87 replies to this topic

Eric L

• CRXpert
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 1988 CRX Si, 1993 Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Hello everyone.... I've been away from the site all winter, (in fact, I've been out of the country all winter!) but now I'm back home here in NJ, and checking things out , and... seems as tho there's no meet planned for any RPR folks here in the northeast for this summer....
I'm just throwing this out there, but would anyone be interested in trying to organize something for this summer? I was thinking sometime in July or August... before Labor Day, because I think things get more difficult after then (at least they do for me), and I would be happy to find somewhere that makes sense here in NJ (eg, there are some parks near to me that are pretty close to ice cream, beer, diners, etc... ) If enough of you would like to get together, even just for a single day on a Saturday or Sunday, I'd be happy to invite you over to my garage - I have parking there for at least 20 cars easy, and a lawn, picnic tables, etc...
I know there's alot of you who I met 2 or 3 years ago at Sarge's place who come from upstate NY, and Long Island, PA, NJ, MD, OH, VA, etc... .I think somewhere near me is pretty much in the middle of everywhere from Boston down to Washington and out west as far as PA or OH.
So, let me know what you think.
If enough of you are interested and also open to making the whole thing a bit more grand and inclusive, I would also welcome anyone with ED/EF/EG CRX/Civics too.

Anyone of you senior members, please feel free to help me out - Thanks

E-Man

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2004 Subaru FXT
I'm in depending on the date. Same goes for J-Man.

Welcome back to the states Eric and congrats!

Elliot

Posted Image

Vicious

I'd be interested in going as long as you don't mind me showing up in my dd Saab, Crx is in Florida :(

I've been trying to meet some members up here but no one organizes anything. I know in florida we always had the yearly Crx meet or a BBQ or beach days

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

staticchmbr

• Work in progress
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2x crx in the rust graveyard, 87 crx si (building), 2004 wrx
    Garage View Garage
ill have to show up in a subaru, unless i can get a replacement crx body in time.. but im in for it
valvecover.gif
87 crx si (in pieces)
If you don't live for something, you'll die for nothing.

Sgt. Pepper

Count me in!
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
Count me in, as well. I *should* be able to drive an interesting car.

I was sorry I had to miss the "tour" a couple of years ago.

Keith, who normally camps...

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Decide on a date/location and I'll see what I can do. Just a warning. I'll be adverting my meet in Oct some of the time, and a lot as we part.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

Eric L

• CRXpert
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 1988 CRX Si, 1993 Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Wow! I'm encouraged by the response I'm seeing here... OK, so I will start to make a real plan for meeting...
Looking at my own personal schedule, the best dates for me would be a day on either the weekend of July 16-17, or August 6-7. However, I am open to a day on the July 4th (2-4) weekend or the week after that also.

Sorry that I can't promise facilities for camping or sleeping over (like Sarge did a few year ago) but I've been thinking of sweetening the deal for whoever would like to make the trip up here by the following offer -
There will be FREE parts (84-87 CRX/Civic) available for whoever wants/needs them... they will be available on a 1st come gets 1st dibs basis and also based on whoever may need them the most to finish a project or a repair.
So far, the list will include interior parts (dash, seats, carpet, etc), lights, suspension, wheels (alloys and steel), glass, and tons of miscellaneous hardware.

So, everyone please give me more feedback about who thinks they can make it and which day would be best. I will most likely settle on a day that could have the highest attendance. Thanks!

Vicious

July 6th-13th i'll be in new york on vacation and i'm sure the lady wouldn't mind spending one of those days meeting you guys. any other date as long as its a weekend i just need notice to schedule myself off. But i'm flexible to what works best for everyone

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

E-Man

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip

July 6th-13th i'll be in new york on vacation and i'm sure the lady wouldn't mind spending one of those days meeting you guys. any other date as long as its a weekend i just need notice to schedule myself off. But i'm flexible to what works best for everyone

If that is the date and you are up here perhaps we could coordinate. If J-Man is working I'll have an open seat if you want to ride shotgun Vicious (just in case the lady would rather go shopping)

Elliot
Posted Image

Vicious

I appreciate the offer I'm sure she'd want to come since she's actually interested in the Crx but if she decides to skip it I'll let you know. Any update on a date

-Marcos

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

Vicious

Anyone have an idea for a date?

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

E-Man

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
I think Eric is looking for the date thats best for the highest attendence. I'm good for most of July except for July 15, 21& 22.

First two weekends in August look good too.

Elliot

Posted Image

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I have races July 14th and Aug 11-12th. Aug 18th is also out due to Anniversary.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
I have autocrosses (that I have pre-paid for) on July 15th and August 19th, but it looks like I can make any other weekend in July or August.

Keith

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion