I Want More Air

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

ydennek

• Kennedy
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX DX
When i turn on my Heat/AC it feels like someone is blowing on me. I want it to feel like a fan. Can i make my fan spin faster, or change something in my heat/ac head unit so the first click over it actually does something? I am about to install a school bus driver fan! Please help me so i dont look like a school bus driver. dry.gif
1987 Honda CRX DX

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Turn it past 1?

Thats why there is 2, 3, and 4 speeds.
Posted Image

mugencrxpro

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 CRX turbo B16, 98 4runner turbo

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
if you've never taken it apart, theres a good chance that all the foam crap that honda used between the heat/air ducts and the dash is old and dead and gone. this will not push air thru the vents forcefully enough and make it feel like an asthmatic 80 year old blowing at you thru a coffee stirrer...

i replaced all mine with real foam. should work much better.
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
i suggest driving a little faster with the windows down but if thats not an option, you can try one of these great idea's

When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

ydennek

• Kennedy
  • PipPip
QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ May 22 2009, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Turn it past 1?

Thats why there is 2, 3, and 4 speeds.

That is a great idea! But i feel as if i only have 3 speeds then. I want it to go to, maybe, 10 or more air at 1.

QUOTE (kaymo @ May 23 2009, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you've never taken it apart, theres a good chance that all the foam crap that honda used between the heat/air ducts and the dash is old and dead and gone. this will not push air thru the vents forcefully enough and make it feel like an asthmatic 80 year old blowing at you thru a coffee stirrer...

i replaced all mine with real foam. should work much better.

I think I might have to do this! What kind of foam did you use or where did you buy it.

QUOTE (crxls @ May 23 2009, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i suggest driving a little faster with the windows down but if thats not an option, you can try one of these great idea's

I always wanted an excuse to drive a little faster.

You guy have been a great help, thanks for the laughs too.

Edited by ydennek, 23 May 2009 - 08:54 AM.

1987 Honda CRX DX

glorious 87

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 civic dx
QUOTE (crxls @ May 23 2009, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

more the likely your evaperator is clogged. all my EF's have had crappy air flow till i pulled the evap and let it soak in degreaser and gently sprayed it off. the difference was night and day

ydennek

• Kennedy
  • PipPip
QUOTE (glorious 87 @ May 23 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
more the likely your evaperator is clogged. all my EF's have had crappy air flow till i pulled the evap and let it soak in degreaser and gently sprayed it off. the difference was night and day

Dumb question, if my pull my evaporator, the freon will leave my system? If so do i go somewhere and have them remove the freon?

Thats the evaporator right?

Edited by ydennek, 23 May 2009 - 09:35 AM.

1987 Honda CRX DX

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2009 AUDI TT 3.2L, Project Teg powered Austin Mini Van
    • Image Gallery
Don't know if this will work well but worth a try. If you have access to a compressor try a back flush. Just spray compressed air in the reverse direction of normal flow and see what kind of debris comes out the other side. There must be enough access via the exit vents to try this. Or possibly the intake duct under the hood is all clogged up with leaves and old dead critters you've sucked in along the way. laugh.gif . Try it on recirculate and see if there is a marked difference. JS

If you want one of these Logos send me a PM

aan.jpg

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (ydennek @ May 23 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guy have been a great help, thanks for the laughs too.

hey, im just glad i can help a fellow RPR member out. afterall, thats what im here for.

also, i was at wal-mart just the other day and they had 5,000 BTU window air conditioners on sale for $97. i think 5,000 BTU should be more than enough for your CRX

but seriously, i mock this because i have never seen a honda thats more than 5 years old with a proper working AC system thats worth a shit.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
yes that is the evaporator. yes if you disconnect it, freon will come out IF your system is still charged, but like CRXLS said its rare that it still is. mine never worked so it got the whole system removed, including that evaporator from the box. took it out and put the box back together, blocking off the ports. i would think that would help your airflow too. also mine had leaves in it too as well as the flapper door box thingy!

as far as foam, we buy it directly from a rubber and plastics place, but im sure you could find it at a craft shop or something. mine was sticky on one side and about a 1\4 inch thick uncompressed. its pretty thick and i had to push kinda hard to make the bolt holes line up but i know its sealed good now!
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol: