←  General Posts

Red Pepper Racing

»

What Removes Cigarette Smoke Odor?

Airgazm86's Photo Airgazm86 08 Sep 2005

Totally not car related, but I thought maybe you guys could suggest a product to get rid of cigarette smoke odor. I just bought a used camera bag and apparently the previous owner was a smoker. mad.gif I'm currently using Fabreeze but it doesn't seem to work that great. Any suggestions?

jsgprod's Photo jsgprod 08 Sep 2005

My wife usually takes a box of baking soda and places it wherever there's an odor she doesn't like. It seems to work pretty well.

She hasn't tried to put one on me.........................................yet! tongue.gif
Jay

crxls's Photo crxls 08 Sep 2005

try cigar smoke laugh.gif

Buford's Photo Buford 08 Sep 2005

SHIT....works every time!

bryman10's Photo bryman10 08 Sep 2005

A nuclear bomb of some sort may do the trick.....

bryman<----hates cig. smoke mad.gif

mayhem019's Photo mayhem019 09 Sep 2005

some dealerships, in the detailing shop, have car bombs or whatever they are called. they put the fan on recirculate and it looks like a smoke grenade inside the car. after that circulates for awhile they clear it out and then they vaccuum and wash all the carpets and seats and i think if you put an air freshener in after that it should be gone for good. if you dont want to do it im sure an 80-100 dollar detailing would be worth getting rid of the smoke smell plus the car gets hella cleaned

E-AT_me's Photo E-AT_me 09 Sep 2005

dude..he's talking about a camera bag.. not a car.. heheee.

lxndr's Photo lxndr 09 Sep 2005

QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Sep 9 2005, 04:47 AM)
dude..he's talking about a camera bag.. not a car.. heheee.

So put the camera bag in the car.

Actually that Armor-All Oxy-cleaner (or whatever it's called) works pretty well, it will leave an odd but not unpleasant odor which i'm sure will be better than the smell of cigarette smoke. You can get it at most any auto parts store, Fred Meyer or Home Depot. It also worked great at getting my greasy footprint out of my mother-in-law's shiny new Escalade!

-=Playboy=-'s Photo -=Playboy=- 09 Sep 2005

deodorant and fresh air seem to get rid of 'other' smoke smells tongue.gif

bigk3000's Photo bigk3000 09 Sep 2005

theres all kinds of products that get rid of smoke smell, and tehy work too.. i cant think of any actual brand names, but go to an auto store and look at the air freshner section... it will be a spray in a can, and usuallly smells like raspberry

mayhem019's Photo mayhem019 09 Sep 2005

lol man i must have been tired

SlaveSpawn's Photo SlaveSpawn 10 Sep 2005

Just throw the Camera bag in the washer when u do laundry or hand wash it, then let it air dry.
Edited by SlaveSpawn, 10 September 2005 - 01:09 AM.