←  Meets

Red Pepper Racing

»

6th Annual Gsr Meet Saturday, June 23rd 2012

badpenny's Photo badpenny 28 Apr 2012

Its that time of year again. Memorial day delayed meet. Location to be announced, it might be @ djclo's, it might be @ Gimpalot's, heck, if I can swing the time off, it might be @ my place. Anyways, I am interested in getting a count of peoples that plan to attend, for two reasons, I am planning on fajitas again this year, as well, the first shirt I am going to produce. I will need sizes of those attending, shirts will be a reasonable $10, this will cover material/production costs.

BigOrange's Photo BigOrange 28 Apr 2012

I want a shirt! Not sure if I can make it this year though. : (

Edit: I will take a large Farva! I am going to try everything I can to make it this year. But as of now chances arent looking to good.
Edited by BigOrange, 29 April 2012 - 01:20 PM.

Sinic's Photo Sinic 28 Apr 2012

Sorry to hear that bigO. You will be missed.

I plan on being there. I'll also take a shirt (XL).

badpenny's Photo badpenny 29 Apr 2012

I will edit my first post to say in large print, IF YOU WANT A SHIRT TELL ME WHAT SIZE. I created quite a stir yesterday.

euro86si-r's Photo euro86si-r 29 Apr 2012

my size is 3XL... do u have a pic of how the shirt will look?¿?

zakats's Photo zakats 29 Apr 2012

I'll make it happen. I want a medium

mallardtape's Photo mallardtape 05 May 2012

I should be there. Large for me please

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 05 May 2012

Been tHinking about this years meet. Count me in for 2 (qty) xl's.

I think the fahjitas have been a great tradition, so don't change. Working 70 hrs/wk, but let me know how I can help.my phone is the same, I think yours has changed. Call me

D

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 05 May 2012

Oh, I think my wife has finally accepted that reality of my 8 crx's. We're still married, so that's a good thing

badpenny's Photo badpenny 26 May 2012

Update, I will not be making shirts, as it is, I won't even be in the area for the meet. For those interested, AggressiveSt will be here in the DFW area the weekend of June 7th.

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 27 May 2012

Sorry to hear you won't be around Jason!

Kinda thinking the 6th might be a bit tight on time.

The past few years everyone agreed end of June is best while avoiding fathers day. Hot, but it works. Being hot, we seem to need water. Dj closes worked great to have a pool to hang last year. Also, elaborate planning wasn't necessary.

So I'm thinking we get a park with a swimmable beach, or campground w beach.

Past meets have been closer to ft worth.

We go camping every year on lake texoma. I'm just going to toss out Eisenhower state park. Right off 75 about an hour north of Dallas. It's one of the cleanest, clearest lakes in Texas. We're taking the boat tomorrow for the day, well the boat is for fishin, but I just ferry the family to a secluded beach and swim,grill,drink for the day.

Been having great turnouts for the past few years. Central Dfw seems to work best since most just pop in. I just don't want to swim in any lake near Dfw. Ike park has a really great beach and day access is 5 bucks. Local roads are wooded and curvey. A blast to drive in our cars.

Or we just pick a park centrally located to cook out at.

Or Austin, San Antonio to even out the drive time for those who travel up this way in the past.

I have a 2 person kayak, 2 person snark sailboat. My fishing boat is basically a row boat, which is why I have a hitch on my Rex. Sorry, no jet ski or sexy ski boat here, but maybe others might have one. But day rental on a speedboat is around 40o bucks if we had enough to chip in for it.

We did speed zone a few years ago and anything on concrete is just to hot end of June.

Thoughts??? .... Be a shorter trip for bobby.....

Screech's Photo Screech 27 May 2012

I have a race on the 9th here at home. And I don't have the vacation time either. Have fun. One day I'll make it there. Perhaps Brat and I will co-drive the racecar there when we do get to go.

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 04 Jun 2012

Okay, need some thoughts on a park. ( I'll get out your way sometime screech!! ).

So far zak, mallard tape, sinic and myself are confirmed.

Zak, normally you would crash somewhere here. Do you have a place to stay??? Could you still make it happen if I just get a campsite?

This week's going to be in the 90's w/ heat index in upper 90's. So water fun is a plus. Be worse in a few weeks.

Are the ft worth guys willing to drive due north of Dallas for an hour? Makes it harder to just pop in. Other issue is the gate closes by 10pm. You can still get out . Park ranger and sheriff patrol areas, so it quiet and relaxed.

Bonus: sandy beach, cleanclear swimming water. Boat/jet ski rental. Awesome wooded, curvey, black topped country roads to travel. Party stores nearby, nighttime bonfire. Sites have water and electricity w/ tables and covered awning.

If a few of you can give me a "go", then I'll make reservations. Issue, spots fill up fast, so I need to get a reservation quick to get best beach and boat access.

Chime in and let me know

I love to camp and fish so I'm thinking of getting a couple sites closest to the beach for the 23rd

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 05 Jun 2012

I went ahead and reserved a site closest to the beach for both Saturday the23rd and Sunday the 24th.

I'll have to post a map and directions. It's on the tx Oklahoma boarder about 10 miles as the crow flies from the denison dam

zakats's Photo zakats 06 Jun 2012

Can we get a show of hands for who we should expect to see?
I know that Sinic, Greasemonkey, and myself are in but what about DJClo, Hamster, mallard and the rest of you DFW/Austin/SA/OKC goons?