Vehicle Speed Sensor

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

rjay8604

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 91 civic dx, bored & stroked b16 on the way.
hey my b16a swap is right around the corner. i've researched alot. and one thing i haven't been able to find out is what can i do about the the vehicle speed sensor that the new ecu will require for VTEC activation. also if there are any other major technicalities with the wiring or other parts of the swap. I plan on custom weldin mounts to save money. my buddy has a MIG welder and welding is his life. Do you have to go through the fuse box when adding the extra wiring? I know some of you have b16 swap so help me out i'd appreciate it greatly. i'd like the swap o only take a week. thanx in advance.

CRX8Grand

• Hey I remember my password to this site
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 09 Civic Si
You need to goto a junkyard and find a 88+ civic.... dig into the cluster and take out the VSS....

the VSS is basicly what moves the OD... its all one peice... you can take it apart and set it to your correct miles if needed.

I cant remember that one guys site, he did a b16 into a DX and had a page about the VSS on it.

~2009 Civic Si 4dr~

EF9 VTEC

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 B16A powered CRX, 1991 B16A powered Integra
    • Image Gallery
On my 87 Dx Swap I used an 89 Civic VSS. Have to make some mods to the gauge cluster but it worked. It fits on the cluster.

For the wiring just run a wire from the VSS to ECU #B16 location (on my PR3 ECU). The other wire is ground.

Hope this help you. Good luck.
biggrin.gif
87 B16A Powered CRX

user posted image

b16a87civic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 civic si 1996 honda civic hb
    • Image Gallery
if you use a zdyne computer you only need one wire for vtec. you dont need the seed sensor wire. zdyne eliminates the need for all the other sensors for vtec, thats why they call it the one wire transplant computer. you use the stock speedometer cable into the b16 tranny to monitor your speed. even if you are going to make your own mounts you should still look at hasport web site. they were very helpfull when i did my transplant.