• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

kevsCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 Honda CRX Si, 96 Subaru Legacy
    • Image Gallery
When first start my car and it just starts to warm up I get a small amount of white smoke coming out the back but when it warms up the smoke is not there anymore. But when i punch the gas and get it up around 5000 rpm i get this cloud of white smoke. I know white smoke means coolant but i recently replaced the head gasket about a year ago. Does anyone know what this could be coming from?

Thanks,
Kevin

boman

• BOman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si ZC-Turbo, 1999 Honda Civic Dx
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (kevsCRX @ Sep 7 2005, 06:09 PM)
When first start my car and it just starts to warm up I get a small amount of white smoke coming out the back but when it warms up the smoke is not there anymore.  But when i punch the gas and get it up around 5000 rpm i get this cloud of white smoke.  I know white smoke means coolant but i recently replaced the head gasket about a year ago.  Does anyone know what this could be coming from?

Thanks,
Kevin

I'd say headgasket again... unsure.gif
1987 Honda CRX Si 1.6 DOHC TURBO (ZC)
1999 Honda Civic Dx

Sold:
1999 Civic SiR
2002 Lexus IS300

lxndr

• All work and no play makes LXNDR a dull boy. All work and no...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
If it happens at start up, that's an indication that your valve guide seals are going bad. If it blows smoke when you stomp on the gas, that usually means that your rings are going bad.

When a head gasket starts to go bad it will blow white smoke (steam) pretty much the entire time the car is running. If it's the rings or valve guide seals it will be blowing bluish smoke. Check to make sure it's really white smoke, sometimes its hard to see the difference between white and blue smoke. Also the smell of the smoke will tell you where it's coming from.