucks. thats what happens when hurt myself and get lazy!

updates coming soon as i am eager to get back out and hurt myself!

Stuckey85si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 Crx Si with Blacktop D16
Just saw this thread and I figured I would throw in what Ive been riding

Its a OP Cruiser from walmart with a 80 CC 3 hp motor on it. The bike has lights on it now. That picture if from a few weeks ago. Anyway, it gets about 85 miles to the gallon and will do 41 mph. Im sure if I didn't weigh 220 pounds it would have an easier time lol. Anyway, the bike is a blast to drive and has been super dependable. I have over 250 miles on it now.

Thanks,

Joseph

kaymo

• PipPipPipPipPip
very cool whizzer! (or knockoff thereof)

i have been thinking about making one of these myself. i have also been thinking about resurrecting an old kick scooter from my childhood... i have a little leafblower that i picked up for free that would make it an excellent zip around vehicle. altho this bike makes me jealous i want one!

how much was this kit? even tho its over the 49cc limit im sure that no one would mess with you about it since it looks so small!

Stuckey85si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 Crx Si with Blacktop D16
The kit was 150 bucks shipped with a 30 day warranty. Haha the company has since gone out of business. There are tons of kits on ebay. I have been pulled over or stopped 2 times by police. Mostly just wanted to ask about it and check it out. Yea I am not worried at all about someone noticing the engine size. Cops and everyone else love it though, and legally it is just a bicycle so I don't have any special laws to abide by because of the motor.

Thanks,

Joseph

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Sweet projects.. I was not aware all the RPR members who did the small engine/scooter stuff.

I build Briggs powered minibikes in my spare time , I'm also working on 2 Project Yerf-dog buggies..

This is a long project.. I have the full roll cage for it, but it's not bolted on. I just mounted up the Piggyback Nitrogen gas shocks and gave it a 4" lift .. It will have a built flathead raptor motor on alchohol .. This is my summer project when I have energy..

kaymo

• PipPipPipPipPip
i got into scooters when i lost my license. i am glad i got into them though because i love 2 wheels. even tho ive crashed twice haha.\

i worked at a motorcycle body shop when i was younger and always wanted a bike but my mother forbid me haha because im crazy enough on four wheels. now im restricted to two and 35 mph... figures.

they save a lot of money and they are fun. its exciting to know that as soon as im done with my project, i can throw on a helmet and go ride it and not have to worry about plates and such.

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I'm just about done with my project the GS400 rebuild, I haven't been updating the thread >_< But I've only got exhaust left to hang on it. Should be "done" by the end of the week.