Prep. crx 4 a swap

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

rosendo192000

• time get closer 4 the b16
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
im preparing the crx si for the b16 swap . im about to take the engine and tranny out and sell couple stuff on ebay (i.e. alternator , starters , injectors , ecu etc....) , now i need your  help on what i should kept and not sell , throw away and should kept . or any other help would be appreciated
thanks

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well, there's nothing on the stock engine/tranny/ECU/etc that swaps over (except maybe vacuum hose) so unless you plan on switching back (yeah right!) I'd just sell everything I could.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

rosendo192000

• PipPip
so may just the vacuum hose

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
What I would do, and what I will end up doing when I do my swap, is NOT SELL A DAMN THING until I'm absolutely positive that I have no use for it whatsoever. Granted, it may seem like you'll not need anything at all for your swap right now, maybe even when you finish it, but when I replaced my stock airbox for a ghetto cone K&N filter, I'm thankful I didn't sell it/chuck it because I'd have been SOL when the filter fell apart on me (My own damn fault, but whatever). If you have the room for the stuff, hold on to it for just a little while until you're positive that the new engine works just fine and you have no need for it whatsoever. If nothing else, you can take it all apart, rebuild it (good practice for any other future engine work), and sell it to someone who may want to do a fuel injected swap into an HF or DX.
Once my D15 comes out, it's getting a full rebuild in prep for a possible turbo.

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Agreed. I didn't say you should sell it, just that you could. And I wouldn't bother with the vacuum hoses, that was just an example. As for wiring, I wouldn't take out or sell any of it, since you need that stuff.

rosendo192000

• PipPip
thanxs guys , for the help, u guys might of kept me from doing somthing stupid smile.gif

rosendo192000

• PipPip
one more thing im getting my engine next week and it cames w/first gen engine and transmission
• engine wire harness
• complete intake and exhaust manifolds
• complete axles w/intermediate shaft<---- do i need this
• ecu
• all ignition and electrical components (injectors,..etc)
• shift linkage <----and what about this (not the hasport)
• motor mounts<----------------(stock) i know i need the hasport but what about the oem

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Not sure what you are asking in that post, but you definitely need a mount kit, whether you buy or build is up to you. The shift linkage can be modified pretty easily if you have access to a welder. As for the rest, not sure.

UltimX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Like RPR said, the only way you are going to use the stock OEM mounts is if you weld in some. Along with the stock shiftlinkage.