Crx Is Dying

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

SlaveSpawn

• 速いロケットはホ
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 何も Mitsu ? Honda Civ. ?
I went out to start the car today and it ran all rough and choppy sounded like it was only running on 3 cyclinders and puffing out a small amount of white smoke any suggestion or diagnosis on my current prob

Khoal1GenCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX 1.5L Carb
head gasket??

hoopty dx

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic, 92 civic, 06 taco
    • Image Gallery
Check the oil and coolant if there geting mixed its prolly the head gasket.

Is it overheating?
QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Jun 22 2004, 06:08 PM)
They got that engine out withtheir mighty facial hair cant you see

Team BUrnOUt Member # 3

SlaveSpawn

• 速いロケットはホ
  • PipPipPip
Cars not overheating just running choppy has hell and small amount of white smoke out the tail pipe

Edited by SlaveSpawn, 12 November 2004 - 08:07 PM.

tjbizzo

• pumice my corns
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si Crapmobile
It sounds to me like it is missing on one cylinder due to one of the following: vacuum leak, fouled spark plug, corrosion on spark plug, bad plug wire, moisture inside cap, moisture inside cylinder on plug, bad rotor, bad igniter, blocked passage in carb, bad fuel, bad mojo, bad juju, bad karma, weasels, gremlins, leprechauns, British electrical trolls, cheap whiskey, pills. OK, it probably wasn't pills, but have you parked it next to any British cars lately? Has its exhaust had any kind of discharge or foul smells? Has the car gone on any kind of unusual *adventures* lately? Please answer the question honestly, it's for your own good. There's no need to feel embarrased. tongue.gif
Posted Image

SlaveSpawn

• 速いロケットはホ
  • PipPipPip
I have no idea what wrong the car being has its my first car let alone honda hasent even left the driveway in 2 weeks i been going out and running to keep it running smooth then the last 2 times this happens and yes the exhaust really stinks

Edited by SlaveSpawn, 12 November 2004 - 09:07 PM.

SlaveSpawn

• 速いロケットはホ
  • PipPipPip
Ok i Just went out now and the car was running alright and the oil wasnt creamy nor any white smoke so its seriouly weird . it might be oil seeping into the piston and burning off cause of a bad ring even w/ new wires i have ran on 3 cyclinders on occasion guess i'll end up taking to the shop to have it checked out and see where i stand from there the old Crx def needs a new motor thats for sure. either that or hello lancer evolution 8...i know blasphemy...lol

Edited by SlaveSpawn, 12 November 2004 - 09:36 PM.

1g Supremacy

bad mojo, bad juju, bad karma, weasels, gremlins, leprechauns, British electrical trolls, cheap whiskey, pills. OK, it probably wasn't pills, but have you parked it next to any British cars lately?