• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

Non-Ricer_Civic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1984 Toyota Hilux 2WD
    Garage View Garage
Alright before, I was having issues with my carbureted engine (EW1). Today I went to the local self-service junkyard Pull&Save. After a long wait (about a year), and only looking through all the 3rd Gen Civics, and most of the 1st gen CRXs, I finally came across a D15A3 engine, that was complete. To save time, I am just going to swap the head over to my EW1/D15A2 block. I grabbed the intake and exhaust manifolds, the head itself (and valve cover), along with the distributor.

Now, the swap begins. I plan to use my carbureted engine's coil, since it's already in place. I may come across some future problems, such as bypassing certain sensors. I read in my Hayne's Honda Civic Repair Book for 84-91 (all models) that the crank angle sensor is part of the dizzy, is that true? ("If the crank angle sensor failed any of the above tests, the entire distributor must be replaced [at the time of writing no replacement parts were available].") - Haynes Honda Civic '84 thru '91 {Ch 6 sec 5}.

I still need to go back, and get the core exchange on the cylinder head refunded (I didn't bring mine), and with the other $30, I plan to buy an ECU and the engine wiring harness.

Any suggestions or helping advice while I'm in the middle of this mess?

Non-Ricer_Civic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
The intake manifold (1 of 2):
Posted Image

(2 of 2):

Posted Image

And the head, exhaust mani, dizzy, and valve cover:

Posted Image

Mark L

I would try to get the full wiring harness including main relay and fuse panel , the gastank, fuel pump, and maybe the fuel line from the gas tank to the injector.Also consider getting the gas filter and coil mounts.

Mark
1989 Integra RS
1991 Civic RT4WD
1994 Integra
icerace.com

Non-Ricer_Civic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage

I would try to get the full wiring harness including main relay and fuse panel , the gastank, fuel pump, and maybe the fuel line from the gas tank to the injector.Also consider getting the gas filter and coil mounts.

Mark

Just in case the CRX SI has been further pulled apart by the time I get there, would any of the 88-91 civic/crx wiring harnesses work? Or do I need to find me the D15A3 specific one? (I also understand that the D16A1 harness would work with a little modifications?)

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
84-87 civic / crx only.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

1 slow rex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip