34 replies to this topic

hondadude

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 92 Civic Sedan
    Garage View Garage
Hi,

Thanks I have seen that manuel, but it went offline for a while, glad its back.
I find it almost the same as the one here on rpr.

Now I can get to work and check the timeing. smile.gif
Sine I replaced the water pump I have not had over heating.
But I think I need longer run to test it, I will also install the thermostat.

As for Fuel consumtion that has slightly improved,It seems that 97 unleaded works better than the 97 lead replacement, which is advised for my car here.

So what I will do so long is install thermostat,install new spark plugs check timeing and replace exhaust system (again) change sump gasket, then go for another cooling system test.

I wish weekends were longer... wink.gif
Thanks man!

Hey are you in America?
user posted imageuser posted image

Fennec

• I-5 traffic dodger
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 Civic 4dr (hibernating), 83 Civic Type S (daily masher)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well I hope the overheating problem is gone for good then. I am in America. Washington state is where I'm at right now.

RPR's manual has everything you could need but there are some differences between the other manual. US cars have the CVCC system and a different carb but thats the only difference I can think of right now. We don't have the cool pop up head lights over here either. sad.gif

I think your car will run better on the unleaded stuff. The lead replacement fuel should be unnecessary. As far as I know, Honda never designed any cars that used lead fuel.

Welcome to RPR! also...
HONDA: What else is there?
user posted image

user posted image

Buy/Sell with Confidence (vouches)

hondadude

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Hello,

Yes I hope my overheating problems are over too(just need to sort out the thermostat houseing, the bolt heads are worn out form abuse mad.gif )

I like America, I have never been there and would like to go visit oneday. smile.gif

I dont know whats up with our fuel as I am now told 97 LPR (lead replacemnt) is the same as 97 unleaded. blink.gif Anyway when I use unleaded it seems to run much better so I think I will use that more offen.

Thanks for the advice and welcome cool.gif

online14230

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Ballade/Civic 130 Sedan, 1994 VW Caravelle 2.5i
QUOTE (hondadude @ May 19 2006, 01:44 PM)
Hello,

Yes I hope my overheating problems are over too(just need to sort out the thermostat houseing, the bolt heads are worn out form abuse mad.gif )

I like America, I have never been there and would like to go visit oneday.  smile.gif

I dont know whats up with our fuel as I am now told 97 LPR (lead replacemnt) is the same as 97 unleaded. blink.gif Anyway when I use unleaded it seems to run much better so I think I will use that more offen.

Thanks for the advice and welcome  cool.gif

Howzit HondaDUDE
Im in Pietermaritzburg, own an '88 Ballade 130, 5 spd. Same problems. Ive adjusted the float level right in. No overheating. Ive noticed a slight increase in running temp, but that just lets me run a little better. Temp is running just below half now. Your timing should be 10 degrees ATDC. Im not sure what the CO should be, but Ill check up at home tonight. I have thew exact same problem, and people say I should drop in a Weber Downdraught Carb, but I cant find or afford one. sad.gif
Anyway, starting today, my consumption is fine. Ive been using 95 Unleaded for about 2 weeks now and alls good. Im just battling with a flatspot now. I had to change the baseplate gaskets to fix the problem. Apparently, after a while, they become brittle and break up. This causes the carb to suck air, which wil result in increased vacuum, drawing in more fuel (increased consumption) and advancing timing (the vacuum advance senses increased vacuum which indicates increased rpm which results in it advancing the timing a few degrees... prolly quite a few) which will cause, at the least, your car to 'pop' and at worst, your car wont idle. Reason being, the increased air requires more fuel. At low rpm's, the carb doesnt produce enough vacuum to suck the fuel out of the jet, which would result in your car dropping revs... cutoff. It probably wont idle under 2000rpm sad.gif. make sure, also, that the carb is clean. Clean it with a good carb-cleaner.
Change the baseplate gaskets, making sure there are no cracks on the baseplate itself. Check all carb gaskets to make sure they arent glassy. Have your CO set properly (I did mine by ear today) and check your timing, making sure alls well. If this dont help, lemme know. Ill do some research. Ive the perfect guinea pig smile.gif

I get some awesome help from the guys at Hondaracing.za.org Im not trying to plug them here, but theyre local, and they DO help. And they have a cool logo smile.gif Under 'style and Ice' in the forum there, check out the 'Thats My Jammie" thread, and thats my car...

I have a spare owners manual if you want it. Just phone me on .765233934 n we can make a plan to get it to you...

hondadude

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Hi,

Thanks for the advice but my car was stolen 6 weeks ago. sad.gif
I do have another popup but the body is too damaged, I was useing it for spares.
So all the bad bits form my first honda are on this one.So I am makeing it run and going to sell it. sad.gif Its got a sticky intake valve at the moment. blink.gif

I also have 2 owners manuels and 2 workshop manuels.
I am currently saveing up for a SR4 or S0R not sure what the guy on RPR call them? blink.gif

I never got to test my float as it was stolen the day I was testeing it.

Will check out your ride. smile.gif

Thanks cool.gif