K20 Into Our 1985 Ah Civic

• You cannot reply to this topic
99 replies to this topic

nivek2002

QUOTE (JDC420 @ Mar 8 2006, 10:28 AM)
That's pretty neat.  I heard the K20A Is lisenced by Wankel and has 4 inline rotors that rotate. True?

huh.gif blink.gif

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (JDC420 @ Mar 8 2006, 08:28 AM)
That's pretty neat.  I heard the K20A Is lisenced by Wankel and has 4 inline rotors that rotate. True?

Hmm I wonder if there are rotors that don't rotate.
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX. Upgrades (so far) Illuminas on all four corners, new rims & tires & Eldo's carb mod. Needs some rust repair. 1993 Civic Si as a daily driver that I have sworn to keep stock (so $$ can go to the CRX).
K20A 2.0 16V DOHC i-VTEC PGM-FI 1998 220hp@8000rpm 206tq@7000rpm 01-02 Integra/ CTR
K20A2 2.0 16V DOHC i-VTEC PGM-FI 1998 200hp@7000rpm 142tq@6000rpm 01-02 RSX Type-S
K20A3 2.0 16V DOHC i-VTEC PGM-FI 1998 160hp@6600rpm 132tq@5000rpm 01-02 RSX Civic Si

And that's stock. Apparently there is a LOT of potential for more in those motors.
It doesn't even look like you had to shoehorn it in or anything (though it's hard to tell for sure w/o the rad supports in there).
Nice.

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
You know what this means? Our cars can live forever!

Nice work.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

Camsshaft

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 90 fulldrag CRX/86sihatch/89toyotatruck
I dont know how in the hell u guys got your hands on a jdm hatch , but the combination
of the k20 sitting in this car has given me a hardon that u could swing from and the jealousy in me is making me feel that I want to choke u while making love to your car of coarse. nice work guys . keep us posted I'd like to see what this runs at the track. And also are u going to be making any more of these mounts? If so lmk I'll buy a set.

lemons

• Carbs are better (lol, not really; but they sound cool)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (JDC420 @ Mar 8 2006, 11:28 AM)

You are truley mis-informed......
I have nothing...

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (JDC420 @ Mar 8 2006, 11:28 AM)

wtf>> the k20a is a honda motor.. MAZDA who only makes the rotary motor, did not sell the 4 rotor "rb26a" to the public it was in the lemans racecars only.... but anyways sweet swap I wish i had the time or patience to tackle such a project..good luck in the season...

RexBoy21

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si
the k series are amazing. so much torque and power out of a 2 liter.

Zephyr

• On the Podium
  • PipPipPipPip
QUOTE (Camsshaft @ Mar 8 2006, 03:57 PM)
I dont know how in the hell u guys got your hands on a jdm hatch , but the combination
of the k20 sitting in this car has given me a hardon that u could swing from and the jealousy in me is making me feel that I want to choke u while making love to your car of coarse. nice work guys . keep us posted I'd like to see what this runs at the track. And also are u going to be making any more of these mounts? If so lmk I'll buy a set.

RHD does not always equal JDM. This car is located in Austrialia. All Honda hatches and CRX's were build in Japan at that time.

That swap is so nice. As cool as it would be to make a H1 car like that I don't think it would be competitive.
1985 CRX Si H2 Racecar
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS with a WRX swap

chrisandsarahb

• Warm It Up Chris!
  • PipPipPip
Yikes!

Just one word, FIERCE!

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX. Upgrades (so far) Illuminas on all four corners, new rims & tires & Eldo's carb mod. Needs some rust repair. 1993 Civic Si as a daily driver that I have sworn to keep stock (so $$ can go to the CRX).
You are truley mis-informed......

4-20...
This is your brain on drugs...

Or someone is trolling.

B@T "El Argentino"

Holy crap!!! blink.gif ohmy.gif That's what I want to have on my CRX when I grow up biggrin.gif
B@T 46 "THE DOCTOR"
[email protected]
user posted image
My "VOUCH" tread http://www.redpepper...44

JDC420

• Slowtoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 84 Crx, 92 Civic 4dr (1,260,000km) , 96 Accord EX 5sp 4dr (mom's)
hahahaha, sorry 'bout that. I just wanted to read the reactions and get a good laugh. Thank ye.
user posted image

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx hf w/B18C and a RAM
    • Image Gallery
good work. i do want to know some of the details about the swap as well. This was a long term goal for me, but has been put on hold.

Any info would be great though.

Awesome work!!
twitter: @lylehatton

G AE82

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: K20a 85 Civic Hatch, B16a 86 civic hatch
Thanks for the kind words guys. The build has had a few headaches but nothing major. The mounts were custom made by a fabricator who works on top door slammers over here in Australia and the engine fit in the bay with only minor shaping of the right hand chassis rail, for clearance of the alternator pulley. The original brake booster didn't fit so a remote booster has been put behind the right hand headlight. The cable clutch to hydro clutch was fixed by converting the whole set up to a hydro system. Wiring wasn't that hard as the we had all the wiring diagrams from hondata, and we still have to wire up a few things. Custom extractors are being made up as we speak and should be finished Wednesday ready for tuning, to be finished on Saturday, ready for the test and tune on Saturday night (fingers crossed).
1986 Civic with B16A
13.80 @ 98 mph
1985 Civic with K20a
11.67 @ 116.55 mph
All Motor FWD street tire record in Australia
Fastest pump fuel ALL MOTOR FWD in Australia