Look What We Got...

• You cannot reply to this topic
146 replies to this topic

lilneedle

• Mcguyver's long lost son...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Civic 1300 With complete brown top teg convo...
    • Image Gallery
Well ...got a call from Cyrus today...he says "hey tom I found a civ for 200" and I was like dam...so long story short...he bought it...car has low miles ...anyways the 1.5 in it ...we are putting in my 86 this weekend...hurrraaayyyy finally be rolling again...and with bike carbs...We will take detailed pics of the swap and bike carb convo so hang in there....Hopefully its another smooth operation...lol we all know how projects can get...lol...well here it is at my crib........Cyrus has a 1 and 3 g at his house so we are keeping it here...

And this is whats getting the motor....the lil bad boy...lol

What yall think....TOM wink.gif
FORSALE$700BUX...
86 1300 3G With Teg conversion...DOHC BABY!!!

SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration-member.

604_Crx

• My car is older than i am...
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
Good job on getting it all together man, Maybe this could be your build thread instead of always making new ones?

Judging by the stickers your putting arp head bolts in the engine?

Good luck

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
It looks like you're starting quite a collection of Avignon Blue 3Gs. wink.gif

How is the interior of the new one you bought? And does it have an OEM radio/cassette deck by chance?

DSMTimeline.jpg

lilneedle

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
interior is ok other than slight age rips in the seats...and radio is gone...but I get those oem's all day...and yes arp for life baby....TOM the build will start this weekend....TOM
FORSALE$700BUX...

Edge540

Are you running the CVCC ports? I think if you don't use them you will have problems with ignition because the spark plugs sit in the CVCC prechambers, and if you have no fuel and air going to the CVCC ports it can't be good... Of course I could always be wrong. ph34r.gif

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i love that blue color. same as my sedan.

its always nice to get yer ride running again. i was so giddy when i completed my si swap. all this talk of people runninf motorcycle carbs makes me want to do that to my offroading crx!!!

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
lilneedle, can this be your build thread?
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

1stGENcrxLOVER

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: white 2004 civic ex 2dr. black 2008 odyssey touring. blue 2007 ford f150 xl
he cant sell any parts off it (its my car) were goin to mess with it and see what hapens i find them all the time just like it for under 300 bucks biggrin.gif

lilneedle

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Yep hes a wild man..and new buddy...thanx cyrus...I can't wait to get my lilbadboy going...I ve never even driven it...never heard a motor run in it...yes to everybody...this will be my build thread...sorry I get excited easily...lol TOM
FORSALE$700BUX...

lilneedle

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Well we start tommarow on this swap...I stopped by advance today and picked up some temp parts to get err runnin for now...honestly though these components here are pretty reliable actually...weew im buzzed..we had a big dinner @ apple bees and 2 for 1 beers all night...anyways here is the start of our build thread..lol

we'll have more pics prolly monday night or so... stay tuned...doesn't it make you feel so pround ,comming to the end of your never ending project...???TOM rolleyes.gif
FORSALE$700BUX...

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
[quote=lilneedle,Jul 7 2006, 11:49 PM]

we'll have more pics prolly monday night or so... stay tuned...doesn't it make you feel so pround ,comming to the end of your never ending project...???TOM rolleyes.gif

man i like the fuel pump smile.gif its so clean lookin and mani wish my regulator would show up sad.gif :angry:it will most likley show up the day i have to be out of here and ill be workin on the honda tell dark mad.gif so how much was it for the hole package

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Sweet! Looks like my Si when I first started out.

Got any more pics of lilbadboy? Maybe some more background?

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

lilneedle

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Well we wnet to my shop last night(saturday) for a few hours to get that DX head off and to tear the doner's clip down alittle...and we'll be back at it today......I am one hung over dude...so it should be fun...lol check the first set of pics...there will be more today...we have light!!!...TOM

There is Cyrus gettin err done....

There is me gettin err done....

Thats how the doner looks right now....but not after the day we put in today..lol

Us boltin the bike carbs to the rebuilt SI head...yea!

The Lilbadboy awaiting surgery...muuuaahhhhaaahhh.

Kristy's(Cyrus's GF)86 SI under construction..anyways tell us what yall think and I will post later more of what we do today...hopefully we will have the block in the car...TOM cool.gif
FORSALE$700BUX...

crazi-85crx

I'm interested in seeing how that fuel pump works. I wouldn't think it flows enough for bike carbs or high rpm's... especially the 12S model.

Remember, those carburetors' fuel bowls need to be level when they are mounted.

lilneedle

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
We'll do....The pump is rated for up to 5.5 psi..with that regulator...I can turn it down if needed...I would prolly need higher like 4.5-5.5 when I get my cam and jets for the carbs...right????
FORSALE$700BUX...