Bike Carbs Done! Very Happy.

• You cannot reply to this topic
37 replies to this topic

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Mugen Mooncraft B-16 turbo.
QUOTE (Surestick @ Mar 7 2006, 11:18 PM)
I'm giggling reading your write up, I can only imagine what it must be like to drive it!
What's it sound like?

I love the use of the stock airbox, that lets you use the CBR filter that sits in the airbox if I'm not mistaken, right?

It has a strange sound. Not the common nipper sound you would expect. My exhaust is 2.5" to the rear bumper with a 2 stage flowmaster (with no cat). It kinda sounds like a ... Bike. I did the flowmaster temp. I am actually going to end up using dual Yoshi tri-oval pipes tucked under the rear bumper (not visible). I'm gonna post video on Mikes web site this weekend so everyone can check it out. I will make sure sound quality is very good. I used a UNI filter in the airbox, kinda like K&N for cars.

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Mar 7 2006, 11:29 PM)
this is off topic but, did you repaint your interior?

Yep... After the stripping I flat blacked her inside. Easy to keep clean, and no glare to deal with. It has a clean feeling for being very unfinished, on purpose. I actually noticed that the flat black takes unknowing passengers attention away from being in a tin can. My room mate said " wow, I like the added leg room" hehe.

crazi-85crx

i can't wait to see that vid. in the meen time i'll be working on my intake mani to mount mine.

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Mar 8 2006, 12:20 AM)
i can't wait to see that vid. in the meen time i'll be working on my intake mani to mount mine.

Dont forget my profile man. If you want to go all the way, IM me or get me by e-mail. I'd love to help you in your efforts. If you get stuck anywhere, or have questions, bug me, I demand it.

crazi-85crx

QUOTE (Shinobi's_Underwear @ Mar 7 2006, 10:37 PM)
Dont forget my profile man. If you want to go all the way, IM me or get me by e-mail. I'd love to help you in your efforts. If you get stuck anywhere, or have questions, bug me, I demand it.

oh i am going all the way. originally i was making a custom intake manifold because it's higher flowing, but i've been running into issues with plasma cutting the port holes out. so your method seems quite ideal.

you can check out the "my build" link in my sig to find out more about my project.

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX. Upgrades (so far) Illuminas on all four corners, new rims & tires & Eldo's carb mod. Needs some rust repair. 1993 Civic Si as a daily driver that I have sworn to keep stock (so $$ can go to the CRX).
You didn't have any problems getting the carbs to line up with the intake runners?

crazi-85crx

QUOTE (Surestick @ Mar 8 2006, 05:56 AM)
You didn't have any problems getting the carbs to line up with the intake runners?

that's the amazing part... they are practically in the same spot. maybe a couple mm off, but the couplers will fix that.

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Mar 8 2006, 01:25 PM)
QUOTE (Surestick @ Mar 8 2006, 05:56 AM)

that's the amazing part... they are practically in the same spot. maybe a couple mm off, but the couplers will fix that.

You got it! Even with my narrow F2i carbs, the connecting tubes help take up the slack. I used gas tank filler tube. It is not internally braided, fuel resistant, holds the weight of the carbs without bracing, easy to shape (set it out in the sunlight), and hose clamps pull things together without kinks. Get tube with an inside diameter that is hard to get over the intake, and a 1/4" to 1/2" bigger than the carb inlets. It just took a little time with a razor blade and some patience.

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Sorry guys! We actually got enough snow in Arizona (where I am) that the video's are going to have to wait till Monday. (Any Honda sounds tough on wet roads) I'll post them the second they are done. Later.

Honda_design

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: anything
Wow nice work! I'd wanted to do that to my b18C5 powered EK, but sold it before the project materialized...new inspiration for my EW4 civic...WOW still impressed!

AgWrench

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86crx(kid's project), '86 hf (si conversion, now my project), 95cav,minivan
now i have a reason to keep my hf engine. this is too cool.

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
now that looks mean mad.gif see mean face good job i wanna hear them so bad cant wait for the video

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
It has been a good amount of time. Things are holding up perfectly. No problems to report. Video will come soon. I was dealing with the ol' 14" phone-dials before. 215-50's made the huge change. The girl hooks now. Video will be damn accurate for my little ditty. Hope it works for everyone interested.

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2000 Civc Ltd Edition w B16a swap
How much of a difference is there between the DX intake mani and the d16 intake is there (as far as spacing between runners goes), or has anyone tried to do that one yet? (just wondering if the f2 carbs are the best way to go or if theres an "ideal" bike carb to use)

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
what kind of fuel pressure do you got going on here?