←  1G CRX

Red Pepper Racing

»

New Interior

-=Playboy=-'s Photo -=Playboy=- 09 Jun 2005

Hey guys I’m going to custom make my entire interior just to be different.
I was thinking about doing it all black but thought id use two colors.
Has anyone got custom made DIY interior parts that could give me some ideas?

I’m having trouble trying to picture what colors would look good.

I haven’t found many pictures of any crx interior that’s different from stock.

C8V6C's Photo C8V6C 10 Jun 2005

Black on black biggrin.gif

badpenny's Photo badpenny 10 Jun 2005

QUOTE (C8V6C @ Jun 10 2005, 09:25 AM)
Black on black biggrin.gif

Denim is taken biggrin.gif

-=Playboy=-'s Photo -=Playboy=- 10 Jun 2005

Do you think a really dark black look would suit a crx?

bigk3000's Photo bigk3000 10 Jun 2005

i have a dark black interior in my civic, only because the Si was not available in canada, meaning no black interiors in canada.. so i painted my dash and doors and stuff, the only thing i need is black carpet..

im thinking of adding some stainless steel pieces to contrast it a bit... you'll eventually see what i mean when im done

Veonik's Photo Veonik 12 Jun 2005

Black on black or black on white (white exterior, that is) would look good

or black on yellow (exterior), but black on red might not be too good. gray on red would be nice though.

edit: it also depends on if you want vinyl or leather or fabric/whatever. shiny black leather/vinyl wouldn't look good on a red car, but black fabric would look good on a red car. or at least that's what i think tongue.gif
Edited by Veonik, 12 June 2005 - 03:33 AM.

-=Playboy=-'s Photo -=Playboy=- 12 Jun 2005

It’s a dark blue exterior, black out tints on the rear windows.
I pretty much have access to any material I want to do my interior at any colour.(color.. ph34r.gif)
But what I don't want to do is use a material in a colour that will look shit in the outcome.

I'm probably going with a similar design to what unusualcivic did for the boot:

I have only found like 2 pictures of custom interior and they are these

I don't really like the colour yellow even though I think it looks alright, I might go with black/red, I like that.
I don't want to just straight copy people though so I'm going to do something completely different, I'm just looking for what colours look good remember.

I want them 87 doors so I'm going to try find some before I paint, I'm not too sure if we have them in New Zealand. Did they make a 87-JDM?

bigk3000's Photo bigk3000 12 Jun 2005

thats waaay too much yellow lol... imo..

jeez.. i never realized how much room there is in the back of a crx.. you can fit that sub box and a spare too.. sweeeet

calmoc9's Photo calmoc9 12 Jun 2005

painted interiors look nasty. yuk! just leave it stock colored, off black. look in my gallery. even i think i have too much red in my car. stainless or brushed aluminunm would look good against an otherwise black interior.

scott

bigk3000's Photo bigk3000 12 Jun 2005

yeah but you gotta feel sorry for those poor guys that were stuck with stock red, blue and tanned interiors... yucky..

chedda_j's Photo chedda_j 13 Jun 2005

QUOTE (Veonik @ Jun 12 2005, 01:32 AM)
but black on red might not be too good. gray on red would be nice though.

your just saying that to make me mad arent you wink.gif lol just kidding

badpenny's Photo badpenny 13 Jun 2005

QUOTE (bigk3000 @ Jun 12 2005, 08:05 PM)
yeah but you gotta feel sorry for those poor guys that were stuck with stock red, blue and tanned interiors... yucky..

yeah but we overcome it with imagination, and style. Black just makes me want to take a nap. tongue.gif