• You cannot reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic

1GEN_SI86

• Homina Homina HOMINA!!!! POW right in the kisser
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic CRX SI
    Garage View Garage
I did a seafoam treatment to my car today, was quite the experience lol. I can tell the difference while driving it. tongue.gif

I didnt add seafoam to the crank case but used the brake booster line as well as some in the tank...while my car was soaking I installed some goodies...

Strut Bar:

Dirty Valve cover:

Clean:

Old valve cover gasket:

The new one...Looked great tongue.gif .....

Cleaned up gasket residue:

New safety radiator cap:

Then the batman smoke show!...

And A Video of my car smoking...lol...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Seafoam is great for hotboxing the entire neighboor hood
Posted Image

ktm300

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Rex DX,08 Yamaha R6. 08 KLR 650
I made the mistake of just sticking a vac line straight into the seafoam can, then starting it up. In about .00243 seconds the motor was full of seafoam. And wouln't turn at all. I had to let it sit for a few hours untill it was able to creep past the rings. After it started up it smoked out about 3 acres of trees. This was on a 99 Tacoma 3.4 I had, and it really did run great afterwards.

1GEN_SI86

• PipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (ktm300 @ Feb 8 2009, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I made the mistake of just sticking a vac line straight into the seafoam can, then starting it up. In about .00243 seconds the motor was full of seafoam. And wouln't turn at all. I had to let it sit for a few hours untill it was able to creep past the rings. After it started up it smoked out about 3 acres of trees. This was on a 99 Tacoma 3.4 I had, and it really did run great afterwards.

LOL, I took a red party cup cut it in half filled it with seafoam and had it slurp it up, and towards the bottom I stuffed it in so as I finished the cup of foam I stalled the car lol....then my buddy kept it @ 2000K RPMs lol I wanna do another treatment out on my grandmas ranch where I can drive around like a bat outta hell lol

wills85

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 civic
i love seafoam! i noticed a cleaner run after lol

InvaderTrax

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ Feb 9 2009, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seafoam is great for hotboxing the entire neighboor hood

Or shopping plaza

ef91

• 87 stock box
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 black hatch si, 91 red hatch si
    • Image Gallery
seafoam=smoke=running better????? dose it run a lot smoother after sucking down some foam???? or do you feel it more on the butt dyno .??? should you do a oil change as well after the foam????

1GEN_SI86

• PipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (ef91 @ Feb 9 2009, 06:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seafoam=smoke=running better????? dose it run a lot smoother after sucking down some foam???? or do you feel it more on the butt dyno .??? should you do a oil change as well after the foam????

well from what i read it cleans out the carbon build up from your fuel system as well as ur engine....But since my engine is 250,000 miles into its lifespan I decided not to add the 1/3 to the crank case. Just my fuel tank, and brake booster line. You need to usually change your oil and sometimes plugs after a treatment depending on who you read. But what I found most interesting is that with older engines it could be the sludge and build up keeping it from leaking so that is why I opted out of the crank case dose. It does run smoother, my idle dropped a bit, and the throttle response is great. also feels like I have more power...But that may be in my head lol, there are a ton of videos, and reviews on seafoam around the net, not everyone gets the same results but I happen to think they did something wrong lol.

DarkHand

My Dad's Neon has ancient O2 sensors that are badly in need of replacement. A few weeks ago he tells me that the car is due for an emissions test (deadline is the next day!! Thanks for telling me!) but it was still throwing the O2 sensor code (CEL = auto fail). Didn't have the cash on such short notice to buy two new O2 sensors, so I picked up a can of Sea Foam, pulled the old sensors, and soaked them in it for about an hour. Sprayed them clean with electronics cleaner, then dipped the tips into Sea Foam again and lit them on fire to really clean them out. Sprayed them clean again and did the whole process over once more (hour soak, clean, fire, clean). They looked pretty good afterwards and the codes were gone immediately. The car tested great and the code remained clear for about a week. It kept the sensors alive just long enough to pass! biggrin.gif
DarkHand

Condor

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, bought new, no rice. 07 MCa w/sport, no kraut.
I can just put this into the gastank?

1GEN_SI86

• PipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Condor @ Feb 9 2009, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can just put this into the gastank?

yup I divided it into thirds....a thrid in my brake booster line, a third in the tank. and I have a third left over since i didnt pour it in the crank case.

DallasCRX

• Automotive Engineer - Honda of Canada
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic CRX Si, 2009 Nissan 370Z (Daily), 2009 Aprilia Shiver SL750
    Garage View Garage
Is it friendly for old seals and stuff? Won't damage any gaskets or anything will it?
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Mar 4 2010, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Rule of Money. Any Money spent on a car project will require a Square Root amount more Money spent to make the original Money's investment worthwhile.

1GEN_SI86

• PipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (DallasCRX @ Feb 9 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it friendly for old seals and stuff? Won't damage any gaskets or anything will it?

well depending on what you read around the internet...you are supposed to do an oil change after the treatment. It was talked about that in older engines that have bad seals etc, when its used it cleans away the sludge and crap that is preventing the leaks....so i dunno...just read around. I dont have the time or money to worry about major leaks since this car is my daily, and i dont have a job etc

Tim

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si
I have used this stuff COPIOUSLY on all my cars for about 10 years now.

If you add 1/3 to the block, only do so with it in idle, and yes, then you need to change your oil.

I have a friend who we seafoamed the block on his camaro, p.o.s. that it was, and it leaked like hell after that. Did it to my 82 Prelude, and it ran like the dickens afterward.

My theory is that yes, this cleans up some of those sludge 'scabs' that may indeed be preventing leaks. Your results may vary, but every single car I've used this on has run better. Amazing stuff.

Pour it directly into the carb or use the brake booster line very slowly, and near the end let it stall out. Too much, and you get VAPOR LOCK! Have to either remove the plugs, or let it leach out.

With the crappy stock FI on CRX's, it could make a big difference.
Cannot drive with the window up

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
Will those strut bars work with the carb cars?
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN