Attention Everyone!

• You cannot reply to this topic
48 replies to this topic

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
ok. facts are facts. we are all basically bidding against each other for this thing on ebay, right? i say we find someone who can make a copy, 5150, you made copies before, right? i say we make sure that YOU win the bidding wars and you get the original to make copies from. it really doesn't make sense to have a bidding war for this thing if the same thing will happen eventually anyways. does this make sense to everyone? it's great to have the original, but a copy that is cheaper ain't half bad. i'm willing to help out to "donate" money to who we elect to get the original to be sure we do get it. i'm also willing to help pay costs for getting it made.

anyone else think this sounds better than everyone else bidding this thing up to $700 bucks? i think it would be easier this way. what do you think? let's work together instead of against each other!!!
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

savestheday

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 crx HFi, 1993 Integra
isnt that illegal?
It runs! Carb to Megasquirt EFI.

DarkHand

It is if the buyers doing it are in cahoots with the seller, but a few people agreeing to bid on something and share it later sounds fine to me.
DarkHand

tencutty

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 si hatch
QUOTE (DarkHand @ Apr 28 2005, 11:14 AM)
It is if the buyers doing it are in cahoots with the seller, but a few people agreeing to bid on something and share it later sounds fine to me.

SHARE being the optimum word to focus on
Aoccdring to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtsy,it deosn't mttar in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are. The olny imprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the right pclae. The rset can be a ttoal mses and you can slitl raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
what the... dammit.. is it illegal? hmm. i guess i'll have to look-see.

i guess the only problem would be the price wouldn't be as high as it normally would, but the outcome will be the same. well, it should be. i assume it will be the same, and it would just be easier to do it this way so we don't have to hope it ends up in the right hands.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
That's fine with me, but not everyone on ebay is here...
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
yeah, i know.. sorry about you having to move the post! i should have thought of that first. doh!..

i guess we'll just see what happens.

speedfreak198420

• Nailin' the gas since '98!!!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 84 civic hb with Twin Cam power(soon to be BOOSTED)
    • Image Gallery
Im sorry if i caused a mess by posting the link to that wing, but yeah
that does sound like a GREAT idea E-AT.

And no, it is NOT illeagal to do that unless the seller has asked you
to help him bid the price way up on the item. Pooling your money together
so that one person may get the wing would be like us loaning someone
the money to get a new car.

But on that note, i would like to see some copies made of it myself.
I just like the looks of it, I dont care if it's the original.

I mean think about it people. There going to look IDENTICAL. So
YOU would be the only person that knew it wasnt real.

Sorry for the confusion and thats my 2 cents

Jeff

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (speedfreak198420 @ Apr 28 2005, 11:46 AM)
Im sorry if i caused a mess by posting the link to that wing, but yeah
that does sound like a GREAT idea E-AT.

And no, it is NOT illeagal to do that unless the seller has asked you
to help him bid the price way up on the item.  Pooling your money together
so that one person may get the wing would be like us loaning someone
the money to get a new car. 

But on that note, i would like to see some copies made of it myself.
I just like the looks of it, I dont care if it's the original.

I mean think about it people.  There going to look IDENTICAL.  So
YOU would be the only person that knew it wasnt real.

Sorry for the confusion and thats my 2 cents

Jeff

that's exactly what i'm saying. i don't mind a copy either.

but you still got my gauge cluster.. sooo...... i dunno.. heheee. well, atleast i THINK you did.

btw it's ok about posting this.. as long as someone on RPR gets it.. and then makes copies.

shauno

I'll pay for a copy... actually for two

Copy or not, they still look good.
Time to kick some ricer butt!

tencutty

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 si hatch
QUOTE (shauno @ Apr 28 2005, 06:05 PM)
I'll pay for a copy... actually for two

Copy or not, they still look good.

SHO NUFF!

I'll buy a copy as well , TY for the guy(s) that are willing to make the copies for us.
Aoccdring to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtsy,it deosn't mttar in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are. The olny imprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the right pclae. The rset can be a ttoal mses and you can slitl raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe

5150CRX

• some people tell me that I need help......
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx,94 teg,75 bmw 2002, 91 crx si(sorta)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
well it all sounds good to me, assuming I am the winning bidder I will of course make copies, but this time in fg the 1g carbon wings ended up costing way too much and to be honest aren't selling anywhere close to what I expected. but the fg should be much more affordable. as for the original I may hold onto it as molds have a tendency to break, as happened with one of the molds for the 1g mugen wing...an employee droped it...it's basically done...I still have the original, but I can't justify the cost of making another mold again. anywho these wing will be made for you 3g guys as I don't have a 3g but I do have the means to reproduce a rare part and hopefully help share some of the love.
Aidan
5150 Autosports
15110 E. Nelson #C
Industry, Ca 91744
(626) 806-5150

www.socalracer.com

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (5150CRX @ Apr 29 2005, 10:04 AM)
well it all sounds good to me, assuming I am the winning bidder I will of course make copies, but this time in fg the 1g carbon wings ended up costing way too much and to be honest aren't selling anywhere close to what I expected.  but the fg should be much more affordable.  as for the original I may hold onto it as molds have a tendency to break, as happened with one of the molds for the 1g mugen wing...an employee droped it...it's basically done...I still have the original, but I can't justify the cost of making another mold again.  anywho these wing will be made for you 3g guys as I don't have a 3g but I do have the means to reproduce a rare part and hopefully help share some of the love.

did the dude get fired?

5150CRX

• some people tell me that I need help......
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx,94 teg,75 bmw 2002, 91 crx si(sorta)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Apr 29 2005, 10:12 AM)
QUOTE (5150CRX @ Apr 29 2005, 10:04 AM)
well it all sounds good to me, assuming I am the winning bidder I will of course make copies, but this time in fg the 1g carbon wings ended up costing way too much and to be honest aren't selling anywhere close to what I expected.  but the fg should be much more affordable.  as for the original I may hold onto it as molds have a tendency to break, as happened with one of the molds for the 1g mugen wing...an employee droped it...it's basically done...I still have the original, but I can't justify the cost of making another mold again.  anywho these wing will be made for you 3g guys as I don't have a 3g but I do have the means to reproduce a rare part and hopefully help share some of the love.

did the dude get fired?

haha i don't think so..it was an accident and I don't think it was due to neglegence
Aidan
5150 Autosports
15110 E. Nelson #C
Industry, Ca 91744
(626) 806-5150

www.socalracer.com

toxicshit

it was theyr fault and you have to pay to make a new mould thats fucked up. kick the guy in the nuts and have him make a new one for you for free biggrin.gif

im still saving money to buy a carbon wing from you.. can i make an deposit or so so i can get one before they are sold out ?

and ill contact some 3th gen guys around here to see if they also want an copy.

Greetings Erwin.

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg