Nos In The Carb 1st Gen Crx

• You cannot reply to this topic
34 replies to this topic

5150CRX

• some people tell me that I need help......
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx,94 teg,75 bmw 2002, 91 crx si(sorta)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
well for what it's werth i've never had a problem getting reliable power out of nitrous...fi or carbed...and it's a whole heck of a lot cheaper that building a motor...which is NOT to say that I don't prefer a nicely boost bad boy...I'm just saying don't be afraid of nos...it's no more likely to blow up your motor than a turbo, or high compression..well actually you're prolly less likely to blow it up with compression...I think nos has a bad rap because to many people who don't know what they're doing think they do and they improperly install it and then abuse it and wow...pop goes the motor.....but the same stuff will happen if you get boost happy on a turbo...or don't install the turbo right, or if you over rev you're n/a bs.....besides the way gas prices are now...it's not such a bad idea to get good fuel economy or the option to run economy fuel and then have power at the push of a button when you need it...which is possible with nitrous if it's installed correctly...
Aidan
5150 Autosports
15110 E. Nelson #C
Industry, Ca 91744
(626) 806-5150

www.socalracer.com

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Nitrous doesnt kill engines, it kills transmissions. Ive sprayed 100-150 lbs of nitrous through my engine and its fine. Now transmissions on the other hand, lol. When i punch it all my car does is rev. I found this out thismorning on my way to work.

btw, its a 75 shot on a 96 grand am

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

C_piddy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 turbo zc (turbo edit) -1986 carb dohc zc hf
i have nothing against nos. except people who ask miss informed questions. and people who don't read and research about nos.

i hate when people come on the forum and ask... how much can i spray? how much does nos cost?

that's what ticks me off.

also i guess it's my personal prefferance but i like it when i have power right there, on demand. i don't have to push a button to peel my tires.

but to each there own.

chris
no fighting in the war room!

Dr. Strangelove

nivek2002

I hate Nitrous Oxide also but take it easy guys, we all had a begning when we didnt know anything. Just point him to the search button smile.gif

zAd -

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Integra, CR-X
wow this thread is still up. my bad if i sounded like an ass. and for the record i didnt shoot no nawwz lol.