WeaponREX86's Content

There have been 22 items by WeaponREX86 (Search limited from 18-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#39558 What Parts Do I Need For This?

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 31 October 2003 - 12:56 PM in 1G CRX

Hey all. I've got a guy with a 3rd gen civic si with a screwed body but a good motor. He's willing to sell me the whole motor for 50 bucks but i have no way of getting it. Could anyone give me a parts list of what I'd need in order to convert my dx to fi so i know what i need to have him ship. I know i asked this in a another post but that got no responses. BTW I plan to work all of this around my dx block because only the head is bad. Thanks for any help!

#39341 Si Head Swap Question

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 30 October 2003 - 12:05 PM in 1G CRX

Does anybody have any kind of guide to the FI conversion. I know there are a couple for doing the d16a1 swap, but I pretty much just need a parts list of what i'd have to have from the Si to do this one. The reason I want to go FI is that i'm pretty much just fed up with carbs and also I'm looking to probably swap in a d16 or zc at some point downt the line so having my car ready for FI would be a plus.

#39156 Si Head Swap Question

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 29 October 2003 - 10:44 AM in 1G CRX

I have a 86 dx with a messed up head. I have a line on a 86 si motor. I dont think I have the time to try and swap out my whole motor but i wasn't sure if i need the si block to convert to FI. So basically my question is can i just use the si head and the other necessary fi components to convert it? I think they use the same block but i'm not sure. Thanks!

#38910 Am I F***ed?

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 27 October 2003 - 02:28 PM in 1G CRX

Hey, does anyone know what the appropriate sized extractor would be or where i would be able to get one. Also, in case I'm unsuccessful with this, how hard would it be for me to remove the head of the motor. I can do the job if I have detailed info telling me how, but obviously thats the last thing i wanna have to do. I DID manage to break a spark plug off in its socket, so yea.
Also, i was wondering was required to swap a dx into FI. Is it possible to mate an si head onto a dx block and convert from there? Thanks!

#38586 Am I F***ed?

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 24 October 2003 - 07:44 PM in 1G CRX

That sounds do-able. Thanks a lot for the help.

#38582 Am I F***ed?

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 24 October 2003 - 06:42 PM in 1G CRX

Yea, um, I had a spark plug that wouldnt go in all the way, long story short, i tried to force it in, it broke off in the hole. Is there anything i can do to get it out or no? If not, looks like i got a 86 dx body for sale if anyone's lookin for somethin to drop a motor into. Please help. Any and all input accepted, even if u just wanna cuss at me a couple times.
sad.gif

#24984 Broken Trailing Arm

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 01 June 2003 - 04:55 PM in 1G CRX

Yea, I managed to somehow have my trailing arm on my rear left wheel break. I dont off-road my car and dont see how i could manage to put that much stress on it but it broke while i was driving. Luckily I had just pulled out of my driveway. How hard would it be for me to fix that? Maybe with a junkyard trailing arm? And how much do you think it would set me back to do it myself, or to get it done at a shop?
BTW, We're still in the process of workin out that whole legal situation from my accident with the truck. We're unable to find a phone number for this company and the police keep givin us the run-around. So yea, I think that they're gonna junk it cus its "totalled" and give me money. I want to get another 1st gen, but I want an SI, so if anyone knows of any for sale at a reasonable price in the Chicagoland area let me know. Thanks.

#24116 Hit By A Mack Truck

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 21 May 2003 - 06:55 PM in 1G CRX

Yea, I got all the hit run police report info filled out, so thats all taken care of. Right now we're just trying to contact the friggin company. We got the name and that shyit but no number is comin up.
But anyway, Went to a collision center owned by a friend of the family to get an estimate on the damges today. The value of an 86 Crx is $840 Us. The cost to repair my car, with him dropping labor prices by a lot, is $1245. Ouch. So legally my car's totalled. I dont know exactly how that works as far as whether my car gets fixed or i just get money, but all will be known when we get in contact with their insurance agency. And ow... whats that....is that a pain in my back?. Asshole better have money out the Yin-Yang. I'll post when I learn more. Later.

#23742 Hit By A Mack Truck

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 17 May 2003 - 06:40 PM in 1G CRX

How many people here can say they got hit by a Mack truck? Hopefully not many. I myself can. Luckily it wasnt really bad.
So Monday, I'm sittin at this stop light, couple cars in front of me, truck in back and cars behind him. We're sittin at this light for a while, and all of a sudden, I glance my rear view and see the image of the truck growin larger. So he hits me once, not too bad but good enuff, and my first reaction is to throw the car in first and move up and away from him. Hits me a second time, at which point i'm just like "WTF". Now this is like in a construction zone, 1 lane goin both ways, so pulling over is out of the question at the moment. I take down is license plate, and yell out the car that he hit me twice (while shaking fist angrily), at which point i think he signals that he couldnt see or sumthin, no clue. So I figure we'll pull over after the light and we're out of the construction zone. I pull over, he pulls around me, keeps goin. Brandon just got hit and run by a Mack friggin truck. There's damage to my hatch, the panel that says CRX, my right brake light, and he knocked loose some shottily done body work on my left rear wheel well. But, police report filed, company identified and its just a matter of gettin in contact with their insurance company. I dont know the net worth of the damage yet, but i'll stay posted. Take care all.

#22551 Need Some Guidance

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 02 May 2003 - 02:29 PM in 1G CRX

I've come to the conclusion that I would like to drop a D16a1 into my Dx. I've gathered a lot of info about the swap and know most of the parts necessary. But I have 2 questions. 1) Can anyone point me in the direction of a walkthrough of the swap done on a carb'd car? 2) I'm a 17 year old kid without a lot of space to work in. I've got a lot of time because my job isn't really demanding, and with school about to be done i got a good 3 months b4 college. Is it really possible for me to perform the swap myself or with help, with my absolute lack of knowledge? Cus I figure it would be nice to avoid spending a lot more money to have a shop do it. But it would also be nice to be able to drive down the street without my engine exploding and blowing flaming shrapnel in my face. Thanks!

#20983 Bout To Murder Myself

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 15 April 2003 - 02:30 PM in 1G CRX

See the key would be to take someone else out with you. We like to call that one "Murder Suicide".

#20007 What Kinda Exhaust U Got?

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 03 April 2003 - 08:08 PM in 1G CRX

What kind of exhaust system do you guys have/recommend? What brand? How wide? HP? etc. Thanks!

#19461 Temporary Hp Boost?

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 25 March 2003 - 10:28 PM in 1G CRX

Hey, I've been lookin around and seen some other info about fabricating an intake. I even saw a nice diagram. But to you peeps that have actually done it, where did you find space? These engine bays are so incredibly cramped that its hard to do anything in there. Whats removeable without breakin my car lol? Thanks.

#19450 A Few Questions

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 25 March 2003 - 08:03 PM in 1G CRX

I'm currently running 2 xplod 5 1/4's in the fronts and i got 2 Pioneer 6x9's in the back in the enclosures yer talkin about. They sound pretty good. I cant tell too much cus they get drowned out by the 2 10" Pioneer 400 watt IMPP's i got, powered by a "500" watt Rampage amp (YEA PEPBOYS!) But yea, the 6x9 enclosures work well, just make sure you secure em down, they like to slide around.

#19436 Temporary Hp Boost?

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 25 March 2003 - 02:27 PM in 1G CRX

Would it really make a difference to add a cold air induction when the car's carb'd? And last time i checked, screwin around with the timing can be rather dangerous lol.

#19341 Temporary Hp Boost?

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 24 March 2003 - 03:15 PM in 1G CRX

lol. Now to go aquire pantyhose, a mustang, and 50 feet of Duct tape. Why the Duct tape you ask? You can never have too much duct tape!

#19326 Temporary Hp Boost?

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 24 March 2003 - 12:46 AM in 1G CRX

Hey, I'm bored and felt like posting. Is there any quick/cheap way to boost Hp on the 86 DX for a while? Just wanted to see if there was a lil sumthin I could do to tide me over before the ZC. By the way the, the fund for that is coming along well. I'm thinkin it'll be making its appearance some time mid summer. Later everybody.

#19315 Alternator Bracket

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 23 March 2003 - 09:09 PM in 1G CRX

Lol. I gave her a nice wash and fixed up some rust spots on her today. How much u guys talkin for the bracket? I live by Chicago IL.

#19259 Alternator Bracket

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 22 March 2003 - 05:56 PM in 1G CRX

*sigh* I dont think my car likes me.
Anyway, for about a week, my alternator belt's been squealin, figured it was just gettin slick, and planned to buy a new one. So last nite the squealin was replaced by a grindin sound (at the time i knew not where it came from) and after driving through it for a while my car dies. So i push it into a nearby gas station (thank God these things weigh nothing), pop the hood and the belt's just sittin there on top of the engine, fully intact aside from the wear and tear from the slipping. After sittin there for a good 2 hours, me and my Dad realize that the bracket had cracked and the alternator is loose, causing the belt to slip. Is this a common problem or does my car Really hate me? Ordering the part from Honda is somewhere around 70 bucks and I haven't yet confirmed the junkyard price. But if its typical to the car should i just get a new one? Any and all comments greatly appreciated! Thanks!

#18870 Crx Dx To D16 Fi ?

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 14 March 2003 - 09:23 PM in 1G CRX

Hmm... sounds very much in my range. And with those 2 car's I'd have all necessary parts or are there still mounts and the like to aquire?

#18802 Need Help To Find?

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 13 March 2003 - 09:42 PM in 1G CRX

I too have been on the search for the car'b Zc and have come up short. I've also been advised to discontinue my search cus upgrading carbs doesnt like to agree with my ever changing chicago weather. I actually had a question about the Zc though. Which one fits the easiest into the car (86 rex DX)? Because a friend of mine, well versed in his car knowledge told me that the JDM spec ZC (the one with 130 hp?) wont fit, but the D16A1 (118 hp) will. At this point I stared confused at my computer screen cus i didnt know there was a difference. Please help me to rid my self of this ingorance, thanks!

#18766 Crx Dx To D16 Fi ?

Posted by WeaponREX86 on 13 March 2003 - 10:46 AM in 1G CRX

Hey, I have the exact same car and i'm lookin to do the same thing some time this summer. How much did u spend on the Integra itself? And how much do you guys think it would be to get all the other parts like these items:
"a 1st gen Si will provide the wiring harness, fuel lines, fuel tank(or the fuel pickup assembly inside the tank), fuel pump and its mounting bracket, throttle cable, emissions canister, and instrument cluster(for the PGM-FI light). A donor Integra will provide the drivetrain, tranny mount, ECU, clutch cable, and shift rods. Other extras from the teg: brakes, steering knuckles, and axles."