Just A Simple Question?

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

xsolidjacksonx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 crx hf
i know this is going to sound like a complete off the ball question...and im sure ill get crap for it...but here it goes...why didnt they just put a cup holder in crx's?

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
i dont know about the crx but ihave one in my civic si and its handy, its built in to the concole.

Drazon

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si
You can buy a center console that has one cup holder. It bolts on over the E-brake. I saw it on EBay recently.
user posted image How's my drawing?

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
Cup holders didn't become common-place until after the 1st gen. CRXs. Also, the Japanese (and Germans, I have heard) wouldn't think of eating or drinking in their cars (they cherish their cars, relative to the way we treat our cars). However, they have adapted to what the American market expects, over the years.

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

tencutty

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 si hatch
QUOTE (kedwards @ Mar 27 2005, 04:45 PM)
Cup holders didn't become common-place until after the 1st gen. CRXs.  Also, the Japanese (and Germans, I have heard) wouldn't think of eating or drinking in their cars (they cherish their cars, relative to the way we treat our cars).  However, they have adapted to what the American market expects, over the years.

My guess is ergonomics ,lifestyle pace and change in the US over the past 20 yrs. I guess i would have to research the invention of the big gulp or the 44 oz bladder buster. lol

Not a silly question at all, it notes the changes in American consumer needs though over the years. hell now we have mini vans that have about 15 of them suckers all over the place.
Aoccdring to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtsy,it deosn't mttar in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are. The olny imprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the right pclae. The rset can be a ttoal mses and you can slitl raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe

dirtynails

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 87 crx , 96 contour ztec
PUT YOUR DRINKS BEHIND THE SEAT AND USE A HOSE

tencutty

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 si hatch
QUOTE (dirtynails @ Mar 27 2005, 06:54 PM)
PUT YOUR DRINKS BEHIND THE SEAT AND USE A HOSE

haha!! better yet remove that small storage bin and put a cooler fulla mojo in its place. haha , nothing like gettin punchdrunk drivin a 20 yr old 1700 lb car at top speed. only the good die young.
Aoccdring to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtsy,it deosn't mttar in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are. The olny imprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the right pclae. The rset can be a ttoal mses and you can slitl raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe

87MugenProCR-X

• Just Drive...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 Honda CRX, 94 Honda Civic 4dr, 95 Volvo 850 Turbo Wgn, 91 Mazda Miata
I know ive pondered this question many times, holding a drink in my hands shifting gears and needing to turn right.

Julian

Veonik

• because 35mph is FAST, yo!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (87MugenProCR-X @ Mar 27 2005, 07:55 PM)
I know ive pondered this question many times, holding a drink in my hands shifting gears and needing to turn right.

Julian

I just got done doing it, except it was my cell phone. It was kinda scary too lol (I had to downshift to second, then hurry and grab my wheel, since I didnt realize I needed to turn til right near the turn)
user posted image

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
Sports cars shouldn't have cup holders. Did you ever see a cup holder in a Porche 911 or Ferrari Testarosa? The minivan and SUV craze is continuing to contaminate the entire car market, and cup holders in the new sportscars are part of that. The manufacturers have to do what sells cars and do what customers like. Did I mention that most customers are people who work the 9-5, need their A.M. coffee on their 1hr. commute, and have never seen a racetrack in their lives?

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Omega Mugen @ Mar 27 2005, 10:19 PM)
Did I mention that most customers are people who work the 9-5, need their A.M. coffee on their 1hr. commute, and have never seen a racetrack in their lives?

ohmy.gif you mean 695 (baltimore beltway) and 495 (D.C. beltway) arent racetracks? oops, i just thought the pacecar was lapping me sad.gif

Edited by crxls, 27 March 2005 - 10:31 PM.

When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
conspiracy... they want all 1/3g owners to spill their drinks on theirselves so that the napkin industry can make profit. instead of subsidising it. They know that when a drink is spilt you wont grab a towel..nono you're gona go for those napkins or ppr towels.
also theres an even more secret conspiracy that has to do with hippies but if i've already told u too much they're watching me right now but i have too strong of a defensive position right now...yeah...they're just waiting for me to slip. let the trueth be known!!!!
--zak--
He who dies with the most toys, wins.