Camber Plates, Someone Was Making Them...

• You cannot reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
I have a very clear memory of someone on this forum offering to make and sell camber/caster plates for our funky old cars. At least I think I have a clear memory of that, all the fun times on the 1980's seems to be playing the Devil with my ability to recollect. Anyway, I am desperate to find a set of camber plates. I was going to say that I want a really goods set of camber/caster plates but I know that I can not be picky.

Anyway, does anyone know what I am talking about? Do I know what I am talking about? I know what I want and what I want is a set of... well you know what I want.

Scott
[email protected]
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

cahitapower

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 civic si
heel-n-toe....
So MuCh In SUcH A SmALL BoX

Project Build "CahitaPower"

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)
Yep, Mr D has what you need, they're on my wishlist anyway B)

CSPCRX

Yah, Marcus has them. Three piece system. Worked well, until I destroyed one. Easy to adjust and hold, do to the grooves, while you are sinching them down.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage
destroyed the car or the Camber plates and how did you go about doing that?
Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

CSPCRX

I posted pic. Basically bottomed the shock out wich slammed the top of it into the plate. I posted pics a while back. It buckeled it nicely!

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Madkore

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic Si - For smiles and laughs, Original Owner, 1966 Ford Mustang - 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disks, 1968 Ford F250 - Big Ugly
    • Image Gallery
Mr. D - Medieval Pro
http://www.redpepper...+camber +plates

FirstGenRex - What you really want.
http://www.redpepper...+camber +plates
You're Mad!

Well thank God for that, 'cause if I wasn't, this would probably have never worked.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Madkore

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic Si - For smiles and laughs, Original Owner, 1966 Ford Mustang - 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disks, 1968 Ford F250 - Big Ugly
    • Image Gallery
King Motorsports
Posted Image
You're Mad!

Well thank God for that, 'cause if I wasn't, this would probably have never worked.

Captain Jack Sparrow

eec4tuner

• I hunt pineapples...
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 88crx si (B16A1swap) 85crx si (D16a1swap) 90 ford mustang coupe (347 stroker 6 speed) 2000 Honda RC51 (full Ohlins suspension,MoriwakiExh.)
The Kingmotorsport kit looks so simple, is it a fixed setting? looks like it is set up for negative camber.

Living on a rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

cbstdscott

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Thanks for all the replies, it is nice to know that Mr D has them available and First Gen Rex may still be in the business as well.

I have a set of OPM (long out of production) camber plates that were crude but effective to dial in about one degree of negative camber. I use the word "were" because they metal fatigued themselves to death quite spectacularly. I am back to stock upper mounts.

The OPM camber plates had their pluses and minuses: You can use them with a strut bar, but there is no Caster adjustment. And of course, one side on my set is busted.

Maybe I will fabricate replacement parts for the existing OPM camber plates, maybe I will buy a new set, maybe I will find a used set of sale, maybe I will jerk myself... er, hold off on making a decision.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

CSPCRX

You really do want the caster adjustment. The advantage is that you can get away with running less static camber, thus giving you more tire contact patch, when they are pointed straight. Then as you turn the wheel the caster adds camber, where you need it. It is interesting to see how much it changes.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

cbstdscott

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Yes, I really do want the caster adjustment.
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Blacktop Swap, 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD, 2012 Toyota Rav4
    Garage View Garage
scott i have a mystery set of camber plates on my car can you take a pic of the OPM camber plates so i can figure out what i have on my car?
The Original CR-Z driver

cbstdscott

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
How about you take a picture of your camber plates and I can tell you if they are the same? My plates are disassembled right now. Send a picture to [email protected].

Mine are made out of steel, only have a camber adjustment and are painted black.

The plates offered by Mr D have the magic caster adjustment, but my strut bar will not work with them. So I am looking to fabricate replacement parts that will require so tricky cutting of 1/8" steel.

Anyone offer CNC services?

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

cbstdscott

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
How about you take a picture of your camber plates and I can tell you if they are the same? My plates are disassembled right now. Send a picture to [email protected].

Mine are made out of steel, only have a camber adjustment and are painted black.

The plates offered by Mr D have the magic caster adjustment, but my strut bar will not work with them. So I am looking to fabricate replacement parts that will require so tricky cutting of 1/8" steel.

Anyone offer CNC services?

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function