←  1G CRX

Red Pepper Racing

»

Successfully Passed The Crx Legacy To My C...

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 24 Jul 2017

My daughter turned 16 and she'll get her license in a few months. So I've been working her into manual trannys for some time.... with the crx in mind of course as the master plan!

I used to place her on my lap and we'd drive the neighborhood together back in 2001-04 Then when she was in the sixth grade, her legs were long enough to work the clutch on my IS300. I always had her drive that car being a 6 cylinder and was an easy clutch to teach.

So I pull the beater outta the barn two days ago. She gets in and we drive the back country roads for about an hour and a half. She only stalled it once. Awesome for her first time actually driving the Rex and a four banger!

We clocked another couple of hours in old Betsy tonight. So she explains to me how fun it is to drive this car... winding through the the country roads.. She talks about her first memories on my lap driving the car... Apparently she tells me about crx videos she's looking up the night before and tells me about Fan Boys 20 min video... It worked! Froid was a genius! She tells me She wants old Betsy, but we compromised on the straman instead. So I'll drop the carb and pop in the SI drivetrain this winter and get her going

Now for the next one. He's 12 and we had a conversation about his first car several months ago. My jaw dropped when he asked me for a CRX -- #3 is his! So this gives us time to pull the motor/tranny and swap all the seals/hoses w my old stock. Really looking forward working on this with him. Need to slap a new coat of Rio on that old girl. I took a different Froidian approach w him. Hes had a Honda media kit poster on his wall since forever. It's time to get him some wheel time this summer His legs are long enough

Last time I was a passenger in my crx was 20 years ago on a road trip w my wife. I'm good w the kids driving me around. Parent taught drivers ed was one of the best things I ever could have done!!

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 13 Oct 2017

This is cool.  My daughter has her drivers test within a month.  We've been been driving the Rex around a lot lately.   She asks me earlier this week if she can take the test in the CRX!    Game on!

She wants to drive it to school as well.   School's parking lot is like a bumper car arena.   I've got to think this one over a bit.

CRXer87hf's Photo CRXer87hf 17 Oct 2017

Well done sir!... although you're a brave man to let her drive the CRX :D

badpenny's Photo badpenny 03 Nov 2017

That is great to hear.

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 09 Nov 2017

She got her license last week. Unfortunately, the nerves got to her for the test. So she drove one of the automatics instead. I was there for the test and it was for the better. She passed! She took out the crx w one of her friends the next day. She hasn't driven it to school yet. Looking forward to it

PuddleSkipper's Photo PuddleSkipper 26 Nov 2017

I think that's Awesome!

PuddleSkipper's Photo PuddleSkipper 26 Nov 2017

I think that's Awesome!

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 14 Mar 2021

Kid #2 begins drivers ed. Doing the parent self taught again. Had him drive the beater a few years ago. So he’s got the hang of the clutch. Looking forward to brainwashing my #2. i still have the red #3 w 108K sitting in my storage on the side of the house for him. Upcoming refresh on this car. Can’t wait to have him drive his car to HS

CSPCRX's Photo CSPCRX 14 Mar 2021

Awesome!

1g Supremacy's Photo 1g Supremacy 19 May 2021

I tried. My sister (who's 11 years younger than me) has been having issues learning to drive. She says she gets extremely nervous when she gets behind the wheel of any of the larger vehicles in the family. My 1st gen isn't in any condition to be teaching anyone to drive in so I bought her a 97 del Sol Si. Technically it's a CRX! 

Well, she still hasn't shown any interest in driving, so I guess I added another CRX to the stable.  

CSPCRX's Photo CSPCRX 20 May 2021

JDM Del Sol was referenced as a CRX frequently.  

1g Supremacy's Photo 1g Supremacy 22 May 2021

Yup. And when we were redoing the badging after paint I made sure to take advantage of that fact.

image_url-1351-1621414030.jpg

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 27 May 2021

he gets his drivers permit next week. the beater is tip top and ready to train. probably the 20th person to learn manual on this crx

CSPCRX's Photo CSPCRX 28 May 2021

That’s very cool.  So many now do not even learn how to drive a manual.

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 23 Aug 2021

sons doing great on the clutch. we’re driving to school everyday now. he enjoys the feel of the stick, “i’m in control” he says... well pick up his girlfriend and she crawls in the back