My New Project *long*

• You cannot reply to this topic
40 replies to this topic

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Tomoyo @ Apr 14 2004, 01:06 AM)
Whether you know it or not, you own one of the most rare and sought after aftermarket 1g CRX parts right there. The holy grail of CRX body design..that Mugen body kit. Only now are they starting to make repros of it..and as great as they are, they're not the original (And they're damned expensive, too!)..Be very careful with that!!

Back in the day they cost between $2500 and $3000........so I think we are getting a damn good deal ph34r.gif
SportInjectedClub

ol'skoolrex_PH

• Street Racer
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Ballade CRX, 87 CRX Si, 95 Civic
I agree.. according to my catologue they were 2800.
and I don't think the kid ruined the kit...
I honestly think he's ruining the car by painting the interior and adding a DVD player.. but that's my opinion, I like clean fast cars

hey t25_civic - take a pic of the motor for us... is it the DOHC or SOHC fuel EFI or what? be sure to not mess up anything on that car, if it has that mugen kit there could be other stuff that is worth quite a bit of money biggrin.gif
Also, the sunroof I dunno how much for - 200 maybe shipping is gonna be crazy

t25_civic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Turbocharged 1997 Civic CX HB, and currently rebuilding an '85 crx
ol'skoolrex_PH - I don't feel I ruined the kit, I can always sand/strip the paint off and be right back down to nothing...maybe two days work at the most.

Trust me the interior was ruined in the first place, but I want to make this more of a show car. I've already got a 97 civic hb turbocharged with practically no styling mods other than a grill, and cleared corners. So I think its time to make a show car lol.

I won't be able to get a picture of the car till at the very earliest this weekend because its 2 hours away from my dorm. I'm up at college right now and won't be able to go home till saturday. As for the motor, I'm not to sure. I haven't paid much attention to the motor as of yet. but I will get some pics asap for ya.

As for the sunroof, I'll definetly keep you in mind, but I still have three or four weeks till summer, and then I'll have another two weeks till first paycheck. What about some bumpers? Do you have any bumpers?

Nick

Tomoyo

Front and rear 1g CRX bumpers are pretty common on Ebay.
user posted image

t25_civic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (Tomoyo @ Apr 14 2004, 03:41 PM)
Front and rear 1g CRX bumpers are pretty common on Ebay.

How sad is that, I never even thought to look on ebay ohmy.gif

Thanks for the (should have been) obvious suggestion. lol
Nick

boman

• BOman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si ZC-Turbo, 1999 Honda Civic Dx
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (t25_civic @ Apr 14 2004, 10:53 AM)
boman - how is it wrecked?  All you'd have to do is 2 days worth of work and you'd have it back and unpainted again.  So how is it wrecked?

Sorry mang! wink.gif I was more chuckling at the fact that over the last few years most
1st genners always claimed they would sell a kidney or two for that exact kit - and
here it is with blue flames on it...

biggrin.gif

So beside's fixing the roof...any plans? Swap? Turbo?

JAKOB biggrin.gif
1987 Honda CRX Si 1.6 DOHC TURBO (ZC)
1999 Honda Civic Dx

Sold:
1999 Civic SiR
2002 Lexus IS300

t25_civic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (boman @ Apr 14 2004, 06:57 PM)
Sorry mang! wink.gif  I was more chuckling at the fact that over the last few years most
1st genners always claimed they would sell a kidney or two for that exact kit - and
here it is with blue flames on it...

biggrin.gif

So beside's fixing the roof...any plans? Swap? Turbo?

JAKOB biggrin.gif

Not for the moment. I already have a turbocharged 97 civic hb, and I'm more looking for possibly a show/daily driver so I can tear the motor out of the hb and rebuild it next summer.

Nick

lemons

• Carbs are better (lol, not really; but they sound cool)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
OMG! An original MUGEN... You are so lucky..... Would it be alright if you left me and the car alone for a while sometime? I promise i'll behave! wink.gif wink.gif I'll clean up any messes I make.... I promise!
I have nothing...

t25_civic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (lemons @ Apr 14 2004, 09:25 PM)
OMG! An original MUGEN... You are so lucky.....  Would it be alright if you left me and the car alone for a while sometime? I promise i'll behave! wink.gif  wink.gif  I'll clean up any messes I make.... I promise!

I'd rather there be no messes in or on the car thanks biggrin.gif
Nick

gtcali

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '89 Civic Sedan (turbo), 2000 Suburban 4x4 (lifted), 85 CRX Si (project)
You ever check out that motor yet? I've been wondering what's inside.

Edited by gtcali, 15 April 2004 - 05:00 PM.

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
congradulations contact GT pilot to replace front and rear bumpers they look destroyed

t25_civic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (gtcali @ Apr 15 2004, 04:59 PM)
You ever check out that motor yet?  I've been wondering what's inside.

Sorry I thought I said I had to wait till this weekend to get pics since I'm at college and the car is two hours away. but I will get some pictures for ya'll this weekend.

And I will be contacting gtpilot for new bumpers. Does anyone have a straight on comparison of the stock vs. mugen bumper? Would it look completly wrong with a stock bumper? or will it still match the fenders?

Nick

t25_civic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Brought the camera home and took some pictures but of course I forgot the wires up at school to hook it to the computer. So I'll be getting the pictures up of the motor as soon as possible! Sorry for the long wait.

Nick

t25_civic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Heres the engine pics I promised. Honestly looks like the only thing worth anything is the MSD ignition part.

Engine Shot
Another Engine Shot

Let me know if you see anything else.

Nick

oldschoolsi

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si
That kit is easy to get ahold of, ive seen a couple on ebay and my friend can get them for like $500 shipped. Granted its not an original Mugen kit but its better than nothing. Good find on the car, its a little rougher than mine I just picked up for $500 but its a good project. I don't know if I would try to make it a show car....noone will give it respect just because everyone is all about the newest kits/rims and crap you can stick on a car and so far from what Ive seen these arent the most highly supported cars in aftermarket parts. I would fix it up, do simple engine mods and run it like it is. Good luck though whatever you do to it